View Full Version : RESOUND project coming to Downtown OKC - Fall 2009

metro
08-11-2009, 07:31 AM
Resound - Oklahoma City - Fall 2009 (http://www.resoundokc.com/)

BDP
08-11-2009, 08:22 AM
Interesting.

Do you have any Metro information that you're not sharing with us at this time? I'm just curious if this group will be actually promoting these shows (i.e. booking the bands, renting the facilities, selling the tickets, etc.) or will it just be a branding effort in cooperation with already established venues and promoters?

warreng88
08-11-2009, 08:51 AM
I wonder if this has anything to do with the School of Rock. Maybe a midterm assignment?

Steve
08-11-2009, 09:02 AM
BDP, Metro is a member of Urban Neighbors and they posted this item first. He posted everything they had on their site.

metro
08-11-2009, 09:11 AM
BDP, Metro is a member of Urban Neighbors and they posted this item first. He posted everything they had on their site.

Yes I am a board member of Urban Neighbors, but I rarely get any leads from UN. I usually am involved or hear info leaks other places. And what else might I have posted from the UN newsletter? Nothing. Aren't you accusing me of what you and other journalists do all the time? Getting leads from other sources? I'm sure you'll be doing an article or blog about it eventually though.

Steve
08-11-2009, 09:12 AM
Not attacking. Just pointing out that was all that in the newsletter. I meant "everything" as in that's all the info they had on this.

LordGerald
08-11-2009, 10:37 AM
Interesting.

Do you have any Metro information that you're not sharing with us at this time? I'm just curious if this group will be actually promoting these shows (i.e. booking the bands, renting the facilities, selling the tickets, etc.) or will it just be a branding effort in cooperation with already established venues and promoters?

Prophecies of Metronamus:

Boy by name of Met-Row,
Will click and paste on a future machine,
That will fuel his penchant for vagaries,
And stimulate self-inflated boasts of his magnitude.

metro
08-11-2009, 10:57 AM
Prophecies of Hypocrates

German windbag deciphers moniker
Pierces with tongue of spear
Bestow's futile wit
Elboldens inclination aspiring scorn
Unearths whited sepulcher

PLANSIT
08-11-2009, 12:25 PM

Boy by name of Met-Row,

Haha, so true.

Steve
08-11-2009, 03:26 PM
Ok guys, I didn't mean to start this up again. Metro, please accept my apologies for posting a badly written comment in this thread.
- Steve

Spartan
08-11-2009, 04:29 PM

Boy by name of Met-Row,

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d175/erotictophat/borat_nice.jpg?t=1250029755

Martin
08-12-2009, 07:49 AM
alright people, let's cut it out with the personal attacks... back to topic.

-M

pwilkes
08-29-2009, 04:18 PM
New Resound website has launched. It has quite a bit more information about the event than the splash page did.

www.resoundokc.com (http://www.resoundokc.com)

The project is being led by one of the producers of the Canvas Show and one of the producers of the Helium Project.

kevinpate
08-30-2009, 12:04 PM
Thanks for the update on the site. I missed this thread on the earlier go around.

tribalbot
10-06-2009, 10:48 PM
I saw some questions here that have yet to be answered, so thought I'd try to help. I'll start with our Mission:

RESOUND is a Downtown OKC Music Project that transforms unconventional spaces into a unique one time concert experience w/ an emphasis on infusing culture / strengthening the social community and embracing urban renewal.

BDP:
Since you first posted your question quite a bit of promotion has been done, just check the updated site or, google "resound okc" which should answer most of your questions. It IS NOT a "branding effort in cooperation with already established venues and promoters" we are the Roscoe Collective and we trying to create something new to this city.

warreng88:
Nope we are not a part of the "School of Rock", but know people who are and totally support what they're doing.

kevinpate:
Hope to see you there.

A couple additional notes in the last week ticket sales accelerated rapidly and at this rate we'll be sold out by the night of the event. We only have about 100 left.

We will have a cash bar hosted by one of our new neighbors Sage Cafe.

Hope this clarifies a bit about this endeavor.

metro
10-15-2009, 08:46 AM
Just a reminder, the 1st ever RESOUND OKC event is tonight, there are a few tickets left.

soonerguru
10-15-2009, 02:08 PM
HELP!!!!!

I'm trying to buy a ticket on the website and it's not working. Can someone private message me with a phone number so I can get my ticket? Please!

metro
10-15-2009, 02:57 PM
I think it's sold out, not 100% sure though. You may try purchasing a ticket at the door, they are the same price as online.

metro
10-16-2009, 08:58 AM
Event was AWESOME. Hottest event ticket in OKC (considering this is totally underground, cutting edge, and limited quantity compared to say the NBA). I did see former Mayor Humphreys and Rand Elliott there, but for the most part, it was a pretty underground, indie scene, they were definitely the odd guys out. The mix of an orchestra with a modern band with melodic beats was a trip. Glad to be a part of the first event. The area is definitely a little sketchy, it's a block north of the county jail on Shartel and Dean A. McGee in an old warehouse type building. This will definitely fill a niche in OKC's burgeoning arts scene and is just blocks from the Arts District. I'll try and post some pics later today(from my phone), they wouldn't allow flashes understandibly so.

kevinpate
10-16-2009, 10:01 AM
sorry to have missed out. when fams are in for a visit, home is where you be

metro
10-16-2009, 12:38 PM
Here are some pics, they really don't do the space or the event justice.

http://www.okctalk.com/gallery/data/500/medium/Resound_003.jpg

http://www.okctalk.com/gallery/data/500/medium/Resound_001.jpg

http://www.okctalk.com/gallery/data/500/medium/Resound_002.jpg

tribalbot
10-17-2009, 02:42 PM
Thanks for coming out metro, and not using a flash ; )
It was a beautiful experience!

Cheers

EBAH
10-17-2009, 05:32 PM
I went and had a great time, both orchestra and the Non sounded great and the staging was very nice. I'd like to know if there will be more Resound events and if so, what is being planned for next time?