View Full Version : Targetted Oklahoma Post Offices for Closing

venture
08-04-2009, 04:53 PM
With the plan for the USPS to close several hundred post offices, here are the ones in Oklahoma:

Southwest Oklahoma Britton station OKLAHOMA CITY OK
Southwest Oklahoma Farley station OKLAHOMA CITY OK
Southwest Oklahoma Gilcrease station-Tulsa TULSA OK
Southwest Oklahoma Northwest station OKLAHOMA CITY OK
Southwest Oklahoma Penn 89 station OKLAHOMA CITY OK
Southwest Oklahoma Santa Fe station OKLAHOMA CITY OK
Southwest Oklahoma Southwest station OKLAHOMA CITY OK
Southwest Oklahoma Tulsa Whittier TULSA OK
Southwest Oklahoma Warr Acres OKLAHOMA CITY OK

Bunty
08-05-2009, 02:03 PM
Where's the northwest station? Near the corner of N. May and I-44?

Steve
08-05-2009, 02:08 PM
That's the old list; since revised (Postal Service gave me that list last week and then had to refresh it Monday!). Here's the revised list for OKC, as I reported yesterday:

Southwest Oklahoma Northwest station OKLAHOMA CITY OK (near NW 24 and Western)

Thunder
08-05-2009, 02:25 PM
A lot of people do go to the PO. Take the Del City location for example. I guess there is too many for OKC, but then again, there is a lot more people in OKC. I think those are too many closures.

Bunty
08-05-2009, 04:02 PM
If those closing post offices offer boxes they will sure upset people renting them.

PennyQuilts
08-05-2009, 04:08 PM
Good point, Bunty. And people who use them for businesses might have stationary with that address.

windowphobe
08-05-2009, 05:44 PM
The station at I-44 and May is called, with disarming simplicity, the Thirty-Ninth Street Station.

USG '60
08-05-2009, 06:29 PM
The station at I-44 and May is called, with disarming simplicity, the Thirty-Ninth Street Station.Do you mean the one between May and Drexel on 39th? Seems like the correct name to me.

Bunty
08-05-2009, 06:49 PM
Yes, and next door to the new Lowe's.

venture
08-05-2009, 10:52 PM
That's the old list; since revised (Postal Service gave me that list last week and then had to refresh it Monday!). Here's the revised list for OKC, as I reported yesterday:

Southwest Oklahoma Northwest station OKLAHOMA CITY OK (near NW 24 and Western)

Yell at ABC then for publishing the old one. LOL

centralparker
08-06-2009, 06:44 AM
I have a box at the Northwest Station for business. Fortunately our physical location is used for all our marketing materials, so that expense won't factor in. I opened the box a couple years ago after going through the hassles of a couple addresses changes. It's for a physical therapy clinic, and mailing addresses are very important when it comes to receiving payments and correspondence from health insurance companies. I wanted to insure we had a static mailing address, even if the physical location changed. Definitely wasn't on my radar that that particular post office might close. I wish I would have picked a different one, but it's the one between my home and work.

t3h_wookiee
08-14-2009, 09:41 PM
Which station is the Southwest one?

bluedogok
08-14-2009, 11:07 PM
I know Farley Station had boxes at one time, it was the one that served my parents neighborhood.

oneforone
08-15-2009, 01:46 PM
Which station is the Southwest one?

It's on Agnew. Just a few blocks North of 59th Street.

dismayed
08-15-2009, 02:39 PM
It is interesting that they are closing the older locations down. I'm sure this makes sense from an infrastructure standpoint, them wanting to keep the newer facilities, but I'm guessing that older post offices are located in older neighborhoods... which to me would seem like their biggest user demographic.