View Full Version : mini golf (putt putt)

kmf563
08-14-2009, 01:25 PM
Does anyone know of any mini-golf courses around OKC besides Celebration Station and the one inside Incredible Pizza? I don't want all the extra temptations this time.

warreng88
08-14-2009, 01:30 PM
Does anyone know of any mini-golf courses around OKC besides Celebration Station and the one inside Incredible Pizza? I don't want all the extra temptations this time.

I have always gone to Putt-A-Round in Edmond. It is located on the west side of 6th and Bryant. Nice building, nice courses, well kept.

kmf563
08-14-2009, 01:34 PM
awesome! thanks.

Jesseda
08-14-2009, 01:35 PM
in moore on the far south side i guess its normans north side on indian hills road and service road right off i-35 thre is two putt putt places, heyday and andy alligator

kmf563
08-14-2009, 01:41 PM
Well, I called the place in Edmond to get information and the guy was NOT friendly at all. So, we'll try it anyway at your recommendation warreng88. I hope they give a better impression in person. Why does it bother people to give out pricing and hour information? I know it's monotonous, but hello...if I'm asking I'm obviously going to come give you money! Set up an automatic recording if you don't want to talk to people. Geesh.

Jesseda - I want to try those out someday when we have more time. I hear they are a lot of fun.

Jesseda
08-14-2009, 01:46 PM
its fun, my kids enjoy it, make a day out of it, go to both heyday and andy alligator, then take in a movie at warren.. i like the andy alligator a little better, everyone has there own but heyday is for older kids, but andy alligator has a lot more things then just putt putt and arcade

Charlie40
08-14-2009, 02:13 PM
Well, I called the place in Edmond to get information and the guy was NOT friendly at all. So, we'll try it anyway at your recommendation warreng88. I hope they give a better impression in person. Why does it bother people to give out pricing and hour information? I know it's monotonous, but hello...if I'm asking I'm obviously going to come give you money! Set up an automatic recording if you don't want to talk to people. Geesh.

Jesseda - I want to try those out someday when we have more time. I hear they are a lot of fun.

What were the prices they quoted you? I would call but after your experience i will just ask here rather than call and have them be rude to me LOL

mmonroe
08-14-2009, 02:34 PM
Why does it bother people to give out pricing and hour information? I know it's monotonous, but hello...if I'm asking I'm obviously going to come give you money! Set up an automatic recording if you don't want to talk to people. Geesh.

I use to work at a place where people called for information all the time. It does get bothersome when the owner of the store limits the amount of people working, then has you as the only employee who is working both a counter and answering phones. It can get busy and those are the times you get irritated. Especially when you have a phone system that is set up to give hours/cost/location and people still listen through all of those options to talk to you and ask what could have been answered by simply listening to the phone tree. Not to mention people who call before researching online.

You may be calling and asking meaning that you will be coming in and spending money, but thats not an incentive to an employee. They get payed the same weather you come in the door or not.

jbrown84
08-14-2009, 03:30 PM
Putt-a-Round is fun because it has water traps and little nets you use to get the ball out of the water.

acpaxton1
08-14-2009, 03:39 PM
Putt-a-Round in Edmond is great. I think it's $7 and you can play as much as you like. I'm not sure about the hours though.

Watson410
08-14-2009, 03:42 PM
I went to Putt-A-Round a few years ago and had a blast!! Come to think of it... I had a little liquid courage in a Sonic cup! :LolLolLol With or without the liquid courage it's still a good time. I recommend it!!

Jon27
08-15-2009, 08:02 AM
Putt-a-Round in Edmond is great. I think it's $7 and you can play as much as you like. I'm not sure about the hours though.

I thought this place closed down? If it's not, I'd love to know!

Mballard85
08-15-2009, 10:12 AM
I thought this place closed down? If it's not, I'd love to know!

I believe it went through a change of ownership.

Joe Kimball
08-15-2009, 11:19 AM
As of June, it was still open, replete with MUCH needed new turf and rubber teeing mats. While it remained fun and a good value before, the bald spots in the teeing area and general worn nature of the turf were a distraction at best--it probably stimped at 16 or 17, for you golfers out there. Teeing off of the actual turf is nice, but wear and tear from the casual miniature golfer (by whom the pastime is dominated :) ) makes it impractical for long wear. The remodeling was a good move.

As I understand, the course was designed by a company that makes courses with the serious miniature golfer in mind, hence the lack of windmills, silly obstacles, etc.

Also, if nothing else has changed, that may well have been the owner on the phone. I've never seen a desk employee as such, there.

dismayed
08-15-2009, 02:42 PM
HeyDay Entertainment Center (http://www.heydayfamilyfun.com/)

ouguy23
08-15-2009, 07:47 PM
Andy Alligators (http://www.andyalligators.com)

This place is really fun

kmf563
08-17-2009, 07:59 AM
Charlie40 - He told me it was "around 8 bucks per game".
We changed our mind and went to the park instead. We played disc golf and fed ducks.

I wish they had a website, I looked for info online before calling. They have zero information online and don't have a voice recording information system on the phone. So they should rotate employees to answer calls because I imagine they get a lot.

Charlie40
08-17-2009, 09:49 AM
Charlie40 - He told me it was "around 8 bucks per game".
We changed our mind and went to the park instead. We played disc golf and fed ducks.

I wish they had a website, I looked for info online before calling. They have zero information online and don't have a voice recording information system on the phone. So they should rotate employees to answer calls because I imagine they get a lot.

Thanks for the info KMF.. I agree on the website also, but maybe they are old fashioned and do things the old way.

Patrick
08-18-2009, 12:25 PM
Putt-A-Round is probably the best place I've been to for mini golf in the metro.