View Full Version : Enterprise Square USA

evh5150
08-11-2009, 10:46 AM
whatever happened to this place? It was so awesome and such a delight to visit in the 1980s.

Id love to see it brought back to life.

Theres nothing that compares to animatronic singing dollar bills.

Martin
08-11-2009, 10:48 AM
i believe that oc has converted it to offices and storage. i loved going to that place as a kid. -M

metro
08-11-2009, 10:59 AM
I've been wondering the same thing. I thought it was still there? I drove by it a few weeks ago and they still have the "Enterprise Square" sign up.

After a quick Google search it appears it did close in 2002. They should remove the signs out front.

http://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/2189

Easy180
08-11-2009, 07:37 PM
All I remember was the weird video games and playing the lawnmowing one

papaOU
08-11-2009, 11:25 PM
whatever happened to this place? It was so awesome and such a delight to visit in the 1980s.

Id love to see it brought back to life.

Theres nothing that compares to animatronic singing dollar bills.

I never had the desire to go there.

If the avatar really is a photo of you.......

I'll get it opened back up.....:tiphat:

OKCisOK4me
08-12-2009, 10:11 AM

How about the booth where you got in and you could choose a profession. I always loved where you where a crane operator with the big ball and chain and you kill a wall on the building and it showed you in the cab of the crane. I just thought that was so neat when I was a kid.

And then that weird room with all the bright light bulbs and the desks you'd sit at. The room was yellow and certain desks were certain colors. All I remember about it was it was some kind of economics game room or something.

evh5150
08-12-2009, 10:18 AM

there was those video games, then the occupational video games as well, which instead of typical 8-bit video game graphics used live action video footage with actors portraying various professions.

the actors were typecast into stereotypical real life occupational roles and would provide a pre-recorded message at the end of your endeavors to critique your efforts.

i still vividly remember being chewed out by that burly truck driver for not making the long haul in due time.

evh5150
08-12-2009, 10:26 AM
I never had the desire to go there.

If the avatar really is a photo of you.......

I'll get it opened back up.....:tiphat:

huh? what do you have against my avatar?

papaOU
08-12-2009, 01:01 PM
huh? what do you have against my avatar?

HUH????? :doh:

Are you a Grant grad.?

evh5150
08-12-2009, 05:42 PM
HUH????? :doh:

Are you a Grant grad.?

oh my bad,..or your bad? you quoted me in apparent error so thats what lead to my confusion.

CCOKC
08-19-2009, 10:42 PM
I was looking through my high school yearbook last night and there were several pictures from when our economics class went on a field trip to Enterprise Square. I was in a picture and apparently, according to the caption, I was buying donuts for some reason. Don't really remember that but it was 25 years ago. Anyway, it must have left some kind of impression because of that class I decided to study accounting at OSU.

papaOU
08-19-2009, 10:45 PM
I was looking through my high school yearbook last night and there were several pictures from when our economics class went on a field trip to Enterprise Square. I was in a picture and apparently, according to the caption, I was buying donuts for some reason. Don't really remember that but it was 25 years ago. Anyway, it must have left some kind of impression because of that class I decided to study accounting at OSU.

But pig-farmers do not make enough money to need an accountant.

CCOKC
08-19-2009, 10:51 PM
You would be surprised. We have a lot of farmers and "farmers" for clients. Schedule F's can be tricky to fill out.

kevinpate
08-19-2009, 10:54 PM
besides, who knows how much they make if they take the herd to town on cowboy game weekends. 8^)

Generals64
08-20-2009, 05:15 PM
besides, who knows how much they make if they take the herd to town on cowboy game weekends. 8^)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"OUCH":....especially if there are a bunch of Sooners there....

decepticobra
08-20-2009, 05:38 PM

there was a room that feature some sort of a donut shop factory. the room was mostly pink, and there was huge pink donuts with chocolate frosting on them that hung from the walls.

there was these robots inside the donut factory room (they looked a lot like the one from lost in space "danger, will robinson") and the robots would tell some sort of story of how if you ran a donut shop how you would need to price things to make a profit. something about supply and demand, etc. that sort of thing.

i remember the very first room you walked into at enterprise square. it was a room you stood inside of, and you looked at a shockingly huge television screen. it extended way above your head, and far below your feet. it was in the distance. there was a huge glass pane that seperated you from it as well as a railing.

it showed some sort of economy lesson video. supply vs. demand, etc.

matter of fact, heres a pic of that donut factory:

http://hcap.artstor.org/collect/cic-hcap/index/assoc/p1277.dir/Enterprise%20Square%20USA%20(interior),%20Oklahoma %20Christian%20University-small.jpg

i found a pic of these puppets too..and all i can recall is that they were talking about some sort of nike-ripoff sneakers. lol

http://www.oc.edu/academy/heartofamerica/images/es2B.jpg

papaOU
08-20-2009, 05:42 PM
[QUOTE=decepticobra;248526]i remember the very first room you walked into at enterprise square. it was a room you stood inside of, and you looked at a shockingly huge television screen. it extended way above your head, and far below your feet. it was in the distance. there was a huge glass pane that seperated you from it as well as a railing.

it showed some sort of economy lesson video. supply vs. demand, etc.

Must have been some sort of sleep-aid

Steve
08-20-2009, 07:53 PM
As soon as www.okchistory.com comes back online, I've got an article on this waiting to be posted.