View Full Version : Arrowheads?

Karried
06-30-2009, 11:41 AM
My little nephew visiting from Florida found a real Arrowhead at Lake Arcadia yesterday .. ( out of all of the fun things we've done the last few weeks, this was his Thrill of the Visit so far!) He is so excited about this and wants to collect them and he has plans to bubble wrap it and put it in his backpack to protect it, lol.

So, I'm wondering, are there places to hike or go that have a surplus of arrowheads.. any parks, areas that you might suggest for us to go on an Arrowhead hunt?

Help please!

jstanthrnme
06-30-2009, 03:03 PM
I'd think Roman Nose State Park would be a good spot.

The canyons there provided a protected encampment for Cheyenne Indians during the winter.

I'd start by hiking around the creekbeds of the Spring of Everlasting Waters in the western part of the park. Even if you don't find any, it'll be fun for a kid to play in cold water on a hot day.

Karried
06-30-2009, 03:12 PM
Awesome.. that's exactly what I'm looking for Thanks!

okieteach
06-30-2009, 07:11 PM
I'd think Roman Nose State Park would be a good spot.

The canyons there provided a protected encampment for Cheyenne Indians during the winter.

I'd start by hiking around the creekbeds of the Spring of Everlasting Waters in the western part of the park. Even if you don't find any, it'll be fun for a kid to play in cold water on a hot day.

Oooh...tell me more about this! This sounds like it'd be a gorgeous place to walk around. Is it free to get in the park? How far is the Spring of Everlasting Waters from the trails? Thanks in advance!

DaveSkater
07-01-2009, 08:03 AM
Yeah, Roman Nose is totally cool! Those underground springs are ICE cold.

Arrow heads, aside from being cool to collect can be VERY valueable! Good luck and happy hunting.

venture
07-01-2009, 08:34 AM
Very cool find. It is always fun to find something historic like that. The family home I grew up in was very close to the area where the main battles for the Northwest Indian War took place back in the 1790s. Every spring when the farmer plows up the back field, it makes for a relaxing evening to go for a walk and look down. So far I think we have somewhere close to 4-5 dozen arrowheads, spearheads, perfume bottles, and pieces of pottery.