View Full Version : Very interesting, which family was it?

circuitboard
08-25-2009, 11:33 AM
Museum Tower
Dallas, TX

The first 20 units, worth $40 million, went on sale a month ago, he says. So far, 12 buyers have put down 15 percent nonrefundable payments, and the rest are expected to close by the end of the month.

An oil-and-gas family from Oklahoma paid $4 million for one of two junior penthouses.

Museum Tower will be a gem | News for Dallas, Texas | Dallas Morning News | Cheryl Hall | Business Columnist | Dallas Morning News (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/bus/columnists/chall/stories/DN-Hall_13bus.ART0.State.Edition1.2aede42.html)

Pete
08-25-2009, 11:50 AM
http://www.dallascondoloft.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/museum.jpg

soonerguru
08-25-2009, 02:19 PM
That is an awesome building.

betts
08-25-2009, 02:27 PM
The smallest apartments will sell for a little under $800 a square foot, according to the article. Not a lot of parking, either, that I can see.

circuitboard
08-25-2009, 02:47 PM
The smallest apartments will sell for a little under $800 a square foot, according to the article. Not a lot of parking, either, that I can see.

It has a huge multilevel parking garage. Private garden, pool, art gallery, private library, and concierge service that includes a Niemen Marcus personal shopper. Considering the impeccable views of downtown and hip uptown art district location, the pricing on the condominiums is probably about right.

OKCTalker
08-25-2009, 04:10 PM
At $800/sf, wouldn't the developer assume that your driver was already circling the block?

Floyd
08-25-2009, 04:12 PM
FYI - Check the date on that article one more time.

circuitboard
08-25-2009, 04:16 PM
I am aware of the date on the article, I posted this on here, because of the fact that an Oklahoma Oil and Gas family spent 4 million on a penthouse in this building. Found that interesting and was looking for feedback.

betts
08-25-2009, 05:18 PM
I am aware of the date on the article, I posted this on here, because of the fact that an Oklahoma Oil and Gas family spent 4 million on a penthouse in this building. Found that interesting and was looking for feedback.

However, were we to have something like that here, we'd have the one oil and gas family in the penthouse and the rest of the building empty.

ronronnie1
08-25-2009, 07:25 PM

There are rich families in every state. It could be anyone. My question, rather, is didn't this Museum Tower get axed when the economy took a nose dive? OH, I just noticed the date on the article.

Musuem Tower = pipe dream.

progressiveboy
08-25-2009, 08:36 PM
There are rich families in every state. It could be anyone. My question, rather, is didn't this Museum Tower get axed when the economy took a nose dive? OH, I just noticed the date on the article.

Musuem Tower = pipe dream. From my understanding, it has been put on hold but not axed. When the economy starts a turnaround my understanding is they will proceed with the tower. This makes sense because the pent up demand for high end condos are strong in Dallas due to the considerable amount of super wealthy in the city.

ronronnie1
08-25-2009, 10:15 PM
^^^Museum Tower has been planned, put on hold, restarted, put back on hold, etc. for over a decade now. I have no doubt that demand for lux high rise condos is high in Dallas. I just highly doubt that Museum Tower will ever be anything more then an idea.

circuitboard
08-26-2009, 04:02 PM
^^^Museum Tower has been planned, put on hold, restarted, put back on hold, etc. for over a decade now. I have no doubt that demand for lux high rise condos is high in Dallas. I just highly doubt that Museum Tower will ever be anything more then an idea.

Azure tower just completed construction and is very similar to Musuem tower. I would say it is far from pipe dream just the economy slowed down. They have presold 50 milllion dollars worth of units. Time will tell....

BDP
08-27-2009, 10:45 AM
were we to have something like that here...

It would be suburban condos at $250/sq foot, with attached individual garages, and people would complain about the price and parking... and it wouldn't get finished either.