View Full Version : Your most Romantic act of love?

evh5150
08-31-2009, 02:25 AM
nooo....get your mind out of the gutter.

thats not what were talking bout here. (in laymans terms: disney not hustler)

but rather, what was the sweetest, kindest, most romantic thing youve ever done for your lover. Im talking about something that was sweet and sincere, but something you wouldnt be ashamed to do in front of your lover and in front of both of your grandparents at the same time.

The sweetest thing Ive done was bathe my lover's feet in warm soapy water by candlelight with soft music playing. then dried her feet, then massaged them with cocoa butter, shea butter and coconut oil. Then I did the same for her hands.

(hint to fellas: chivalry is far from dead and is a proven way to swoon the ladies over like crazy)

so, thats one thing ive done, what have you done?

bandnerd
08-31-2009, 05:28 AM
I once bought Mid a Mr. Beer.

PennyQuilts
08-31-2009, 05:39 AM
I once bought Mid a Mr. Beer.

I POURED a beer for my sweetie!

evh5150
08-31-2009, 06:07 AM
swap the beer out for some bubbly wine once in a while and youll earn more accolades from her, im sure.

Luke
08-31-2009, 06:25 AM
In Mesta Park, we lived on the second floor apartment of a beautiful old house. Out the back door was the patio, but just beyond that was the flat roof of the folks who lived below. Well, on that large open flat area I hung white Christmas lights, I moved the dining table out there and cooked a delicious steak and sweet potato dinner with romantic music. I even made formed the honey-butter into the shape of a heart! The twinkle lights, the music and being up in the trees... I was pretty proud.

:)

PennyQuilts
08-31-2009, 09:30 AM
I have a romantic streak, really, I do. But husband thinks wine tastes like stomach contents and is not shy about making those kinds of announcements in mixed company.

Not long after we got married, I set out candles and the good china, silverware, etc. It was pretty nice, with soft music, blah, blah, blah. Okay, so it was ordered in Chinese food but the atmosphere was perfect. Until husband came home and was appalled. Seems he couldn't see his food and didn't trust it. The damn fool sat with a large flashlight shining on his plate to make sure he didn't eat something he didn't like.

Okay, so I was already commited at that point. Too late to back out, I decided. I'm sure I made the right decision. Tried to get him to take a nice hot bubblebath in the soaker tub with candles once too. With wine. He said it was disgusting to stew in your own juices.

I give up!

evh5150
08-31-2009, 12:06 PM
I have a romantic streak, really, I do. But husband thinks wine tastes like stomach contents and is not shy about making those kinds of announcements in mixed company.

Not long after we got married, I set out candles and the good china, silverware, etc. It was pretty nice, with soft music, blah, blah, blah. Okay, so it was ordered in Chinese food but the atmosphere was perfect. Until husband came home and was appalled. Seems he couldn't see his food and didn't trust it. The damn fool sat with a large flashlight shining on his plate to make sure he didn't eat something he didn't like.

Okay, so I was already commited at that point. Too late to back out, I decided. I'm sure I made the right decision. Tried to get him to take a nice hot bubblebath in the soaker tub with candles once too. With wine. He said it was disgusting to stew in your own juices.

I give up!

well, theres gotta be some romance somewhere...i mean you guys ARE still married......uhmmm...............riiiiiighht???

bandnerd
08-31-2009, 12:46 PM
We don't believe in romance. It's not practical ;)

Romance, to me, is someone doing for me the things I don't want to or can't do for myself. Like the dishes. And laundry.

mmonroe
08-31-2009, 01:05 PM
rofl @ bandnerd

Don't know if the things I do for my girl friend seem romantic...

But I like to rub her feet with lotion when she gets out of the shower after a hard day at work on her feet.

PennyQuilts
08-31-2009, 01:22 PM
well, theres gotta be some romance somewhere...i mean you guys ARE still married......uhmmm...............riiiiiighht???

Oh yeah - he is old fashioned, flowers, candy, cards, cooks for me, if I want it, he makes sure I get it (I'd love a hippo - okay, okay, I'll pick one up on the way home). Problem is, he won't let me do anything for him!

I know I am a lucky woman and if he doesn't want the goo goo stuff, I can adjust.

PennyQuilts
08-31-2009, 01:23 PM
rofl @ bandnerd

But I like to rub her feet with lotion when she gets out of the shower after a hard day at work on her feet.

Definitely counts as romantic.

CrimsonOberon
08-31-2009, 05:51 PM
Once, my girlfriend had to work on a paper for school. She was going to work on it all night without sleeping, and she hadn't eaten anything since the morning. I drove out to Okarche and picked up some Eischens (her favorite) and a quick stop for a 12 pack of Dr. Pepper (also her favorite). After that, I drove back to Edmond and surprised her with the food. We had dinner, and she worked on a laptop trying to finish up her paper.

I'm not sure why that was romantic - to me that just seems practical, but she told me to write it down.lol

PennyQuilts
08-31-2009, 06:07 PM
Once, my girlfriend had to work on a paper for school. She was going to work on it all night without sleeping, and she hadn't eaten anything since the morning. I drove out to Okarche and picked up some Eischens (her favorite) and a quick stop for a 12 pack of Dr. Pepper (also her favorite). After that, I drove back to Edmond and surprised her with the food. We had dinner, and she worked on a laptop trying to finish up her paper.

I'm not sure why that was romantic - to me that just seems practical, but she told me to write it down.lol

Extremely romantic. Which is why although my own husband is not the candle and soft music type, he is the one you want with you in the trenches and for the practical among us, that is the most romantic of all.

Your girl sounds like she knows what's what.

DaveSkater
09-01-2009, 08:14 AM
rofl @ bandnerd

Satisfying your foot fetish does not count as romance...

(lol, just kidding!!!)

Fanusen
10-16-2009, 09:20 PM
This may seem pretty lame compared to things some of you have done, but being that I am one of those people who find it enormously difficult to express their feelings, the most romantic thing that I have ever done was to have a deep conversation detailing how much my significant other means to me, and how my life has been enriched because of them.

Perhaps even more disturbing is the fact that I believe that good relationships have a large measure of parasite/host qualities, and the more that you depend on the other person, and vice-versa, the stronger the relationship and the deeper the feelings. That being said, to point out the difference between what benefits you gained from your parter and what you provided to them in the beginning of the relationship as compared to the same criteria used for the current state of your relationship sort of in my mind quantifies the growth that you have experienced as a couple.

RedDirt717
10-16-2009, 10:25 PM
I've always worked pretty tirelessly to show I care. It takes me a while in a relationship to get into that mode, about the 5-6 month mark.

Probably the biggest show I put on was a few years ago before I moved to DC.

I cook, so for valentines day one year I made steaks, grilled veggies, home made apple pie and homemade rootbeer ice cream for dinner. In her bathroom I hung roses on the shower, and put chocolate kisses on the ground with a card that said: I'll shower you with roses and kiss the floor you walk on (and yes I scrubbed the hell out of that bathroom beforehand). We watched her favorite movie after dinner.

Notables:

-Wrote and recorded an acoustic song with guitar and cello, burned onto disk for birthday.

-Went to Home Depot, bought some wood and stain, built shotglass rack for birthday. So when we'd visit a city together she would buy a new shotglass for her rack.

-Scavenger hunt for Christmas in DC.

-A girl I was with in DC loved sushi so for Valentines day I bought all the supplies and taught her how to make sushi herself, where to buy the fish, how to make both the Maki and nigiri sushi. I broke up with her a week later and moved back to Oklahoma. That stung both of us pretty good.

-Spring break in Norman when girlfriend had gotten back from class, I packed some stuff up and had the car running I told her to get in. Drove out to a bed and breakfast near arbuckle for a few days.

I'm horribly picky when it comes to romantic relationships, so when I actually do find a girl I like I make sure she knows it.

PennyQuilts
10-17-2009, 04:54 AM
Perhaps even more disturbing is the fact that I believe that good relationships have a large measure of parasite/host qualities, and the more that you depend on the other person, and vice-versa, the stronger the relationship and the deeper the feelings. That being said, to point out the difference between what benefits you gained from your parter and what you provided to them in the beginning of the relationship as compared to the same criteria used for the current state of your relationship sort of in my mind quantifies the growth that you have experienced as a couple.

I am not sure what that means, actually.

To me, true love means that after years of being together and knowing the worst about a person, including that they are a know-it-all-control freak with the artistic/creative leanings of a Black and Decker steam iron (but I digress) - that you still count yourself lucky to have them in your life and would spend your last dime or last breath making sure they are safe and well cared for.

Roadhawg
10-21-2009, 09:36 AM
I put the toilet seat down

kd5ili
10-25-2009, 12:23 PM

Chivalry isn't dead!!!

decepticobra
11-06-2009, 07:29 AM

i hate to open up a can of worms, but the eternal mystery has always plagued my mind for eons.....

...how in the world do women keep falling into toilets?

i mean seat down or up...it shouldnt really make that much of a difference.

dont you have to take the time to open the bathroom door? ..take the time to undress and position yourself?

all it takes is 2 seconds to check and see if the toilet seat is up or down. who cares if its up, flip it down and stop whining about it.

...and dont be in such a rush to sit down if it aint up either,..STOP FALLING INTO TOILETS TO HAVE SOMETHING TO BLAME ON MEN.

its a feminine conspiracy, i tell you...nothing but blatant conspiracy. :numchucks

Luke
11-06-2009, 07:34 AM
Who's to say that "down" is the default position anyway?

RedDirt717
11-06-2009, 07:56 AM
You know those little tabs at the bottom of trash cans?

The ones you step on and the lip pops up? Why in the hell can't we get one of those things on our toilets?

PennyQuilts
11-06-2009, 08:29 AM
Top lid shut is the default position. Everyone adjusts when the go in, everyone adjusts when they go out. And it keeps the dogs from drinking or babies from dunking. This doesn't have to be an issue.

PennyQuilts
11-06-2009, 08:31 AM
all it takes is 2 seconds to check and see if the toilet seat is up or down.

If a woman needs two seconds to determine whether the toilet seat is up, I think the man in her life needs to give her a break because she is either drunk or mentally impaired.

dmoor82
11-07-2009, 05:50 AM
If a woman needs two seconds to determine whether the toilet seat is up, I think the man in her life needs to give her a break because she is either drunk or mentally impaired.

LOL, LMFAO- but take it from me I grew up with 4 sisters a Mom and two Aunts,and 3 nieces!!! no brothers and my Mom and Dad were divorced so yea I was the only boy in the House for 18-19 years!! putting the toilet seat back down is like an instinct now!not once have I forgot,and i still do it today! I mean have you ever rolled outa bed to go to the batroom and you were woozy and half asleep a just sat down without any thought???? I'm sure women do too!even if it would be funny as hell to have them get stuck in a toilet!!!LOL
:LolLolLol

dmoor82
11-14-2009, 07:50 PM
How did this thread turn into potty humor?LOL

kd5ili
11-20-2009, 03:11 PM

That's easy...you involved men. :LolLolLol

-Chris-

evh5150
11-21-2009, 03:27 PM

because someone began talking bout toilets. my opening post clearly indicates a fresh and decent approach. somehow this thread went from relationships to bathroom etiquette.

downbeat
02-22-2010, 06:31 PM