View Full Version : Qdoba Mexican Grill

linze
08-26-2009, 10:52 AM
Anybody know if the new Qdoba Mexican Grill off NW Expressway and Rockwell has open yet? I'm thinking it was supposed to open this week. Also quick question. Has anybody ever tried the 99 cent tacos they are supposed to have every monday? Any information is always most appreciated.

Linze!

metro
08-26-2009, 10:59 AM
I'm pretty sure the soft opening was last week. One day they had all you can eat whatever you want for free until 8:30pm.

nik4411
08-26-2009, 11:08 AM
Yea the 99 cent tacos are pretty good. i usually get all soft tacos, but you can get hard shelled ones as well.

kevinpate
08-26-2009, 12:53 PM
Kiddo 3 and buds love the one in Norman.

MsDarkstar
08-26-2009, 01:33 PM
Drove by there on my lunchbreak today, they ARE open.

MsDarkstar
09-02-2009, 02:50 PM
I tried Qdoba (NW Expy location) for lunch today...I think I'll like it better the next time I go, now that I've had a trial run & figured out what I DON'T like.

I had the Ancho Chile BBQ burrito with the pulled pork. The BBQ sauce was great (had a sweet tangy flavor at first, then the heat of it snuck up on me) and the pulled pork was very tender. At the suggestion of the person taking my order, I got it with black beans and roasted chile corn. The black beans were not to my liking at all; dry, flavorless & undercooked. I wasn't a fan of the cilantro lime rice either. All I could taste was cilantro and since I'm not a huge fan of cilantro, to me it was overpowering. Next time I think I'll order the same thing, sans rice & beans, and it should be perfect.

The chips are pretty good, wasn't expecting the lime flavor. I'm on the fence about the salsa though. They gave me salsa roja & a side of the roasted chile corn. The salsa roja pretty much just tasted like hot pepper. Didn't have enough other flavors to make it memorable for me. I ended up mixing the corn into it though and that was pretty tasty.

I'll definitely be going back but I don't think this will ever be one of my favorite places to eat.

old okie
09-02-2009, 09:28 PM
Kiddo 3 and buds love the one in Norman.

We eat at the one in Norman often. The atmosphere isn't quite as "tinny" as that of Chipotle's, and the food/service is good in Norman. It is much less of a drive than any other Qdoba would be.

SoonerDave
09-03-2009, 10:14 AM
Hey, the manager of the Qdoba's on Memorial Road told us just a few weeks ago that they were opening a location around SW 89th and Western....but I haven't seen/heard anything since. Anyone have any info?

Martin
09-03-2009, 10:18 AM
^
haven't heard anything... but would like to see that happen. did the starbucks near 89th & western ever close? if so, i think that'd be a candidate. -M

nik4411
09-03-2009, 10:51 AM
I would definitely recommend the queso burrito. Its very tasty.

old okie
09-03-2009, 01:15 PM
Hey, the manager of the Qdoba's on Memorial Road told us just a few weeks ago that they were opening a location around SW 89th and Western....but I haven't seen/heard anything since. Anyone have any info?

This would be FANTASTIC!!! Wonder if could be in the Starbucks since it is now closed--but it might be a bit small. There are several other locations in that general area that might work. Hope the manager was right!