View Full Version : Announcement about big Announcement Coming soon!

blangtang
07-22-2009, 09:26 PM
check back often!

Please delete thread after 12 pages of comments

Thunder
07-22-2009, 09:45 PM
I'm getting married! Announcement coming soon with more details.

Tier2City
07-22-2009, 10:15 PM
I know something you don't. As always, you heard it with me first.

SOONER8693
07-23-2009, 06:14 AM
Define BIG.

andy157
07-23-2009, 06:24 AM
Define BIG.of great size, loud, important, noble.

USG '60
07-23-2009, 06:42 AM
Well CRAP, I had a secret I was going to tell you guys, but I forgot it. I don't know what to do now.

andy157
07-23-2009, 06:50 AM
Well CRAP, I had a secret I was going to tell you guys, but I forgot it. I don't know what to do now.Ask Metro he'll know what it was.

Steve
07-23-2009, 07:44 AM
All right guys, isn't this getting to be overkill? If the message hasn't been understood by now, it probably won't be.

metro
07-23-2009, 07:50 AM
Fine, I won't post, we'll just keep Taco Bell chihuahua dies, Southside Memories, Chick Fila coming to Southside as our top threads..........geez people, start the threads yourselves or don't participate in them if you don't like mine. I didn't hear any of you complaining when I launched the MTP thread before any articles came out.

andy157
07-23-2009, 08:05 AM
Fine, I won't post, we'll just keep Taco Bell chihuahua dies, Southside Memories, Chick Fila coming to Southside as our top threads..........geez people, start the threads yourselves or don't participate in them if you don't like mine. I didn't hear any of you complaining when I launched the MTP thread before any articles came out.Let me be the first to announce that I'm sorry for poking fun at you. Please accept my apology.

fromdust
07-23-2009, 09:28 AM
ok i get why people are acting like this, cuz i feel it sometimes when metro posts his "i know and you dont" threads. but at the same time i dont lash out at him cuz like the other half of the people on this board, im not "in the know", and i enjoy reading the breaking news. so thanks to everyone that just ruined the non-knowers source.

Jesseda
07-23-2009, 09:54 AM
YouTube - LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHmvkRoEowc) leave metro alone, (everytime this person says britney replace it with metro) this is a message that everyone should watch who is picking on metro...

Matt
07-23-2009, 10:04 AM
So are you supposed to be Chris Crocker, in this case? He wouldn't be the first guy I'd want speaking for me.

Jesseda
07-23-2009, 10:07 AM
i think he is dramatic, and over reacts kinda like you matt, but to answer you ? no im not suppose to be cris crocker, even though he has made lots of money being a youtube celeb

Matt
07-23-2009, 10:10 AM
But, c'mon, admit it--you are kind of playing the Chris Crocker role in this situation, aren't you?

Which makes "metro" Britney.

Nevermind. I like it.

Jesseda
07-23-2009, 10:12 AM
i just thought it was funny matt, im not taking sides, it popped into my head when this thing with metro was going on.. i like reading everyones post on here everytime i get a chance. I have no problems with anyone..

Matt
07-23-2009, 10:16 AM
Right on. I know what you mean.

Personally, I have the "Flea Market Montgomery" song going through my head during every waking moment.

It's just like, it's just like a mini mall! Hey hey!

gmwise
07-23-2009, 12:39 PM
its is the 23rd of the month....touchy

BDP
07-23-2009, 12:49 PM
geez people, start the threads yourselves or don't participate in them if you don't like mine.

I don't think people would make a big deal about it if the thread titles were clear that no real information is included in the thread. You are a very valuable contributor to this forum, no doubt, but you have to admit it is pretty lame to to click on a thread only to find out it's just an announcement that there will be an announcement. If you have information that you want to share and can share, then that's great, otherwise it is kind of useless to everyone else for you to simply tell them that you have new information that you can't or won't share. I know you don't mean it this way, but it does make you look like you think you are more important than the actual information you may or may not have and I think some or just having fun with that.

metro
07-23-2009, 02:22 PM
I don't see how "Big Announcement coming to Oklahoma River on Tuesday" is "misleading" that the real announcement hasn't come yet? Can a rational person not tell by that title, that the real announcement is next Tuesday?

Thunder
07-23-2009, 02:24 PM
I don't see how "Big Announcement coming to Oklahoma River on Tuesday" is "misleading" that the real announcement hasn't come yet? Can a rational person not tell by that title, that the real announcement is next Tuesday?

The staged announcement at the expense of the taxpayers will be on Tuesday, but they pretty much already gave the go-ahead to release the info thru email and other sources.

metro
07-23-2009, 02:27 PM
Actually, I'm pretty sure the Boathouse Foundation is a PRIVATE entity Thunder, not a public project or "taxpayer" expense.

http://www.chesapeakeboathouse.org/1095foundation.html

Steve
07-23-2009, 02:28 PM
Overkill folks. Seriously. Let this thread die. If you don't, I'm going to post something about Tom Elmore or Coffee Slingers.

gmwise
07-23-2009, 02:30 PM
goodness someone is in need of chocolate.

Steve
07-23-2009, 02:36 PM
:LolLolLolAren't we all???

BDP
07-23-2009, 02:39 PM

Just trying to help you out. This seems to happen to you a lot, but if you don't care, don't sweat the flack you get for those threads... no biggie.

Thunder
07-23-2009, 02:50 PM
Metro, maybe it help if you leave out the part "I can't tell you" "I won't tell you" "I am not allowed to tell you" "This is highly classified" and rephrase it in a way that makes it more fun.

You can start a thread on the location, when, where, etc. Then say something like this "Can anyone guess what it will be?" Make it into some sort of a fun guessing games for people to put in their amazing ideas.

gmwise
07-23-2009, 03:02 PM
Agree

Pete
07-23-2009, 03:03 PM
Okay guys, I think the point has been made.

Let's go back to posting about the community now.