View Full Version : Education Level

Midtowner
01-28-2005, 02:42 PM
How important do you think education level is to a successful relationship? Why?

windowphobe
01-28-2005, 06:30 PM
Depends on whether there's a big difference between the two; a dropout may be in love with a PhD (or, less likely, vice versa), but it's hard to imagine they'd have much to talk about.

Patrick
01-28-2005, 08:39 PM
Well, I'd say from a financial perspective it matters.....couples that earn enough to pay their bills are obviously happier. But, after that, it's probably moot point. Seems like compatibility matters more.....having similar interests, personalities, etc.

Jay
01-28-2005, 10:00 PM
In a dating relationship probably not, in a marriage yes. Just because financial stability is improtant in a marriage and education is a big part of that. Sure a couple will do fine with nothing in the beginning; however, if financial stabilty is not achieved eventually the marriage will most likely fail. Money problems often mask the real problems in a relationship. Thats why I think its important for one to seek financial stability before marrying.

mistipetal
02-01-2005, 02:49 PM
I don't think education level per se is important. Close to equal intellect, very important. You need to be able to interact as equals. Everyone has their own expertise, however, if you can't carry on a good conversation, you will get bored and quick. The problem is some people are threatened by someone smarter than they are and feel the need to dominate. Like most things invovling a successful relationship, compromises and sacrifices are needed. You have to find a balance. If there is too large of a gap between intellects, then there will always be an imbalance and problems will arise.

Zoedith
02-03-2005, 09:05 PM
I dont think it matters. I don't ask for a resume when dating someone, I tend to date someone I enjoy being with. I haven't ever dated anyone with the same education level that I have, and I dont feel superior to them. All I ever wanted was someone who can follow my conversations and make me feel happy.
There are a lot of people out there who do have financial stability and do not post highschool education.

mranderson
02-20-2005, 08:12 AM
I have dated women ranging from high school graduates to phd's. It is the attraction that counts. By attration, I mean it is a combination of physcial and personality. Eduation level is not really important. IT is how well you get along and do they look nice.