View Full Version : Those Aren't Fighting Words, Dear

QueCeraCera
09-01-2009, 12:53 PM
This is a good read for folks in a relationship or considering entering a relationship.
.................................................. .................................................. ..
LET’S say you have what you believe to be a healthy marriage. You’re still friends and lovers after spending more than half of your lives together. The dreams you set out to achieve in your 20s — gazing into each other’s eyes in candlelit city bistros when you were single and skinny — have for the most part come true.

Two decades later you have the 20 acres of land, the farmhouse, the children, the dogs and horses. You’re the parents you said you would be, full of love and guidance. You’ve done it all: Disneyland, camping, Hawaii, Mexico, city living, stargazing.

Sure, you have your marital issues, but on the whole you feel so self-satisfied about how things have worked out that you would never, in your wildest nightmares, think you would hear these words from your husband one fine summer day: “I don’t love you anymore. I’m not sure I ever did. I’m moving out. The kids will understand. They’ll want me to be happy.”

But wait. This isn’t the divorce story you think it is. Neither is it a begging-him-to-stay story. It’s a story about hearing your husband say “I don’t love you anymore” and deciding not to believe him. And what can happen as a result.

For the rest of the article
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/02/fashion/02love.html

Karried
09-01-2009, 05:47 PM
Wow, that was so powerful... gave me goosebumps. Thanks for sharing!

Just celebrated my 21st Anniversary last week.. I'm keeping this article.

buckt
09-01-2009, 07:04 PM
Thank you so much for sharing this story! What an inspiration....a 'must read' for every couple...