View Full Version : Cox - Multi-Room DVR in OKC...ever?

SoonerDave
07-29-2009, 09:37 AM
Quite by accident, I came across this little blurb from back in April of this year. I've heard nothing about it happening locally, but it would be nice if it happens:

Press Release: Cox Communications Announces Upcoming Launch of Multi-Room DVR Functionality. - PR Newswire | HighBeam Research: Online Press Releases (http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-197237316.html)

Basically, it is a multiroom DVR service.

I'd also like to know if Cox plans to roll out any four-tuner DVR's anytime soon...

Anyone heard anything?

-David

Lord Helmet
07-29-2009, 10:22 AM
You'd think they have something in the works. Honestly, I don't know why anyone uses them anymore. There are better options now with Dish, DTV and Uverse.

Tex
07-29-2009, 12:41 PM
Uverse has multi-room DVR, you should check them out.

drumsncode
07-29-2009, 02:06 PM
I'm curious, what kinds of output jacks do these subscription DVR's have? Do they go out of their way to keep you from recording onto DVD from their boxes?

SoonerDave
07-29-2009, 02:43 PM
I'm curious, what kinds of output jacks do these subscription DVR's have? Do they go out of their way to keep you from recording onto DVD from their boxes?

My DVR is made by Scientific Atlanta, and has a firewire port, an HDMI port, and standard a/v output jacks.

You can hook up patch cords from the analog outs to a DVD burner with no problem, and the times I've used it the resultant DVD has been very good in each case. The only issues arise if you try to burn digital copies of digital content, wherein the "CopyOnce" protection flag comes into play, and thus inhibited.

SoonerDave
07-29-2009, 02:47 PM
Uverse has multi-room DVR, you should check them out.

Thanks, but I'm not ready to jump ship, especially not to be a slave to ATT. I loathe them. Cox has served me well so far; not saying I'd never consider an alternative, but any alternative spelled ATT has the dark, pale shadow of death to overcome in my book. I would go to a direct satellite provider before I go ATT. Right now, my internet, cable, and phone services have been excellent, and I have no compelling reason to change to ANY other provider right now.

Yeah, my ATT loathing probably makes me an oddball, but we all have our little pet hangups :dizzy:

dalelakin
07-29-2009, 05:32 PM
I would just be happy with the 4 channel DVR and a larger storage. However I will be calling about all 3 and suggest anyone else that is interested in these services please do the same. The more they here from customers that they are "considering switching" to a competitor the sooner we will get these services...