View Full Version : 4th of July?

spaceannie54
07-01-2009, 11:49 PM
Does anyone know if Tinker still has fireworks on the 4th of July? I tried to find out online, but couldn't.
I found that they will have fireworks at Regional Park though.

I would go downtown, but it's always so hard to find good parking and it's sooooo crowded!!

Thanks,
Annie

Jesseda
07-02-2009, 07:51 AM
try the celebration of the heartland in moore, its suppose to be the one of the bigger events going on in the metro, carnival rides, arts in the park, fireworks, craft booths etc

DaveSkater
07-02-2009, 08:17 AM
Go buy your own and meet us at the Wild Horse Park and join the celebration!! (Mustang)

Best time in the state! Truly if you've never seen it, you should.

bombermwc
07-02-2009, 09:15 AM
They didn't do the air show or anything this year. I'm guessing they cut back on costs. Maybe you could call the city to see if they know.

spaceannie54
07-02-2009, 01:16 PM
Thanks you guys!
We might try Moore, we went there a couple years back and it was fantastic!
Wish we had more $ to buy our own!! lol

I will call the city and see about Tinker as well.

The in-laws are coming down from Bartlesville, so anywhere that they can sit down is best for sure!! lol

Annie

spaceannie54
07-02-2009, 01:23 PM
Ok, well I just called Tinker and they said that they ARE NOT doing fireworks this year!!!
Bummer, It's always so easy to park there off of 29th somewhere...

Well, I'm thinking Moore or Regional Park this year!

Maybe someone is doing them tomorrow night as well, I could take my daughter for her birthday!! :bright_id

kay
07-02-2009, 02:15 PM
The Tinker Air Show is always dependent on when the Blue Angels are available. Binghampton, New York gets them this year.

Lurker34
07-02-2009, 02:55 PM
Go buy your own and meet us at the Wild Horse Park and join the celebration!! (Mustang)

Best time in the state! Truly if you've never seen it, you should.

I agree, however do not, repeat do not bring any type of alcohol including low point (3.2) beer. There were signs posted saying anyone consuming or in possession of any alcohol will be fined $500. I think they mean it.

Redskin 70
07-03-2009, 07:01 AM
Both Bethaney and Edmond are having fireworks displays
Oklahoma city also.
The tinker fireworks display couldn't raise funds this year to offset the cost.
The eastern Oklahoma county tourism committee couldnt raise the $50,000 necessary to put on the show this year............Thats according to mwcity

usmbubba
07-03-2009, 03:00 PM
While working today I noticed a flier for fireworks at Regional Park

Thunder
07-03-2009, 03:36 PM
There will be a concert and fireworks at a park in MWC. News 9 showed a different park name apart from Regional Park, but could be the same park?

ejillparker
07-03-2009, 05:05 PM
Hell, just come out to Choctaw. The citizens have already started their own annual fireworks extravaganza. It usually lasts from about June 28th until July 8th. It runs from about nine am until well past midnight. The fourth is the big day however. You can come to my house and pull up a lawn chair. And don't let the fact that the houses in my neighborhood are only about ten feet apart scare you, it is perfectly safe. The citizens manage to procure professional firework displays somehow and I am sure they have been trained and follow all safety precautions. The place will be lit up like a Christmas tree. The dogs love it. And maybe you could stay afterward and help clean up the two feet thick fireworks debris field covering my front and back yard. Oh and bring a ladder because I am afraid of heights and I need some help cleaning the parachute men and streamers out of the gutter.

Have a safe 4th!

kay
07-03-2009, 08:41 PM
Tribute to Liberty | City of Midwest City (http://www.midwestcityok.org/tribute-to-liberty)

Regional Park is having a fireworks show at 10:00. Best viewing is from the softball fields. I should have mentioned that in my tinker post.

spaceannie54
07-04-2009, 12:58 AM
Ok, thanks you guys!
Sounds like MWC might be best if seating is good.

kay
07-04-2009, 10:47 PM
It was awesome. The rain chased most of the crowds away. Parking was great. And the rain parted just long enough to enjoy the show. My 9th month old oohed and ahhed through even the biggest boomers of her first fireworks. Thanks to MWC police who were on patrol, directing traffic and keeping us safe.

mmonroe
07-06-2009, 12:59 PM
We could see everything from over in kennington, great view of choctaw fireworks, midwest city's, downtown (very faint) and neighbors. crazy fun times though.