View Full Version : Spay / Neuter - Low Cost - Spot Clinic

Karried
08-25-2009, 09:05 AM
Stole this from Craig's List:

We don't need anymore unwanted pet babies!

Volunteers For Animal Welfare’s SPOT Clinic was the first high-quality, low-cost spay/neuter clinic for low-income families in Oklahoma City. The SPOT Clinic will service any family that makes under $35,000 per year total household income, or any rescue group in the state of Oklahoma. The SPOT Clinic will also spay/neuter feral cats at the same reduced rate. Over 1,000 feral cats were spayed/neutered at the SPOT Clinic in 2007.

The SPOT Clinic opened its doors in 2006 part-time and opened full-time in January 2007, we have spayed or neutered over 15,000 cats and dogs. The SPOT Clinic’s goal is to stop the pet overpopulation problem seen in Oklahoma today. Sugeries can be performed on pregnant pets and pets in heat...PLEASE don't wait till then. Surgeries can be performed on pets 6-8 weeks and older. Please call for details.

The cost of surgery is $25 for cats and $35 for dogs, $50 for dogs over 80 lbs $65 for dogs over 100 lbs

Vaccinations: $5 rabies vaccinations and $5 yearly vaccinations.
The SPOT clinic also offers deworming, frontline, and heartworm tests at the time of surgery for a reduced price.

If you or anyone you know can benefit from this program, please call 405-606-8476. Please do not respond to this post.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

If you are interested in helping at the S.P.O.T. Clinic, please email vaw100@coxinet.net. It takes many volunteers to make this happen every month! If you don’t have the time to volunteer and still want to be a part of this rewarding effort, please make a donation today. You may send your donation to VAW, P.O. Box 20061, Oklahoma City, OK 73156. Please make your check payable to Volunteers for Animal Welfare or VAW or log onto Welcome! (http://www.vawokc.org)

We always have lots of needs, so if you see something on this list you would like to provide, we'd think you're TOP Dog and Cat's Meow! Remember, all donations are tax deductible according to IRS regulations. Thanks for thinking about us!! Our Wish list is as follows:

Paper Towels, Laundry Soap, Bleach, Clorox Wipes, Distilled Water, Large and Small Trash Bags, Liquid Hand Soap, Copy Paper, Used or New Towels and Blankets, Postage Stamps, Dog Collars (all sizes), Money Donations (to cover our SPOT Clinic Rent, Utility Bills, Surgery Medications/Supplies) and Sponsors for Our Special Events.

kmf563
08-25-2009, 09:54 AM
I don't know where this clinic is, but my vet offers the same pricing for anyone interested. It doesn't matter what your income is. Except the pricing is opposite, it's $25 for dogs and $35 for cats on being spayed/neutered. The vet and the entire staff is amazing. I drive all the way from Edmond. Have for over 10 years.

Southside Dog, Cat, and Bird Clinic
7020 S Shields Blvd
Oklahoma City, OK 73149-1509
(405) 636-1484‎

flippity
11-16-2009, 12:06 PM
do you know if they'll give me a discount for barn cats? I have a few that need to be fixed. We have too many kittens!

tburn
11-16-2009, 12:48 PM
I would like to donate some items on the list ... does anyone know the street address to drop stuff off?

I would call them about the barn cats - they might consider them feral and accept them. no reason to have so many, they just keep multiplying!

Redskin 70
11-17-2009, 09:06 AM
Well,
I can tell ya that I convinced my two kids to take there three non fixed to this location. Great service, great price, friendly people.
Ours was even cheaper as we are in Del City and they support a $17. program.

Yes if you can support this organization, do so. Cash donations to supplies.
Thats on my list of this for this month to do/

Karried
11-17-2009, 09:10 AM
SPOT Clinic (call first)
2017 S Santa Fe Ave
Oklahoma City, OK 73109
(405) 606-8476

flippity
11-17-2009, 11:24 AM
I would like to donate some items on the list ... does anyone know the street address to drop stuff off?

I would call them about the barn cats - they might consider them feral and accept them. no reason to have so many, they just keep multiplying!

well...I'm not sure I can really call them feral since I felt sorry for the starving pregnant kitty and she started having kittens on my balcony and I take care of them. My balcony was the safest place, there are a few dogs that live on the property as well. I'm trying to find homes for the kittens, they're almost 6 weeks old and cuuuuuttteeeeee. I've been holding them every day and petting them and feeding them so they'll be tame enough to be good indoor pets.

flippity
12-03-2009, 08:06 AM
I guess I don't have to worry about this anymore...momma kitty was run over day before yesterday :(

now I just need to find homes for the 3 kittens that were orphaned. They are 8 weeks old and weaned, litter trained...if anyone wants one???