View Full Version : Van Halen accused of ticket scalping.

evh5150
09-02-2009, 05:35 AM
just read an article that implicates Van Halen manager Irving Azoff was involved in a ticket scalping scheme.

heres the story:

Van Halen Accused of Ticketmaster Scalping Scheme - Spinner (http://www.spinner.com/2009/09/01/van-halen-accused-of-ticketmaster-scalping-scheme/)

fuzzytoad
09-02-2009, 06:26 AM
slow news day?

mireaux
09-02-2009, 06:59 AM
i think everyday for the past 15 or so years has been a slow news day since bands today simply arent as good as they used to be. todays music industry totally sucks.

kevinpate
09-02-2009, 07:24 AM
To me it woulda been more newsworthy to discover a production that refused to slide great seats off the regular market for their own purposes, be it profit or promotion.

Matt
09-02-2009, 09:51 AM
i think everyday for the past 15 or so years has been a slow news day since bands today simply arent as good as they used to be. todays music industry totally sucks.

It's funny how, for a lot of people, the good music just kind of stopped, all of a sudden, right after they graduated high school or college.

And it's total rubbish. There's good stuff out there today, just as there always has been. You just have to turn your brain back on and find it.

mireaux
09-02-2009, 11:20 AM
It's funny how, for a lot of people, the good music just kind of stopped, all of a sudden, right after they graduated high school or college.

And it's total rubbish. There's good stuff out there today, just as there always has been. You just have to turn your brain back on and find it.

cool. ill have to ride in your car sometime and listen to you jam out to hannah montana or rihanna while you take me to college.

nik4411
09-02-2009, 11:35 AM
haha

there is good music out there, just have to find it. the mainstream stuff, especially the pop, and the rap, is horrible. synthesized standard beats with little to no creativity and terrible, down right stupid lyrics.

mugofbeer
09-02-2009, 01:17 PM
haha

there is good music out there, just have to find it. the mainstream stuff, especially the pop, and the rap, is horrible. synthesized standard beats with little to no creativity and terrible, down right stupid lyrics.

God, thats an updated version of what my dad used to say about the Beatles!

decepticobra
09-02-2009, 02:25 PM
haha

hmm. sounds like your saying all the good stuff isnt on the airwaves and is underground.

*sigh* ....remember when "the good stuff" was mainstream and was on the airwaves?

you get what you pay for, and since people stopped buying albums and started ripping music for free & suppporting napster, the real musicians vanished.

Matt
09-03-2009, 08:29 AM
cool. ill have to ride in your car sometime and listen to you jam out to hannah montana or rihanna while you take me to college.

No deal. After listening to nothing but Candlebox for the last fifteen years, you couldn't handle it.

since people stopped buying albums and started ripping music for free & suppporting napster, the real musicians vanished.

You couldn't be more right. Does anyone else here remember the great Napster plague of 2001? Several well-known artists and bands disappeared entirely, and were never heard from again. It got most of the instructors, too, and now there's nobody left to teach the children how to play anymore.

DaveSkater
09-03-2009, 08:44 AM
VanHalen rocked in the day. Now such super guitar Gods like Avenged Sevenfold are carrying the torch.

Unfortunately the cave stays dark due to the current listeners not wanting to hear true talented guitar work, instead opting for beat box scratch rap emo garbage.....

Lord Helmet
09-04-2009, 10:38 AM

I agree. 99.9 percent of the stuff on the radio is utter crap, but there is a TON of great indie stuff. I like older stuff too. My ipod is about 50/50 new to old.

Lord Helmet
09-04-2009, 10:41 AM
you get what you pay for, and since people stopped buying albums and started ripping music for free & suppporting napster, the real musicians vanished.

Who are these "real" musicians you speak of?

They've been sparse on the radio since the 70's imho. Ever since the mid 80's most good music has been of the underground/alternative variety...at least with regards to rock music.