View Full Version : Church holding prayer service for Iraq

Patrick
01-27-2005, 12:05 PM
Churches to hold day of prayer

By Kirsten McIntyre

Amid reports of violence, an Edmond church is planning a special day of prayer.

The congregation at Henderson Hills Baptist Church believes this is a critical time for Iraq.

With that in mind, they've planned a special time of prayer to remember the troops as well as the Iraqis who will be going to the polls.

Which is exactly what members of Henderson Hills Baptist Church in Edmond plan to do on Saturday.

They're planning a special service believing their prayers will make a difference in Iraq's historic election.

With just days until the election, insurgents continue to target both Americans and Iraqis who are helping push the election process forward. Car bombs are the weapon of choice aimed at polling places, police stations and politicans.

At Henderson Hills they say there's no time like now to pray.

Several churches from different denominations have been invited to be a part of Saturday's prayer service.

It is open to anyone who wants to come and pray.

The prayer service begins at 10 a.m. Saturday. During the first hour, a pastor will lead the congregation in ways they can specifically pray for the election process. The next two hours will be for people to come and pray on their own."

Keith
01-27-2005, 02:29 PM
Hats off to Henderson Hills for them stepping up to do this. Actually, all of the churches in the metro, no matter what the denomination is, should have a prayer service this weekend. There's always something and someone to pray for, and this is a very critical time for the soldiers in Iraq.

We have lost so many soldiers due to the war, and this coming weekend will be just as violent.

I received an e-mail from a friend who received an e-mail from their relative in Iraq. This relative is in charge of one of the units that will be transportating the voting booths to the voting sites. As many of you already know, many insurgents are planning suicide bombings, roadside bombs, and roadside ambushes, just to keep our soldiers from doing their duties.

Plus, many of the Iraqi people will not get out to vote, due to the continuous threats of violence. Our soldiers, and the country of Iraq needs our prayers desperately.

Rev. Bob
01-28-2005, 09:11 PM
Great idea. I may very well have a similar service at my church. I never thought about it until now. Our troops deserve the prayers. They're putting their lives on the line to fight an enemy that has no clue what Christian love is.

Midtowner
01-28-2005, 09:31 PM
Henderson Hills has always been great at self-promotion.