View Full Version : Texting While Driving - WARNING! GRAPHIC!

HVAC Instructor
08-26-2009, 06:03 PM
<object width="580" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/L9iWWZLt_RM&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/L9iWWZLt_RM&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="580" height="360"></embed></object>

venture
08-26-2009, 07:43 PM
I always found it interesting how ads in Europe are more straight to the point and provide an actual impact on the viewers. Yet here...everything is dumbed down or sissified for our population to not get offended.

Very effective ad though.

Martin
08-26-2009, 07:44 PM
better: -M

QggEvJAlV1s

Karried
08-26-2009, 08:37 PM
mmm... you are bad!!! :-)

ronronnie1
08-26-2009, 08:49 PM
Love the PSA. Love the remix mmm posted even better!

People who text while driving deserve to have their license suspended.

Thunder
08-26-2009, 09:49 PM
I watched it the other day. I wonder how they did all of that without actually hurting them. Oh yeah, special effects.

:LolLolLol

It is enough to scare people, but I did not stop yet. :omg:

mugofbeer
08-26-2009, 11:12 PM
Drive any street or highway and see people who float lanes or drive too slow and inevitably they are on their cell phone. I especially love the ones holding the cell phone in one had and gesturing with the other.

oneforone
08-27-2009, 12:50 AM
Texting, eating, grooming, lack of sleep, paying more attention to your passengers, tuning the radio and all kinds of distractions can cause a fatal accident.

People need to adopt the mentality of staying focused on the road. All it takes is one second of distraction to lead to a disaster that can alter lives let alone kill.

In my hones opinion, people need to slow down and stop doing so much in so little time. When driving, you should always allow yourself more then enough time to get there and make every effort to be safe. The life you save may be your own.

kevinpate
08-27-2009, 04:55 AM
> the ones holding the cell phone in one had and gesturing with the other.

That's why God gave them two knees. One to steer with and one to tap against the door to keep time with the music (or so I've heard.)

QueCeraCera
08-27-2009, 09:58 AM
My initial reaction was that all teens need to see this...they do but darn if adults don't need to watch it too! Whatever did we do when we didn't have instant communication?

OKCisOK4me
08-27-2009, 10:42 AM
I was driving behind some woman today that was brushing her hair while driving. All the while I was gesturing two hands on the top of the steering wheel hoping she'd see me in her rearview mirror.

Yeah, I used to text while driving all the time--on my phone where you knew the letters that were assigned to the numbers. But on my new phone (touchscreen) it's QWERTY and although I know a keyboard, I'm not texting--while driving--with both hands! And I can't hunt n' peck without looking down, so I just WAIT!! It's not even worth it...

Glad my radio controls are on my steering wheel ;-)

Thunder
08-27-2009, 12:32 PM
That's why God gave them two knees. One to steer with and one to tap against the door to keep time with the music (or so I've heard.)

I learned that during college. I was with a friend, we were going to a church event. She had her leg controlling the steering wheel while preparing her facial makeup.

Now, I use mine to control the steering wheel when I text. If mom rides with me, she hold it for me while I text.

venture
08-27-2009, 03:59 PM
:doh:

westsidesooner
08-27-2009, 04:53 PM
Now, I use mine to control the steering wheel when I text. If mom rides with me, she hold it for me while I text.

:butbutbut

If you get pulled over for a moving violation.....who gets the ticket?

Thunder
08-28-2009, 01:31 AM
:butbutbut

If you get pulled over for a moving violation.....who gets the ticket?

I don't really have an issue with that. :kicking:

metro
08-28-2009, 08:36 AM
I always found it interesting how ads in Europe are more straight to the point and provide an actual impact on the viewers. Yet here...everything is dumbed down or sissified for our population to not get offended.

Very effective ad though.

Agreed.