View Full Version : High School Football

ewoodard
08-21-2009, 10:36 AM
Who do you guys think will win state in any class you follow?

westsidesooner
08-21-2009, 11:37 AM
I'll go waaaay out on a limb and predict either Union or Jenks in 6A. And Morrison to make it to the title game in class B. lol

I'll pull for Bethany in 3A and Sulphur in 2A

Anyone know where VYPE magazine is available? I use to pick it up at Homeland all the time and havent seen an issue in awhile.

Luke
08-21-2009, 11:38 AM
...Sulphur in 2A...

My alma mater!

Go Dawgs!

BB37
08-22-2009, 09:30 PM
I'll go waaaay out on a limb and predict either Union or Jenks in 6A. And Morrison to make it to the title game in class B. lol

I'll pull for Bethany in 3A and Sulphur in 2A

Anyone know where VYPE magazine is available? I use to pick it up at Homeland all the time and havent seen an issue in awhile.

Just this evening I saw it on a stand at the Wendy's on NW Highway just east of Council (near WalMart).

Shake2005
08-22-2009, 11:06 PM
there are kids entering high school this year that weren't born the last time a school other than Jenks or Union won the 6A title

Midtowner
08-23-2009, 12:10 AM
Bishop McGuinness in 4A.

PennyQuilts
08-23-2009, 05:40 AM
Bishop McGuinness in 4A.

May it be so.

bombermwc
08-24-2009, 08:24 AM
Well not quite that long Shake...but close. Remember MWC did it in 96. So they're still in Middle School....LOL.

OnlyinOK
08-26-2009, 12:50 PM
A lot of local media companies are devoting time/energy/resources to cover HS football...KWTV, NewsOK, KOCO, and I'm sure others.

The best, in my opinion, is: http://newsok.com/varsity

and

Tulsa World: Sports Extra - High School (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/highschool/)

I'm not originally from the OKC area, so I don't have a good idea of who might 'win it all'...but good luck to your teams!

blangtang
08-27-2009, 12:47 AM
the winner of jenks v. union will go on :poke:to the cotton bowl and beat whatever weak ass opponent shows up!

Wambo36
12-08-2009, 01:33 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb and say Star Spencer in 4A and Carl Albert in 5A.
Actually congrats to both teams for representing the west side of the state well. Not bad for two schools whose districts border each other.

bombermwc
12-16-2009, 07:23 AM
Anyone else just completely lose interest in tha 6A title game besides me? With it always being Union/Jenks...it just seems to not even matter anymore. It pisses me off that they always end up in opposite brackets too. These two teams need to end up in the same side again like they used to.

I'm all for the best team winning, and it seems that it has been one of the two for a long time. But someone finally busting Jenks for their "doings" shows how they also weren't playing fair. And I gurantee Union has plenty of the same. It's not always as blatant as what they got hit for, but there is plenty more out there that's underhanded.

The fact that the Jenks coach is still employed and between he and his wife, they managed to get the full salary out of the school/boosters...that's just wrong.

Wambo36
12-16-2009, 08:41 PM
The 6A championship has lost all it's luster and will continue to until they come up with something to address the super-sized schools being amassed in the east. Maybe a class 7A for the top several. Until the OSSAA does something about the private school, charter school problem they will have a hard time getting any respect from me.
Bomber I don't know when you went to MWC but Tulsa Washington was their chief rival in the state championships during the eighties. They have been in the top class of athletics for as long as I can remember. They have since been made into a charter school that any student in the TPS system, who can academically qualify, can apply for enrollment. They have chosen to exclude enough students so they can drop to 5A because they got tired of going up against the behemoths around them. They are 10 students shy of going back to 6A but are keeping their numbers down in spite of having a waiting list of 300 students qualified to get in. That IMO makes them the poster child of the private school-charter school problem. If you can control your enrollment and only allow in athletes, that's a problem.