View Full Version : Cloth Diaper Service

TwinMom09
07-22-2009, 05:46 PM
Does anyone know of any cloth diaper services in the Oklahoma City area?? I'm having a hard time keeping up with my twins' cloth diapers and I do NOT want to go to disposables!!

Thank you!
TM

PennyQuilts
07-22-2009, 05:58 PM
I can't help you but congrats on your two bundles of love. How old are they? He/she/both?

TwinMom09
07-23-2009, 04:25 PM
They are 5 months old. :) One boy, one girl! (And yes, they're a handful!!) Thanks, ECO!! We would go through SO many disposables.. its not even funny. LOL!

PennyQuilts
07-23-2009, 04:54 PM
They are 5 months old. :) One boy, one girl! (And yes, they're a handful!!) Thanks, ECO!! We would go through SO many disposables.. its not even funny. LOL!

You have my sympathy on the number of diapers! Surely you are starting to slow down? I always wanted twins but I was young and clearly out of my mind. I'm kidding - if one of my kids comes up with twins I would have a stroke I would be so excited. Well, to be honest, if one of them came up with ONE (at this point, even the SINGLE one!) I would stroke out from excitement.

CCOKC
07-23-2009, 08:49 PM
I used a service when my children were babies and it was the best thing nappy wise. Of course that was 17 and more years ago. We lived in Maryland for a few months and had to use disposables and I absolutely hated them. But according to this article you may be sol on the diaper service nowadays.
http://www.newsok.com/cloth-diapers-coming-back-but-cleaning-can-be-a-mess/article/3360750?custom_click=pod_headline_business

Thunder
07-23-2009, 09:32 PM
It be wise to toss those diaper cloths in the public laundry machines.

I can not see any sane parents to wear clothes that had been washed in the same machine filled with...from the diaper cloths.

PennyQuilts
07-24-2009, 04:39 AM
Oh Thunder.

TwinMom09
07-26-2009, 03:37 PM
LOL!! You rinse and soak the cloth diapers before they go into the washer, silly. Not like you're throwing .... stuff.. in the washing machine. :)

Heehee.

Darnit - it looks like there's NO diaper service in Oklahoma at ALL? Gosh. They had TWO in Iowa when we lived there just in the Des Moines metro area... Oh well. Guess I'm doomed to either do laundry forever or do my part in filling landfills. Blah.

Thanks for the info, CCOKC. :D

ECO - Twins are awesome! I wouldn't have it any other way.. in fact we're going to try for another pregnancy when the twins turn 2 ... and we're SO hoping for another boy/girl set!! :) Gotta have those boys, they're the last hope for my husband's name to carry on! :D

diaperevolution
03-22-2010, 08:00 AM
Hello,
I am a cloth diaper service out of Bentonville, AR. I am looking to start a route to OKC if there is enough interest. I offer professional service with high quality products and wash process. Please let me know if you are still interested.
Thanks,
Kelly

kevinpate
03-23-2010, 04:44 AM
Do not know if the place is operational or not, but MANTA has a listing for an outfit in Shawnee.

Diaper Barn - Shawnee, Oklahoma (OK) | Company Profile (http://www.manta.com/c/mmlz4vd/diaper-barn)

MadMonk
03-23-2010, 06:52 AM
Oh well. Guess I'm doomed to either do laundry forever or do my part in filling landfills. Blah.

Go with the disposables. After its all said and done, you'll have a mountain you can name after your kids!

metro
03-29-2010, 09:42 AM
Yes, my wife and I were wondering the same thing for a cloth diaper service. There are also these cool new cloth diaper thingys (official word ;) ) you can by at Baby's R Us and such. The outer cover is cloth, but you purchase these biodegradable type of liners. The best of both worlds! No having to clean the nasty cloth diapers regularly, and the liners are biodegradable and convenient like disposable.

shelly95
10-08-2010, 04:38 PM
Hey, I just saw your post and was wondering if you were able to start your route. I am looking for information about cloth diapers. Thanks