View Full Version : Props to new carry-out pizza in OKC area...

SoonerDave
08-10-2009, 12:15 PM
Just thought I'd offer a shout-out to Cheezie's pizza, a new little carry-out spot that opened recently on the east side of Penn at roughly SW 91st. Large one-topping pizza for $4.99, made to order, not in advance, and darned tasty.

We picked up one pepperoni and one sausage, and each got a thumbs up from my crew, with considerably more generous portions of each than the last $5.99 quickie I picked up from Little Ceasar's.

From what the clerk told me, Cheezie's is a very small chain based in Tulsa, with two OKC-area locations - the SW OKC one I visited, and one in the Edmond area. I know most folks here turn up their nose at chains, but this appears to be an Oklahoma-based chain, and they look to be offering a nice product at a very decent price. I'll be back.

-SoonerDave

Martin
08-10-2009, 12:49 PM
went there a couple weeks ago... for the price-point, they do beat little caesar's hands down. also, the people were really friendly which is always a plus. it's nice to walk into a place and actually feel that your business is appreciated. however, i wasn't too impressed with the taste. to me, the crust had pretty much no flavor besides the (i think) garlic butter they put on it. it's not that the place is 'bad'... i just think there are better places in the area.

for roughly the same price point, i like porky's pizza on 89th & may... just curious, have you tried that place out?

-M

metro
08-10-2009, 12:49 PM
Sounds like All American Pizza on the northside.

kmf563
08-10-2009, 03:42 PM
Anyone know where the one in Edmond is? I'd like to try it.

Martin
08-10-2009, 04:54 PM
^
according to cheezie's website:

1824 e. 2nd st edmond, ok 73034

-M

Easy180
08-10-2009, 07:07 PM
Just thought I'd offer a shout-out to Cheezie's pizza, a new little carry-out spot that opened recently on the east side of Penn at roughly SW 91st. Large one-topping pizza for $4.99, made to order, not in advance, and darned tasty.

We picked up one pepperoni and one sausage, and each got a thumbs up from my crew, with considerably more generous portions of each than the last $5.99 quickie I picked up from Little Ceasar's.

From what the clerk told me, Cheezie's is a very small chain based in Tulsa, with two OKC-area locations - the SW OKC one I visited, and one in the Edmond area. I know most folks here turn up their nose at chains, but this appears to be an Oklahoma-based chain, and they look to be offering a nice product at a very decent price. I'll be back.

-SoonerDave

Have to try the calzone...It is excellent and you get a lot for $8

I put it right behind Sammy's (sp?) calzone at the fair

This place should do well...Definitely replaced Little Ceasars when we need something cheap and healthy

SoonerDave
08-11-2009, 07:30 AM
...for roughly the same price point, i like porky's pizza on 89th & may... just curious, have you tried that place out?

-M

Not since it moved to that location, which is only about a mile from my house...my wife insists we tried that place once a LOOOONGG time ago when some friends of ours picked up a bunch of pizza during a church fellowship, and Porky's was located farther north along May. If its the pizza I'm remembering, it was really good.