View Full Version : Bank of America in Leadership Sq. Robbed today

OKCMallen
08-05-2009, 03:22 PM
Crazy..I don't know any other details and I haven't seen that any OKC news websites have broken the story. :fighting3

Midtowner
08-05-2009, 09:13 PM
Damn.

Jimslimmer
08-05-2009, 09:16 PM
I saw a picture on the news tonight, it looks like the guy who sits outside The Buzz and works on his lap top. Must hve been casing the joint for the past 2 years!

Steve
08-05-2009, 09:18 PM
Not sure why nothing was posted. Odd.

OKCMallen
08-05-2009, 09:33 PM
They were taking down the crime scene tape as I was walking out of the building today... I'm a little surprised this didn't make any news outlet I noticed...pretty ballsy to rob a downtown bank in the middle of a Wed.

onthestrip
08-06-2009, 06:27 AM
Shouldn't something be done about these robberies? It seems a metro area bank is getting robbed every other day.

soonerguru
08-06-2009, 06:32 AM
They were taking down the crime scene tape as I was walking out of the building today... I'm a little surprised this didn't make any news outlet I noticed...pretty ballsy to rob a downtown bank in the middle of a Wed.

Channel 5 had it on their ten o'clock news.

metro
08-06-2009, 08:52 AM

I heard it on KOCO and several radio stations.....

Shouldn't something be done about these robberies? It seems a metro area bank is getting robbed every other day.

I agree. This is what happens in a "politically correct society" though.

The problem is security officers are told not to make a big deal or "shoot", many banks security aren't even armed. Their job is to minimize the situation, not escalate it. They are not to fire unless fired upon or a gun is pointed directly at them or someone and they can take the person out without harming someone else. Sure if we heard of a few people getting killed trying to rob a bank, that would probably cause a drop in the number of robberies, but at what cost. Most tellers don't have more than a few thousand dollars on them. The MidFirst robbery a few weeks ago was different, they have armed officers, and the officer shot and killed one of the three robbers, only after she fired/pulled at him first.

hoya
08-06-2009, 04:54 PM
I agree. This is what happens in a "politically correct society" though.

The problem is security officers are told not to make a big deal or "shoot", many banks security aren't even armed. Their job is to minimize the situation, not escalate it. They are not to fire unless fired upon or a gun is pointed directly at them or someone and they can take the person out without harming someone else. Sure if we heard of a few people getting killed trying to rob a bank, that would probably cause a drop in the number of robberies, but at what cost. Most tellers don't have more than a few thousand dollars on them. The MidFirst robbery a few weeks ago was different, they have armed officers, and the officer shot and killed one of the three robbers, only after she fired/pulled at him first.

Oh, you're full of crap. It has nothing to do with "political correctness". It's a simple risk assessment. Bank robbers are there for money. You de-escalate the situation. Give them money, they leave. They get caught, they go to federal prison. It's that easy. You don't start a shootout with them unless something goes wrong. You don't want some hotshot security guard thinking he's a badass to do something which results in people getting killed.

What did Bank of America lose, a few grand? And when these guys get caught (and they will), they'll go to prison.

soonerguru
08-06-2009, 07:26 PM
Give me a break. It's not about "political correctness."

Why is there such hysteria about "political correctness?" As far as I can tell, being "politically correct" is simply being polite and respectful.

Easy180
08-06-2009, 07:31 PM
Oh, you're full of crap. It has nothing to do with "political correctness". It's a simple risk assessment. Bank robbers are there for money. You de-escalate the situation. Give them money, they leave. They get caught, they go to federal prison. It's that easy. You don't start a shootout with them unless something goes wrong. You don't want some hotshot security guard thinking he's a badass to do something which results in people getting killed.

What did Bank of America lose, a few grand? And when these guys get caught (and they will), they'll go to prison.

Hoya has it right...Vast majority of bank robbers are in and out without even brandishing a weapon...Couple grand to the bank is not worth the chance of a shootout...Great publicity having the branch where 4 employees were shot to death...Works wonders for driving lobby traffic

nighttrain12
08-06-2009, 09:28 PM
Crazy..I don't know any other details and I haven't seen that any OKC news websites have broken the story. :fighting3

Hmmmmm. Then how did you know about it!?! LOL

OKCMallen
08-07-2009, 08:06 AM
Got an email from my office building! :)

jbrown84
08-07-2009, 09:38 PM
Hmmmmm. Then how did you know about it!?! LOL

I work downtown so I heard about it when a cop came in the building looking for the robber and gave us his description. I didn't watch the TV news that night, but couldn't find anything about it on newsok or news9.com