View Full Version : Rubio to stay in Spain

so1rfan
08-31-2009, 08:44 PM
Rubio to stay in Spain for two more seasons - NBA - Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-rubiobarcelona&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)

I am glad we passed

dalelakin
08-31-2009, 09:46 PM
Makes Mr. Presti look like a genius yet again huh?

metro
09-01-2009, 10:01 AM
Rubio = loser

westsidesooner
09-01-2009, 10:34 AM
I am glad we passed

Me too...I think most people could see this coming.

TaoMaas
09-01-2009, 11:09 AM
I like to think that, had the Thunder drafted him, Rubio would have LEPT at the chance to play in OKC.

BDP
09-01-2009, 12:13 PM
I'm thinking the GM's had a pretty good idea this might happen. Before the draft it seems like OKC and Sac did the most due diligence on him and they passed. Even Minnesota took another guard right after him. You never know what might have happened had OKC or Sac taken him, but either way it sounds like it would have a least been a mess clearing the way for him to come here.

TaoMaas
09-01-2009, 12:18 PM
I'm thinking the GM's had a pretty good idea this might happen. Before the draft it seems like OKC and Sac did the most due diligence on him and they passed. Even Minnesota took another guard right after him. You never know what might have happened had OKC or Sac taken him, but either way it sounds like it would have a least been a mess clearing the way for him to come here.

I agree. For the Thunder, his negatives outweighed his positives.

Laramie
09-05-2009, 09:16 AM
I think this only reinforces that Sam Presti knows what he is doing and he does have a better insight as to what players to select and which ones to pass on.

1. Tyson Chandler - failed physical

2. Rickey Rubio - passed up in draft