View Full Version : Candidates for open council seats

Patrick
01-28-2005, 08:48 PM
I personally want to encourage those in Ward 4 to support Carl Sullivan. As I've said before, he's extremely knowledgeable about the inside workings of our city government, but at the same time, he understands th eneed for a change in the good ole boy system that's infiltrated the council for so long.

I'm actually quite surprised Barlow is running for Ward 8

-------------
"10 file for open council seats

By Bryan Dean
The Oklahoman

Ten people filed Thursday for five Oklahoma City Council seats up for election this spring.
Wards 4 and 8, which opened when former Councilmen Brent Rinehart and Guy Liebmann resigned to serve in other elected offices, each drew three candidates.

Ward 1 Councilman Gary Marrs, Ward 3 Councilman Larry McAtee and Ward 7 Councilwoman Willa Johnson all filed for re-election.

Marrs, 58, is the only candidate so far in Ward 1. McAtee, 67, also has not drawn an opponent.

Ward 4 candidates include interim Councilman Pete White, 66, Louise Elkins-Alexander, 68, and Carl D. Sullivan, 68.

Candidates for Ward 7 include Johnson, 65, and Lenardo Smith, 49.

Those filing for Ward 8 include Lou Barlow, 39, Patrick J. Ryan, 66, and Eric Roberts, 42.

Filing continues today and Monday. "

mranderson
01-28-2005, 09:31 PM
Lou Barlow ran against Ernest I-Took for Congress in 2002. He is the son of my Jr. High and High School Government teacher, Mike Barlow, and seems to have his head on straight.

Since he could run again, and hoepfully get that psudo okie out of office, I fully support Lou Barlow for ward eight. I encourage everyone in ward eight to vote for him. The more he does for the city, the better his chances are to unseat the want to be Salt Laker.:congrats: