View Full Version : Dear MWC CoC

mmonroe
08-08-2009, 02:54 AM
Anything on an ad campaign to revamp the image of MWC?

I still feel like MWC has a bad rap when it comes to people from other metro cities.

USG '60
08-08-2009, 05:59 AM
How about a new slogan: We're better than Del City.

Luke
08-08-2009, 08:27 AM
How about a new slogan: We're better than Del City.

Hey, now, careful.

;)

USG '60
08-08-2009, 08:37 AM
Hey, now, careful.

;)Opps, Del City boy, are ya? (Gulp):redface:

Thunder
08-08-2009, 09:28 AM
"We Don't Condem Our Apartments"

mmonroe
08-08-2009, 02:52 PM
yeah, we're the place where the spirit flies high... i support our military, but man, midwest city doesn't just have all military.

Mountaineer
08-09-2009, 02:18 PM
:woowoo: Her's a good one. "MWC,if you don't like Hi-Speed internet,and no at&t U-verse development,move here. :ou

bombermwc
08-10-2009, 08:09 AM
:woowoo: Her's a good one. "MWC,if you don't like Hi-Speed internet,and no at&t U-verse development,move here. :ou

And where do you get that? Both services are available in MWC....the only places it wouldn't be are out in the middle of nowhere. I had Cox everwhere i lived in MWC, and family members have had AT&T DSL....so????

Luke
08-10-2009, 09:53 PM
Unfortunately, no U-Verse available in my neck of the woods of Del City.

kay
08-10-2009, 10:58 PM
Our neighborhood (north of the OM) isn't able to get U-verse either, according to the website.

bombermwc
08-11-2009, 07:49 AM
Must be lines they haven't updated yet. That's hilarious that the OM can get it but others cant. I'd take Cox over AT&T any day of the week though.

mmonroe
08-18-2009, 04:41 PM
I lived both in and now west of the OM and have had unconventionally high speed internet access for the past four years now.

Lauri101
08-18-2009, 04:58 PM
I've had high-speed internet through Cox since 1998. Roadrunner was first and it wasn't very good, but the Cox version is outstanding.

I'd rather have MWC continue to be the best kept secret of the metro area - the quality of life is better without huge traffic problems.

oneforone
08-19-2009, 01:08 AM
I've had high-speed internet through Cox since 1998. Roadrunner was first and it wasn't very good, but the Cox version is outstanding.

I'd rather have MWC continue to be the best kept secret of the metro area - the quality of life is better without huge traffic problems.

I agree... I moved here in 2008. I love it because my commute to work is roughly 5 minutes (8 if I catch every light). I can shop for anything and not have to travel more than 5 minutes from my house. Not to mention, the majority of drivers know how to drive. Not too fast, not to slow. The only reason I leave Midwest City is to go to my doctor (Sorry not giving her up she is a hottie and she's good.) and visit my family.

TaoMaas
08-19-2009, 05:33 AM
Anything on an ad campaign to revamp the image of MWC?

I still feel like MWC has a bad rap when it comes to people from other metro cities.

I've only lived her for a couple of years, but I think you're right. My daughter, who was living in Edmond, kinda cringed at the thought of visiting my house in MWC. Now that she's spent some time here, she's found that the mother of her best friend from Edmond has her office less than a half mile from my house and the sister of that same best friend lives a couple of blocks away. All Midwest City needs is a little push, a little pride, and some corporate believers.

mmonroe
08-19-2009, 06:51 PM
@taomaas, thank you

so1rfan
08-21-2009, 08:42 PM
I agree... I moved here in 2008. I love it because my commute to work is roughly 5 minutes (8 if I catch every light). I can shop for anything and not have to travel more than 5 minutes from my house. Not to mention, the majority of drivers know how to drive. Not too fast, not to slow. The only reason I leave Midwest City is to go to my doctor (Sorry not giving her up she is a hottie and she's good.) and visit my family.

Tell us more.... about the doctor.