View Full Version : Borden Dairy

Charlie40
08-05-2009, 09:38 AM
I have been meaning to ask for sometime but kept forgetting untill now. Is that the old Borden dairy building for OKC on Broadway just north of the Rainbo Bakery? I drive by there everyday and I see red letters on the top of the building that say Borden. Is this building still used for Borden dairy today? Does anyone know any history about this building. I grew up drinking Borden chocolate milk but soemthing has changed with it it does not taste as good as it did in the 70's early 80's it tastes more watered down and not as chocolatey rich as it used to.

Thanks Everyone

Charlie40
08-05-2009, 02:51 PM
I guess it is a mystery to everyone no one has replied since i posted about it.

Steve
08-05-2009, 03:02 PM
Yes, the building was the Borden place

PennyQuilts
08-05-2009, 04:12 PM
Do they still have Elsie there?

Generals64
08-05-2009, 04:42 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
NO!!!!!tell you didn't really say that......You are changing into PapaOU (CAPITOL HILL).....NO>>>>>

Charlie40
08-05-2009, 07:51 PM
Something must be going on there because i see cars parked outside the building.

andy157
08-05-2009, 08:49 PM
Something must be going on there because i see cars parked outside the building.After Borden's shut down their operations, a wholesale meat distributing business had the building. I don't know if they're still there or not.

papaOU
08-05-2009, 10:31 PM

No! She moved to Antlers several years ago and works for the Department of Corrections. We are talking about my first wife are we not? I called her job once and them page her as Elsie. Everyone knew why.....

She was a woman who knew how to feed a living bra.......

I have not been down Broadway for some time. I'll have to check it out. Miss the El Charrito next to the dairy badly...........
:tiphat:

PennyQuilts
08-06-2009, 03:53 AM
After Borden's shut down their operations, a wholesale meat distributing business had the building. I don't know if they're still there or not.

I hope they didn't get Elsie. What a terrible fate.

Generals64
08-06-2009, 08:57 AM
I hope they didn't get Elsie. What a terrible fate.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back in the fifties, there was a contest to name Elsie's Twin calves....Anyone remember the names of the calves and what the name of the supposed father was?????Back to memories and Nostalgia...

rondvu
08-06-2009, 12:57 PM
Back in the fifties, there was a contest to name Elsie's Twin calves....Anyone remember the names of the calves and what the name of the supposed father was?????Back to memories and Nostalgia...

I know we have Elsie, Elmer (as in the glue) and Beauregard. I did not know of twins unless it was Bevo.

SOUTHSIDE GIRL
08-06-2009, 01:13 PM
Elmer was the daddy, big sister Beluah, Big brother Beauerguard, and Larabelle and Labelia were the twins.

papaOU
08-06-2009, 01:26 PM
Elmer was the daddy, big sister Beluah, Big brother Beauerguard, and Larabelle and Labelia were the twins.

Another Redskin to the rescue.

All these years later and we are still "nursing" the Grant scum..........

I mean Grant alum............

Maybe not................

rondvu
08-06-2009, 01:39 PM
Everything you wanted to know about Elsie.

Elsie the Cow - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elsie_the_Cow)

http://www.roadsideamerica.com/pet/elsie.html

Martin
08-06-2009, 01:44 PM
who cares about elsie. elmer was the glue that held that family together.

-M /i'll be here all week... try the veal.

andy157
08-06-2009, 09:21 PM
I hope they didn't get Elsie. What a terrible fate.ECO, I've been dreading this moment, I had hoped you would never ask. I wanted to keep this from you, but, well, about Elsie, well, there's no easy way to tell you, except to come right out, but I, OK, she became 1 of a billion served, there I said it, I'm sorry.

papaOU
08-06-2009, 10:52 PM
ECO, I've been dreading this moment, I had hoped you would never ask. I wanted to keep this from you, but, well, about Elsie, well, there's no easy way to tell you, except to come right out, but I, OK, she became 1 of a billion served, there I said it, I'm sorry.

DO YOU MEAN........GASP...........ELSIE WAS A HORSE?

THEY GROUND HER UP AND THEN ADDED WORMS AS A FILLER.

THE BIG "M" DENIED THEY USED WORM FILLER......

BUT THEY COULD NOT EXPLAIN HOW WHEN YOU SLICE A QUARTER-POUNDER IN HALF, IT CRAWLS OFF IN TWO DIFFERENT DIRECTIONS!!!!!

:sofa:

PennyQuilts
08-07-2009, 03:32 AM
ECO, I've been dreading this moment, I had hoped you would never ask. I wanted to keep this from you, but, well, about Elsie, well, there's no easy way to tell you, except to come right out, but I, OK, she became 1 of a billion served, there I said it, I'm sorry.

OMG. Eeewwwww.

SOUTHSIDE GIRL
08-07-2009, 06:59 AM
You guys are sick, is the heat or rain getting to you

SoonerDave
08-07-2009, 12:48 PM
I think we've mliked this for as much as we can.

Generals64
08-07-2009, 02:03 PM
I think we've mliked this for as much as we can.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
SoonerDave:....You don't know this group, they can turn it into an enormous thread trying to figure out where Elsie went......

rondvu
08-07-2009, 03:40 PM
Now this is milking it YouTube - Amazing, Hilarious, Breakdancing Holy Cow, Funny Variety Act (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sv_HgmuKJz0)

papaOU
08-07-2009, 09:05 PM
Now this is milking it YouTube - Amazing, Hilarious, Breakdancing Holy Cow, Funny Variety Act (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sv_HgmuKJz0)

Saw something similar the last time I visited Lewis Field, Stillwater. Only there was five or six of them dressed in matching outfits and pom-poms.....

Do they still have artificial-turf to keep the homecoming queen from grazing at halftime?

PennyQuilts
08-08-2009, 06:20 AM
Do they still have artificial-turf to keep the homecoming queen from grazing at halftime?

Hahahahha!

Prunepicker
08-13-2009, 11:29 PM
Back in the fifties, there was a contest to name Elsie's Twin calves... Anyone
remember the names of the calves and what the name of the supposed
father was? Back to memories and Nostalgia...
They were Beulah and Beauregard! They were from the 40's. There was a
Lobelia in there somewhere. I think she was part of that 50's contest.

grantgeneral78
08-18-2009, 08:48 PM
found a old bordens gallon glass milk jug that I had forgotten I had...woohoo

Generals64
08-19-2009, 03:20 PM
found a old bordens gallon glass milk jug that I had forgotten I had...woohoo
Hey, I've got some Kentucky moonshine we can put in there for the next meeting......Naw, better not PapaOU would want to find the cow it came from....I'm sure....

papaOU
08-19-2009, 04:49 PM
Hey, I've got some Kentucky moonshine we can put in there for the next meeting......Naw, better not PapaOU would want to find the cow it came from....I'm sure....

Shine was meant to drink from a Mason Jar:tiphat:

Generals64
08-19-2009, 07:16 PM
Shine was meant to drink from a Mason Jar:tiphat:

Yep, that's what I got her.....guaranteed to be at least thirty days old......Smooth as glass and just a sharp........

Prunepicker
08-19-2009, 08:46 PM
Yep, that's what I got her... guaranteed to be at least thirty days old...
Smooth as glass and just a sharp...

There's nothing better than aged 'shine. I hear that July was a very good
month! We'll discuss this at the next meeting.

papaOU
08-19-2009, 09:12 PM
Maybe you need to drink more shine.

Bet that stuff should dissolve kidney stones,

liver, kidneys, stomach lining,

I know brain cells for sure..

Am sure it has dissolved a few marriages as well.......

Generals64
03-12-2010, 09:05 AM
Which one of the Dairy's had a Glass bottle with a prize on the Cap???was it Townley's, Gold Spot, Borden's, Gilt Edge, Meadow Gold....I don't know the answer but I do remember there were silly sayings and every now and then you could win a gallon of Ice Cream or a Gallon of Milk.....

skyrick
03-12-2010, 05:53 PM
Which one of the Dairy's had a Glass bottle with a prize on the Cap???was it Townley's, Gold Spot, Borden's, Gilt Edge, Meadow Gold....I don't know the answer but I do remember there were silly sayings and every now and then you could win a gallon of Ice Cream or a Gallon of Milk.....

I want to say Gold Spot.

Back to the OT, I remember a 5th grade field trip to the Dairy. We all got an ice cream sandwich at the end of the tour! That's the ONLY thing I remember about it.

Prunepicker
03-12-2010, 09:20 PM
Which one of the Dairy's had a Glass bottle with a prize on the Cap? Was it
Townley's, Gold Spot, Borden's, Gilt Edge, Meadow Gold... I don't know the
answer but I do remember there were silly sayings and every now and then
you could win a gallon of Ice Cream or a Gallon of Milk...
Meadow Gold didn't and Prunette says Townley's didn't, either. I have an
old, old Borden's mile bottle with Gail Borden's silhouette on it. It's a dark
amber bottle.

skyrick
03-13-2010, 07:06 AM
Meadow Gold didn't and Prunette says Townley's didn't, either. I have an
old, old Borden's mile bottle with Gail Borden's silhouette on it. It's a dark
amber bottle.

My grandma had home delivery of Borden's when I was a wee lad, and if I remember correctly, the amber bottle was skim milk.

Generals64
03-14-2010, 12:55 PM
My grandma had home delivery of Borden's when I was a wee lad, and if I remember correctly, the amber bottle was skim milk.
================================================== ============
When I was a young guy, Borden's delivered Door to Door in our neighborhood and then all of the other locals began trying to get their business....Strange, we had Bread Delivery, Insurance Salesman once a week to collect on an Insurance Policy....Vacuum Cleaner Salesmen.....And so on.....

papaOU
03-14-2010, 02:08 PM
================================================== ============
When I was a young guy, Borden's delivered Door to Door in our neighborhood and then all of the other locals began trying to get their business....Strange, we had Bread Delivery, Insurance Salesman once a week to collect on an Insurance Policy....Vacuum Cleaner Salesmen.....And so on.....

People today would be afraid to open the door. So sad....

Prunepicker
03-14-2010, 09:48 PM
Don't fergit the Fuller Brush man, Jewel Tea, & various people wanting to do
odd jobs around your house.

Hey, last week there was a Fuller Brush card in our drive way! No kidding.
Maybe door to door is making a resurgence!

papaOU
03-14-2010, 10:48 PM
Don't fergit the Fuller Brush man, Jewel Tea, & various people wanting to do
odd jobs around your house.

Hey, last week there was a Fuller Brush card in our drive way! No kidding.
Maybe door to door is making a resurgence!

Remember the movie where Red Skelton played the Fuller Brush man?

Generals64
03-15-2010, 07:56 AM
Remember the movie where Red Skelton played the Fuller Brush man?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yeah, I tried to play Fuller Brush man....The Sample Case you had to BUY and the territory you Got to BUY was just too expensive.......And, I had heard that the Fuller
Brush Co. was still alive and was mainly through Catalogue sales now.....As many car ads that David Stanley has on the TV.....We may Car Salesmen going door to door....