View Full Version : Segwey Tours come to downtown/Bricktown

metro
08-06-2009, 08:56 AM
Sure Beats Walking, LLC (http://www.surebeatswalking.com/SureBeatsWalking.com/Home.html)

bbhill
08-06-2009, 09:56 AM
lol Just what we needeed--people being even more lazy. . .

ps: Not to bash, but omg, the epic use of comic sans on their website burns. . .

metro
08-06-2009, 09:57 AM
not really, it's a good thing. Most major cities have at least one segway touring company.

OUman
08-06-2009, 10:04 AM
^Nothing wrong with having a segway touring company but walking is also a good alternative. Wouldn't using a segway mean you wouldn't be able to just stroll and pause to look around or take photos, seems trickier than just standing in one place.

metro
08-06-2009, 10:11 AM
No. As their website points out and the videos, you can see MORE of a city than you'd normally have time to walk and see. Not to mention you can stop and take photos, or even "gasp" get off of it to see something or take a picture. Typically people rent one for about 2 hours, so chances are they are still going to walk despite that. Also some people are in town for business for just a few hours, but like to see as much of a city as they can within a limited period of time, this is a great way to explore more of a city than they would otherwise. Heck, when I'm on business in other cities, sometimes I can't get out of meetings all day, but I can get away for an hour or too. I love to explore by foot, but when pressed for time, this is a great way to see MUCH more of a City that I otherwise wouldn't see at all. I'm glad to finally have a company open up locally. It definitely adds to the urban feel and adds to our multi-modal transporation. Regardless, it still adds to STREETLIFE, and that is the biggest thing we need downtown, it's not like these guys are the Ambassadors roaming on their segweys in the Underground OKC, not adding to streetlife. It's all about getting more bodies moving around on the streets, in which this will help.

Luke
08-06-2009, 01:39 PM
Segways remind me of Wall-E.

http://crookedhouse.typepad.com/.a/6a00e54ecc66978833011570b3b05e970b-500wi

OUman
08-06-2009, 04:18 PM
No. As their website points out and the videos, you can see MORE of a city than you'd normally have time to walk and see. Not to mention you can stop and take photos, or even "gasp" get off of it to see something or take a picture. Typically people rent one for about 2 hours, so chances are they are still going to walk despite that. Also some people are in town for business for just a few hours, but like to see as much of a city as they can within a limited period of time, this is a great way to explore more of a city than they would otherwise. Heck, when I'm on business in other cities, sometimes I can't get out of meetings all day, but I can get away for an hour or too. I love to explore by foot, but when pressed for time, this is a great way to see MUCH more of a City that I otherwise wouldn't see at all. I'm glad to finally have a company open up locally. It definitely adds to the urban feel and adds to our multi-modal transporation. Regardless, it still adds to STREETLIFE, and that is the biggest thing we need downtown, it's not like these guys are the Ambassadors roaming on their segweys in the Underground OKC, not adding to streetlife. It's all about getting more bodies moving around on the streets, in which this will help.

Yeah, I did overlook the part about getting off it, you do make some good points. Good for Oklahoma City, this should add another dimension to the experience for tourists and locals as well.

OKCMallen
08-06-2009, 04:35 PM
lol Just what we needeed--people being even more lazy. . .

ps: Not to bash, but omg, the epic use of comic sans on their website burns. . .

Dude, I'm gonna do it because I've always wanted to be on, and never have been on, a Segway! :kicking:

FritterGirl
08-06-2009, 08:17 PM
Segways remind me of Wall-E.

http://crookedhouse.typepad.com/.a/6a00e54ecc66978833011570b3b05e970b-500wi

Sometimes I feel our very existence is turning into that of Wall-E. Maybe the filmmakers weren't really that far off the mark. Sure makes you think.

donbroncho
08-06-2009, 09:24 PM
I'm glad to finally have a company open up locally. It definitely adds to the urban feel and adds to our multi-modal transporation. Regardless, it still adds to STREETLIFE, and that is the biggest thing we need downtown, it's not like these guys are the Ambassadors roaming on their segweys in the Underground OKC, not adding to streetlife. It's all about getting more bodies moving around on the streets, in which this will help.

I agree with you 100% about this point metro but I do have a question for you..do you think the pedicabs contribute to the streetlife as well? I think they do...