View Full Version : Has anybody tried Sunny Side omelettes yet?

craigbanks
09-03-2009, 09:32 PM
My wife and I were wondering if anybody has tried it out yet. I read some reviews while it was in Norman for 15 years and they were all good. I also noticed that the reason they relocated to Moore was because the city of Norman bought out the old location. It had something to do with the I-35 expansion project.

kevinpate
09-04-2009, 06:36 AM
If it is the same folks from Norman, they had some very devoted regs who are sad they got bought out.

The long time location, and others nearby, were bought out because of an underpass Norman is going to construct to take Robinson street under the tracks. The process simply destroys access to the property and the buildings were razed just a few days ago.

So far as I know, that's the only reason they left town. I guess finding an available location in Norman was not in the cards.

Don't be surprised to find lots of Norman folk who work in OKC at the new location. It wasn't my haunt, but I know folks who swear by it and they'll stay with it.

craigbanks
09-04-2009, 07:05 AM
Thank you kevinpate for your insight, I had read a few reviews in the Norman Transcript and they were all positive. The people in Norman were sad to see it go but would make the drive up I-35 to the new location.

craigbanks
09-05-2009, 07:39 AM
My wife and I tried this place out Friday and we were not dissapointed. We arrived there at 10:30am and the place was packed but we only had to wait a few minutes to be seated. Although they were busy we were in and out within 45 minutes and the food was great. We will definetely be going back.

kevinpate
09-06-2009, 06:23 AM
Another place to enjoy breakfast out is Ozzie's, the diner at the airport in Norman.
It and the Diner in downtown Norman are the reasons Sunnyside never became my haunt.

craigbanks
09-06-2009, 08:36 PM
I have to agree Ozzie's is very good but I like Sunnyside Up better, just my humble opinion.

Martin
09-06-2009, 10:20 PM
where in moore is this?

i remember the 'sunny side up' location on robinson & flood in norman and the one on sw 59th & western in okc, but i don't know where this is...

-M

oneforone
09-06-2009, 10:34 PM
Another place to enjoy breakfast out is Ozzie's, the diner at the airport in Norman.
It and the Diner in downtown Norman are the reasons Sunnyside never became my haunt.

Ozzie's is also a good place for a good cheap steak.

andimthomas
09-07-2009, 09:22 AM
where in moore is this?

i remember the 'sunny side up' location on robinson & flood in norman and the one on sw 59th & western in okc, but i don't know where this is...

-M

Near Shops at Moore.

MsDarkstar
09-07-2009, 03:01 PM
It's on 19th in the old Popeye's location.

cdowns
10-07-2009, 11:13 PM
I used to eat at the one in Shawnee over 10 years ago and when I moved to Norman I ate there a few times. It was of the best places to eat breakfast. Never noticed a difference in the quality of food between the one in Shawnee and Norman. Next time I want breakfast I am going to the one in Moore. It seems to follow me everywhere. Same thing with Van's Pig Stand.

bunchakids
10-08-2009, 04:28 PM
Question is, Is it good enough to pull customers from Jimmys Egg, Waffle House and Ihop?

I would like to try it.

shaws007
10-18-2009, 10:58 AM
Ate there yesterday morning wasn't too impressed seemed like any other breakfast spot. Food was mediocre service was lacking kept having to ask for refills after our glasses sat empty for more than 10 min. Overall not any better than the selections already near it.

Easy180
10-18-2009, 08:21 PM
I tried the spanish omelette on sat morning...It wasn't as good as Jimmy's Egg but it was pretty good...Probably stick with Jimmy's most of the time but I'm sure we will head back and try it again

The spanish sauce at Jimmy's rules :omg:

pearlbluevtx
10-19-2009, 10:19 AM
yes, I've tried it. Liked it ... I *think* I liked it better than Jimmys too...

FRISKY
10-21-2009, 01:03 PM
Had the chili omelet...wasn't impressed. It seemed expensive for what was served. Doubt I will go back.

MrBigglesworth
11-18-2009, 12:21 PM
I tried to get in at the beginning of the month, they had a line going outside. Totally packed.