View Full Version : Did Anyone Feel the Earthquake?

woodyrr
08-15-2009, 07:05 AM
Yesterday August 14, at about 3:08 PM, I felt what I believed to be an earthquake. It was very brief and caused no damage.

I went to the USGS website and looked on the map of recent activity and after 20 minutes without a report showing up, I moved on and forgot about it. This morning, I saw an article in "The Oklahoman" that confirmed that there had been a magnitude 2.3 earthquake at that time.

I put the GPS coordinates into Google Earth and it returned that the estimated epicenter (3.1 mi. depth, +- 6.4 mi. horizontal) was below the parking lot at Heritage Park Mall near the intersection of Meadow Ln. and Glenoaks Dr. Between 3:30 and 4:30, I was doing some shopping and nobody that I interacted with mentioned it.

Magnitude 2.3 - OKLAHOMA CITY URBAN AREA, OKLAHOMA (http://earthquake.usgs.gov/eqcenter/recenteqsus/Quakes/us2009khb7.php)

Edit: Actually I didn't need to enter the coordinates myself, the USGS provided a .kml file for Google Earth that puts a red star on the epicenter by itself