View Full Version : Kodiak restaurant and seafood place too!

bbhill
07-08-2009, 09:56 PM
Does anyone here remember the Kodiak restaurant over by Quail Springs? The lot is now occupied by Legacy bank. I remember eating there a couple times when they were open. I recall it had great scenery and the steaks were pretty good too. Also, what was the name of the seafood place on N May, west of Quail Springs, that is now Shiki? Its bugging the hell out of me. thx Sorry, this is a kind of random post. lol

MadMonk
07-09-2009, 08:48 AM
Also, what was the name of the seafood place on N May, west of Quail Springs, that is now Shiki? Its bugging the hell out of me. thx
Harbor House?

metro
07-09-2009, 09:05 AM
Pelicans...and they still have a location in MWC/Del City area.

SoonerBent
07-09-2009, 10:46 AM
I loved Kodiac. Food was pretty good and the log building was way cool. I remember seeing it dismantled to be shipped to Colorado and being very sad. I hope the family that bought it and had it moved enjoys there new log home. I miss it.

bbhill
07-09-2009, 02:57 PM
Good to know they didn't trash a perfectly good log cabin. I wonder why they went under. I don't know of anywhere else in the metro where you can eat in a freakin log cabin. lol

metro
07-13-2009, 02:36 PM
Well, Jo's Famous Pizza in Edmond would be one log cabin restaurant. There are a few others around the metro who's name escapes me.

bluedogok
07-13-2009, 08:20 PM
Well, Jo's Famous Pizza in Edmond would be one log cabin restaurant. There are a few others around the metro who's name escapes me.
The former Lottinville's?

The OKC Kodiak was inconsistent, that is what killed its business. The one in Tulsa was always pretty consistent when I had gone there.

papaOU
07-13-2009, 08:50 PM
Pelicans...and they still have a location in MWC/Del City area.

Is it still in the same place east of the mall. (Air Depot?) I know it was good years ago.

metro
07-14-2009, 08:20 AM
Don't know, I don't frequent MidWest City/Del City area very often, but I know that is the name of it and I know it's still in the Mid/Del area. I did a very quick Google and found this just now:

Pelican's Restaurant Midwest City 73110 | Menuism (http://www.menuism.com/restaurants/ch5vqiSs8r27pjabBlKsEs-pelicans-restaurant-midwest-city-ok)

oneforone
07-14-2009, 09:45 AM
I live right up the road from there. The place has to be somewhat descent they draw about the same sized crowd every night as Chili's, Santa Fe or Dead Lobster.

poisonokie
10-20-2009, 09:38 AM
The MWC Pelican's seemed better to me although I think I only ate at the N May location once, it wasn't near as good as the MWC one.