View Full Version : Sleepy Hollow

rondvu
07-06-2009, 05:11 PM
I have not been by the Sleepy Hollow restaurant in some time. Soon after it opened I stopped by and had really delicious chicken. Not the same recipe, but non the less still delicious. Two weeks later I took some friends to taste the chicken and it was horrible. Is Sleepy Hollow still open, if so how is the chicken? :chef:

OKCisOK4me
07-06-2009, 05:38 PM
I thought I heard that it closed down a couple years back. I always liked that place. Don't remember if I ever had the chicken though or not, as it has been many years since I was last there!

tuck
07-06-2009, 06:38 PM
closed...

Midtowner
07-06-2009, 08:16 PM
It closed and reopened in 2007. Did it close again?

Had a terrific meal there before a law prom. Bummer if it's gone. Food was okay, atmosphere was hard to beat.

bandnerd
07-06-2009, 08:49 PM
I don't recall having eaten at Sleepy Hollow before a law prom, dear.

1L: Didn't eat out--it was down the street!
2L: Haunted House
3L: Musashi's
4L: The Mantle

Just had to throw that out there...so I could say YOU'RE WRONG! HAHAHAHAHA ;) :irule:

Steve
07-06-2009, 08:56 PM
Tuck, I fear that if that place stays empty much longer, it will end up vandalized, what have you, to the point it can't come back. Can a restaurant still work there? Or has the site's legacy been damaged beyond repair?

Midtowner
07-06-2009, 09:09 PM
I don't recall having eaten at Sleepy Hollow before a law prom, dear.

1L: Didn't eat out--it was down the street!
2L: Haunted House
3L: Musashi's
4L: The Mantle

Just had to throw that out there...so I could say YOU'RE WRONG! HAHAHAHAHA ;) :irule:

doh... okay. Forget I said that. I always got the two mixed up (they couldn't be any more different). Sleepy Hollow was an interesting place though. It was one of those dining places which had a sense of history. Like the County Line BBQ (formerly the Kentucky Club).

But you're right... I'm wrong.

That's once.

kevinpate
07-07-2009, 04:31 AM
... That's once.

more.

tuck
07-07-2009, 08:03 AM
Tuck, I fear that if that place stays empty much longer, it will end up vandalized, what have you, to the point it can't come back. Can a restaurant still work there? Or has the site's legacy been damaged beyond repair?

It will take a ton of money and even more PR work to get Sleepy Hollow back to the experience it once was. I do think something needs to happen fast or it will continue to fade.

Steve
07-07-2009, 08:11 AM
What's ironic is the neighborhood around it seems to be in the best shape it's been in a very long time.

kevinpate
07-07-2009, 08:15 AM
It would be nice to see it back, but only if it was the Sleepy Hollow of old, not the more recent incarnations. the kind of place that could make any old Jabba the Hut zoom across the state in even a sluggish cruiser loaded with Ewoks no less, just because it was known to be worth the trip.

Sleepy Hollow - The Way Yer Daddy Liked It
If otherwise, then it would be better to doze it, pave it over and place an RIP rock on the spot.