View Full Version : Russell Stover

selk1
07-07-2009, 01:40 PM
The Russell Stover sign says the store is closed. Was it he wrong location for that type of store? Is this the first of the new construction to close?

ndmoore
07-07-2009, 01:53 PM
Can we park there to eat at Buffalo now? Or are we going to risk getting towed?

Jesseda
07-07-2009, 02:07 PM
it was a neat little store, but common, a store that tries to sell almost everything candy and lot of times it stuff you find at walmart for the same price...

SoonerDave
07-07-2009, 02:20 PM
Sign says the store closed on June 21, if I recall correctly. We went in there a few times, but primarily only at Christmastime, and I always thought it was a tough sell the rest of the year...

oneforone
07-07-2009, 04:35 PM
That was just a bad location for that type of store. They should have built in Norman off Ed Noble or near OU. OU Students alone would have kept the place in business with coffee and ice cream sales.

Jesseda
07-08-2009, 07:20 AM
if maybe, they advertised that they sold ice cream and special drinks they might of had a go of it, the ice cream was pretty good, thats the only reason my wife and kids went those couple of times..

bluepickle
07-09-2009, 02:37 PM
We never went there until one day we stopped in before Halloween and saw that they had ice cream, who knew! The did a terrbile job of letting people know all that the offered. hopefully someone can move in the and do a better job of marketing themselves.

okyeah
07-09-2009, 08:24 PM
That was just a bad location for that type of store. They should have built in Norman off Ed Noble or near OU. OU Students alone would have kept the place in business with coffee and ice cream sales.

doubt it...Crimson Ice Creamery in campus corner had a similar concept (coffee and ice cream) and still closed pretty quick.

flintysooner
07-09-2009, 09:00 PM
I heard Henry Hudsons.

Jesseda
07-10-2009, 08:06 AM
lol henry hudson right next to buffalo wild wings, man thats going to turn it into a bad area at night

SeinfeldBlock
07-10-2009, 09:29 AM
Can we park there to eat at Buffalo now? Or are we going to risk getting towed?

That is exactly what I thought when I heard the news....lol.

yukong
07-11-2009, 09:41 PM
I heard Henry Hudsons.

I spoke to a Russell Stover representative today and was told that indeed, Henry Hudsons has bought the building and land. Russell Stover owned the land and structure, and Henry Hudsons offered them too much to pass. She said that RS had been making a profit for the past 2 years, but were just offered too much money. They are apparently looking for another place in that area to build.

Martin
07-12-2009, 06:47 AM
^
very interesting news. also glad to hear that there's a chance for rs to open up another store in the same general area. -M

Easy180
07-12-2009, 09:11 AM
Interesting...Gone from practically no bars in Moore to 4 now(?) with Louie's also going in...Good thing is the bars will have to have some solid happy hour pricing to compete with Hudson's 30 watered down beers for $10

Wild Wings and McGuinness will certainly be affected by a HH and a Louie's coming into town

Luke
07-16-2009, 08:24 PM
Russell Stover owned the land and structure, and Henry Hudsons offered them too much to pass. She said that RS had been making a profit for the past 2 years, but were just offered too much money. They are apparently looking for another place in that area to build.

Everybody has a price...

russellc
07-20-2009, 08:54 AM
Russell Stover should look into leasing space in the shopping center by Alfredo's, rather than building new, again. I think the overhead would be lower.

teachergirl
07-26-2009, 01:52 PM
well the store at north may has a continuous empty parking lot. why in the world would they build another one in moore??

russellc
07-27-2009, 08:11 AM
because as yukong mentioned, they were making a profit

bluedogok
07-27-2009, 10:13 AM
Russell Stover should look into leasing space in the shopping center by Alfredo's, rather than building new, again. I think the overhead would be lower.
It depends, they evidently made a pretty good profit investing in their own location or else they wouldn't have sold out to Hudson's.

well the store at north may has a continuous empty parking lot. why in the world would they build another one in moore??
It is the type of businees where people are in/out in a hurry, cars don't stay in the lot very long. They may have a pretty hefty call-in business much like a florist shop.

CS_Mike
08-02-2009, 10:23 AM
I heard the other day that this building was actually going to become an Old Chicago rather than a Hudson's. This came from my mortgage rep who says that she is on the Chamber of Commerce.

She also mentioned that Moore would be getting either a Red Lobster or an Olive Garden. I can't stand Olive Garden, so I'm hoping for the Red Lobster.

Easy180
08-04-2009, 07:20 PM
Old Chicago sounds reasonable since they bought out Pearls to nab their southside location...I would much rather have an Old Chicago

SoonerDave
08-05-2009, 07:10 AM
Old Chicago sounds reasonable since they bought out Pearls to nab their southside location...I would much rather have an Old Chicago

Yeah, I love Old Chicago, but I *hate* that former Pearl's location. It's just too small and claustrophobic. Most folks may not remember that space started out as a taco stand about 20 years ago...and its still the same width :smiley

bluedogok
08-05-2009, 11:20 AM
Was that Pearl's a Two Pesos?

Charlie40
08-05-2009, 11:49 AM
Yes it was

SoonerDave
08-10-2009, 02:51 PM
Hmmmm...I can't help but wonder if Old Chicago is, in fact, heading into that former Russell Stover's location, would that suggest the I-240 location may be moving? Or will both continue to opearte??

I know, idle speculation at this point, but I can't help but wonder..

Easy180
08-10-2009, 07:09 PM
Yeah, I love Old Chicago, but I *hate* that former Pearl's location. It's just too small and claustrophobic. Most folks may not remember that space started out as a taco stand about 20 years ago...and its still the same width :smiley

I agree...Bar isn't nearly big enough for an Old Chicago...Not sure they made the best choice with nabbing that location

kbsooner
08-14-2009, 07:17 AM
Drove by the other day and saw they were demo'ing the awning around the building. Is Old Chicago official?

MikeLucky
08-14-2009, 08:29 AM
I heard it was going to be a poblano grill....

SoonerDave
08-14-2009, 09:51 AM
I heard it was going to be a poblano grill....

OKay, Wichita, why do I think you're saying that JUST to push my buttons???

:LolLolLol

MikeLucky
08-14-2009, 09:56 AM
OKay, Wichita, why do I think you're saying that JUST to push my buttons???

:LolLolLol

I would like to say I was just executing a brilliant plan to mess with you.... but I'm not... It's gonna be a poblano grill according to the sign in front of the building..... I'm sure Alfredo and Ricky are both ecstatic....

SoonerDave
08-14-2009, 10:03 AM
I would like to say I was just executing a brilliant plan to mess with you.... but I'm not... It's gonna be a poblano grill according to the sign in front of the building..... I'm sure Alfredo and Ricky are both ecstatic....

AAAAAAAAIIIIIEEEEEEE

not another Mexican RESTAURANT

MsDarkstar
08-14-2009, 10:07 AM
WTF, ANOTHER one?? Isn't that what they're replacing Interurban with on I-240?

Charlie40
08-14-2009, 11:10 AM
WTF, ANOTHER one?? Isn't that what they're replacing Interurban with on I-240?

Yes

Dio
08-14-2009, 04:00 PM

The crazy thing is, they closed their old location on Ed Noble to open the one in Moore.

kevinpate
08-14-2009, 06:43 PM
So long as one taco bell remains standing, there remains room for another tex-mex establishment.

Easy180
08-14-2009, 07:27 PM

That's about as smart as the Sunny Side up or whatever it's called going in next door to the other 500 breakfast places around 19th

Old Chicago would have done much better....Probably be in there within a year anyway when Poblano realizes they made a stupid move

kbsooner
08-18-2009, 09:18 PM
AAAAAAAAIIIIIEEEEEEE

^^^ This ^^^

hagrid
08-25-2009, 04:08 AM
AAAAAAAAIIIIIEEEEEEE

LOL. SoonerDave, you crack me up. Now, I am waiting for someone to say, "there are no REAL mexican restaurants in OKC, only tex-mex."

I had a typo and called it tex-mess.

craigbanks
09-06-2009, 08:26 PM
I drove by there today and noticed a sign out front that said it would be a Poblano Grill which is mexican. When we lived in Edmond we used to frequent the Polano's there and the food was excellent. So I think this will be a nice addition to Moore. Matter of fact we would still drive all the way to Edmond to eat there, so it will save alot on gas yeah!

craigbanks
09-06-2009, 08:32 PM
Sorry Wichita Sooner i see you already posted that info, my bad. But I might add they are much better than Alfredo's and Ricky's they have some papa tejanos and sophipias with a sugary icing that are to die for.

TheTravellers
05-18-2018, 08:16 PM
The one on May/NW 56th-ish has been closed for a long time, but now there are dumpsters and a small front-loader and other pieces of heavy equipment there, didn't see a sign, but something must be happening...

SoonerQueen
05-18-2018, 11:20 PM
The one on May/NW 56th-ish has been closed for a long time, but now there are dumpsters and a small front-loader and other pieces of heavy equipment there, didn't see a sign, but something must be happening...

Russell Stovers is at the Outlet Mall now.

TheTravellers
05-19-2018, 07:37 AM
Russell Stovers is at the Outlet Mall now.

I'm just wondering what's going in at their old location on N May. Didn't realize this thread was in the Moore sub-forum, mods may want to start a new one in the general retail forum for the N May location.