View Full Version : Trip Advisor Rigged - Joe's Addiction Ranked #1

BBatesokc
07-04-2009, 06:52 AM
The wife and I like to use sights like TripAdvisor.com to read insights on new places to explorer from restaurants to attractions.

Recently TripAdvisor pointed us to an awesome zipline tour in SpiceWood, TX.

However, I'm starting to lose faith in their service and rankings when this morning I searched for the top restaurants in OKC and #1 came back as Joe's Addiction in Valley Brooke!

Obviously the reviews were placed by a owner/employee as they were all posted within 48-hours of each other.

How can TripAdvisor allow their site to be manipulated in such an obvious way?

I must admit I've never been there. Mainly due to their location being bookended by strip bars on SE 59th.

I have driven by and I never see more than 1-2 cars. It does look like it was decorated nicely enough. So much so it looks really out of place. But hey, I guess the strippers need somewhere to caffeine up and the guys need somewhere to park their car that is not in front of Valley of the Dolls!

If anyone has actually been there, can you consider placing a real review of this place.

It just really twists me wrong to think when people go to TripAdvisor they think this is the best OKC has to offer.

mooshie
07-06-2009, 07:09 AM
That's amusing. I have never even heard of Joe's Addiction. Do you use UrbanSpoon?

Oklahoma City Restaurants | Urbanspoon (http://www.urbanspoon.com/c/46/Oklahoma-City-restaurants.html)

Urbanspoon is a great site to read and leave reviews and vote for restaurants you like and dislike. Urbanspoon is kind of confusing though on how it determines the best restaurant in OKC. It's based on how many vote it has and what percentage of positive votes. So a restaurant that has many votes, but has a lower percentage will be placed higher than a restaurant that has a higher percentage restaurant wither fewer votes.

Absolut
11-11-2009, 10:58 AM
This happens on many review sites. I have seen it on CitySearch.com and Yelp.com