View Full Version : Look out Sally Kern...

Easy180
08-11-2009, 07:42 PM
You have some competition up the road

http://www.newsok.com/anna-falling-says-putting-christian-creationism-display-in-the-tulsa-zoo-is-top-priority/article/3392098?custom_click=headlines_widget

Republican mayoral candidate Anna Falling said Tuesday that putting a Christian creationism display in the Tulsa Zoo is No. 1 in importance among city issues that include violent crime, budget woes and bumpy streets.

“It’s first,” she said to calls of “hallelujah” at a rally outside the zoo. “If we can’t come to the foundation of faith in this community, those other answers will never come. We need to first of all recognize the fact that God needs to be honored in this city.”

Falling, who has founded several Christian nonprofits and is a former city councilor, also said the next mayor needs to appoint people to city boards, authorities and commissions who will “honor God.”

“We will also look for people who want to characterize the origins of both man and animals in a way that honors Judeo-Christian science that proves God as the creator,” she said.

HVAC Instructor
08-11-2009, 07:48 PM
Allah Akbar!

PennyQuilts
08-11-2009, 07:53 PM
I don't worry too much about an elected official having those beliefs. There is a remedy for out of control policiticans. It is the ones appointed and over whom we have no say that worry me.

Midtowner
08-12-2009, 01:04 PM
Is the Zoo at Tulsa publicly funded?

If so, and in the event this lady is successful, she's just setting the city up for a losing lawsuit.

-- not very bright.

kevinpate
08-12-2009, 06:16 PM
perhaps the candidate has a patron whose firm does defense work? Not a clue, but I do so enjoy hearing about a good conspiracy theory every now and again.

Bunty
08-12-2009, 07:24 PM
Doesn't Oral Roberts University do Tulsa real proud in honoring God with its giant praying hands? Encourage religious institutions to do something to honor God. Don't try to get the government involved.

Lord Helmet
08-13-2009, 09:43 AM
If she gets elected I'll set myself on fire.

Caboose
08-13-2009, 03:13 PM
What a bizarre platform to run on when there are so many legitimate things that need to be addressed.

kevinpate
08-13-2009, 04:11 PM
Reminds me of a Family Guy episode.

9 ..... <crowd on edge of seat> ..... 11
Wide applause, standing ovations, lock step agreement to anything the politco hoped

So life imitates art, yet again

USG '60
08-13-2009, 06:14 PM
What a bizarre platform to run on when there are so many legitimate things that need to be addressed.

The sad thing is that they would have to be able to carry on an intelligent conversation on the issue and I expect those who rely on religeous issues for attention don't know squat about the real ones. IMHO anyway,

rondvu
08-15-2009, 06:57 AM
Wondering if I should get a donkey pinata for my birthday and put a sign on it that reads Sally K. I bet it would bet busted open on the very first swing. This woman needs to focus on real issues that affect Oklahoma.

bluedogok
08-15-2009, 08:49 AM
This woman needs to focus on real issues that affect Oklahoma.
The sad thing is in her mind she is.

kevinpate
08-15-2009, 09:00 AM
in her mind, and most probably in the minds of those who elected her, more than once.

Like her or dislike her, she's got some staying power until someone in that specific district rises up with a message that resonates better for the voting populace.

bluedogok
08-15-2009, 09:04 AM
...or those that live in the district that didn't vote actually go to the polls and cast a vote against her. My family lives in that district and can't understand how she continues to get elected except when they go to the polls and she who is actually showing up to vote. There are plenty of people in that district to vote her out with even a mediocre candidate, they just don't show up and vote.