View Full Version : Vick reinstated

PennyQuilts
07-28-2009, 05:35 AM
Did you see where Michael Vick was conditionally reinstated following serving time for dog fighting?

I'd like to see him go high profile in opposing dog fighting or otherwise throwing his energy to make life better for dogs - has anyone heard if he is going to try to publically rehabilitate himself that way?

I sure wouldn't support a ball club that hired him unless I thought he was actually rehabilitated.

I worked with his cousin for years - a nicer man I never met, who worked with disadvantgaged youth and came up on the streets just like this guy did. The cousin is top of my list of people I most admire. A genuinely kind, honorable man. He told me, years before all this happened, that Vick hung on to his gangsta buddies and was a thug, no matter what sort of suit you put on him. I admired Vick for doing his time and not dragging this out but I suspect he did that so he could quickly get back to professional football while still young enough to play. I wish him the best and hope he learned his lesson. But like I said, I wouldn't support a ball club that hired him at this point.

gmwise
07-28-2009, 06:37 AM
I think it was a bad idea to reinstate him.
But then again I'm glad I didnt have to make that decision.

SoonerBent
07-28-2009, 09:27 AM
I think it was a bad idea to reinstate him.
But then again I'm glad I didnt have to make that decision.I agree.

It's probably a moot point anyway. He didn't play well the last year he did play and it's been two years since then. I don't think ant teams are going to beat down his door.

TaoMaas
07-28-2009, 09:48 AM
...has anyone heard if he is going to try to publically rehabilitate himself that way?

Yeah, I heard he is working with the Humane Society (or some similar group) to take a more public position against animal cruelty. I love animals, so I can't excuse what he did, but I think some team is going to get an absolute steal by hiring Vick. I think he's smart enough to realize that he screwed up and that he can go back to being a millionaire if he'll just clean up his act and toe the line.

BailJumper
07-28-2009, 10:53 AM
I don't think he should do a single solitary thing for the humane society unless he really feels he wants to. He served his time and his debt to society has been paid and he doesn't owe any of us anything. In reality, I imagine he'll make more now then ever before, because, like it or not he will be an audience draw for some team dying to get some headlines.

I don't like the guy and wouldn't sit down to dinner with him, but he doesn't owe me anything and who am I to think he doesn't have a right to make a living doing what he does.

Heyuri
07-28-2009, 11:07 AM
Just look at the felony records of other pro athletes. I cannot excuse what he did, but if a convicted rapist can play pro ball after their sentence is done... It would seem kinda crazy to not let Vick play.