View Full Version : Istooks son arrested by bounty hunters

narrowexpanded
07-08-2009, 05:46 PM
Earnest Istook's son hides from bounty hunters - KFOR (http://www.kfor.com/news/local/kfor-news-chad-istook-arrested-story,0,3494604.story)

kevinpate
07-08-2009, 08:12 PM
When the piper is knocking at the door, the closet is not a long term solution, not much of a short term solution either if someone's done gone and called the doorbusters.

Midtowner
07-08-2009, 08:27 PM
I kind of feel sorry for the guy. He doesn't deserve to get this sort of publicity just because he has the ill fortune of having a semi-famous dad.

kevinpate
07-08-2009, 08:40 PM
Lots of people who get arrested make the news though. It's true that most don't also obtain their own forum threads here and elsewhere. Such is the price/curse/etc of fame, however fleeting.

If you have a well known parent, keeping below the radar is not always easy, but it's generally advisable. Hiding in the closet from folks authorized to smash and grab? Not really the best call in the my daddy's famous playbook.

BBatesokc
07-09-2009, 01:52 PM
I ride with these particular bounty hunters almost every week. I've ridden with others, and these guys are by far the most professional and courteous.

You can see most of the 'raw' footage of Chad Istook's arrest on their YouTube channel... YouTube - dewitt1015's Channel (http://www.youtube.com/dewitt1015)

On a recent outing with them I taped the following encounter with a couple hooked on meth... YouTube - 4/15/09 - BountyBoys: Meth Head Busted at Hotel (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLN0MwFvBiw&feature=channel_page)

progressiveboy
07-09-2009, 02:09 PM
I kind of feel sorry for the guy. He doesn't deserve to get this sort of publicity just because he has the ill fortune of having a semi-famous dad. Excuse me? Yes he deserves every bit of it. He is no more special or entitled to special treatment than any one else. I do not feel sorry for him at all because he put himself in this situation.

BBatesokc
07-09-2009, 02:14 PM
The whole situation just shows what a loser this Chad Istook is.

Anyone can get tickets - even DUI's. But this 32 year old man has been arrested for shoplifting, DUI, driving under suspension and more.

He knows he has the charges and the bond, but yet still refuses to go to court and face the music. He puts the bondsman's money at risk, the bounty hunters safety at risk, clogs up the judicial process and then cries for a phone after he's arrested for a cell phone to call daddy.

I don't get it. All his problems could have been handled with a couple of court appearances and a check. He could even request additional time to pay if he needed. The courts don't want your body, they want your money.

Midtowner
07-09-2009, 03:54 PM
Excuse me? Yes he deserves every bit of it. He is no more special or entitled to special treatment than any one else. I do not feel sorry for him at all because he put himself in this situation.

Well, the media attention is special attention.

I'm not a big fan of his dad. I think he's an arrogant, pompous ass, in fact.

The arrest and the circumstances are no big deal. The fact that it's in the paper is.

kevinpate
07-09-2009, 08:06 PM
and it's in the paper, and forums like this, largely because it wasn't a run of the mill, go to court, make nice, write the check, keep nose clean afterwards.

If pops has not been Istook, but had been any well known former politico, and the adult son is taken smash and grab from a closet, yeah, he's gonna be temporarily as famous as the "take me to county" atty was when he had his 15 minutes in the spotlight.

This time I really feel it is more a hate the playa, not the game set of circumstances.
Poorly played, simply poorly played from the git go.

PennyQuilts
07-10-2009, 03:49 AM
I think this became big news because Chad's dad is known as a conservative.

It is bigger news because Chad embarassed himself so thoroughly, both in lifestyle and in his whiney way of dealing with the bounty hunters. I'll paraphrase a quote from the BH that they would have treated him like a man if he'd come out of the closet. He didn't call 911 (so he knew who these people were), didn't resist, he hid like a little puppy with his tail between his legs, and all but cried from fear.

Mind you, I'd have been bawling and freaked out but the country would have cut me some slack because I am a middle aged woman and my hair is going grey.

It must have been tough growing up with several larger than life personalities in the home and the need to stay on his best behavior to avoid embarassing the family. Of course, plenty of us had similar pressures and turned out better than this. I think dad is a bit pompous but that is probably just a personality thing. I knew his other son and he was a clone of dad - but very smart and funny. Chad doesn't seem to have inherited those gifts. I think it is a sad case. He needs either SA or mental health help. Or maybe he just needs some calcium to firm up that spine.

I loved the "guard" dogs in the video. Never saw such useless guard dogs! I worried through the whole thing that someone had left the door open and they'd get out.

Larry
07-10-2009, 09:24 PM
Let's talk a little reality here. Chad Istook is being completely manipulative and playing the system. He says that he thought he was being robbed, yet he had 45 minutes to call the cops and didn't. He says he wanted to call his dad and needed his cell phone, yet his dad had no idea that he had even been arrested a day later when the report broke as the lead story on the evening news.

Chad got into Oklahoma City University's law school (his dad's alma mater) without a bachelors degree. He transferred to the University of Oklahoma College of Law despite what is rumored to be a poor academic record. He graduated from the University of Oklahoma College of Law, but it seems that his diploma may well have been revoked amid rumors of cheating (according to several classmates with whom I have spoken).

Chad then became a lobbyist for a time, no doubt thanks to his father's position. Then he returned to Oklahoma to work on Ernest Istook's campaign.

Chad has had warrants for his arrest in other states. He has made the news routinely for years--for bar fight, shoplifting, and now this.

Chad Istook's own parents have taken legal action against him in recent months. He needs help.

He probably needs rehab, based on the police report of the mixture of addictive prescription pills that were in his car as he drove wrecklessly with police chasing him, stopping only after he crashed into trash cans.

I can't say anything about how much effort his parents have put into Chad's rehabilitation, but perhaps the publicity will be a wake-up call for him. However, based on his behavior, somehow I doubt it.

oneforone
07-12-2009, 01:26 PM
I think these Dog the Bounty Hunter wannabees just wanted some free publicity and nothing more.

Why else would you report a two bit arrest to the media? What's next are they going to nail one of Kelly Ogle's kids for stealing a grape at Wal-Mart? I have feeling these two will get a little payback courtesy of the Istook family.

After your kids are grown.... your kids are their own people. The only time it becomes an issue is when the parents bail them out.

rondvu
07-12-2009, 01:47 PM
Well, the media attention is special attention.

I'm not a big fan of his dad. I think he's an arrogant, pompous ass, in fact.

The arrest and the circumstances are no big deal. The fact that it's in the paper is.

I agreed with Midtowner.

gmwise
07-13-2009, 07:14 PM
I think these Dog the Bounty Hunter wannabees just wanted some free publicity and nothing more.

Well Chadz gave them a opportunity to be in the limelight.
As for Kelly Ogle please god let him get runned over by a mother looking for grapes on sale

BailJumper
07-14-2009, 10:09 AM

Why else would you report a two bit arrest to the media? What's next are they going to nail one of Kelly Ogle's kids for stealing a grape at Wal-Mart? I have feeling these two will get a little payback courtesy of the Istook family.

After your kids are grown.... your kids are their own people. The only time it becomes an issue is when the parents bail them out.

God, you sound like an Istook, redirecting the blame onto the law when you are unable and unwilling to follow it. Who cares what the bounty hunter's motives were. In fact, I doubt they called the media, more likely the media contacted them. Like was said before it was the son's actions that even made this slightly newsworthy.

TaoMaas
07-14-2009, 10:49 AM
I think this became big news because Chad's dad is known as a conservative.

I think it became news because his dad is famous. That he's a conservative is not so important. If this had been the Governor's daughter that got popped, we'd be hearing about it, too.

PennyQuilts
07-14-2009, 10:58 AM
I think it became news because his dad is famous. That he's a conservative is not so important. If this had been the Governor's daughter that got popped, we'd be hearing about it, too.

Yeah, I think you are right although a lot of people seem to be harder on conservatives on moral issues because they decide they are all a bunch of hypocrites. The problem the conservatives have is that they hold themselves out as the "moral" party and there is just no way that individuals aren't going to mess up. It is easy enough to control policy positions of your members but next to impossible to make sure your members behave in a moral manner as defined by the party. So you can't help ending up looking bad and hypocracy is always news.

TaoMaas
07-14-2009, 11:39 AM
Yeah, I think you are right although a lot of people seem to be harder on conservatives on moral issues because they decide they are all a bunch of hypocrites. The problem the conservatives have is that they hold themselves out as the "moral" party and there is just no way that individuals aren't going to mess up. It is easy enough to control policy positions of your members but next to impossible to make sure your members behave in a moral manner as defined by the party. So you can't help ending up looking bad and hypocracy is always news.

I agree with you. But I think, even if someone initially comes under fire, if they clean up their act, then the media will back off. Remember when one of the Bush twins got in trouble early on? It was all over the news. But after that, she stayed out of trouble and we didn't hear much of anything else about her.

BBatesokc
07-16-2009, 03:47 PM

I really don't see how whether or not the Bounty Boys sought publicity is an issue. Anybody who pays any attention to the media knows these guys have been positively featured (not just a story) on KWTV Ch9, KFOR Ch4, and KOKH Ch25 locally. Plus they've been featured nationally and even internationally in the UK and Germany. Like I've said, I know them personally (full disclosure) and they are certainly a rare positive example of bounty hunters. These guys have been featured for catching fugitives that the Feds couldn't even catch.

No name schmoes make the news every day. This was news because of the name, the fact the arrest was caught on tape, and most importantly because Chad acted like an ass on tape.

As for 'pay back' I think you need a little reality check. He's a washed up politician, not the mob.

kevinpate
07-16-2009, 06:45 PM
Closet Tour 09

Coming Soon to a computer near you

ronronnie1
07-18-2009, 04:29 AM
lol this story just warms my heart.

Bostonfan
07-18-2009, 06:26 AM

You're kidding right??