View Full Version : Good Place to get Window Tinting done?

Armani
06-30-2009, 10:00 AM
Does anyone know a good cheap with lifetime warranty tinting place in NW OKC or Edmond?

I heard lots of good things about Superior Window Tinting in Edmond on 4th and Broadway but they are very busy and can only take cars up to 3 pm and I don't get off work till 4pm at the earliest.

Just wondering if anyone knows a good place that also opens a little later and maybe on the weekends?

Thanks

Luke
07-02-2009, 09:54 PM
I don't know about their warranty, but we got both of our cars tinted the darkest we could legally go on all windows (except the front, of course) at Automax Hyundai in Del City. They did an outstanding job and those guys are some of the nicest and honest guys you'll see in a dealership service center.

BBatesokc
07-04-2009, 06:33 AM
I've always had my windows tinted at Adam's Auto Tinting in Bethany. I probably had my first car tinted there in the 90's. No idea what the warranty is, but I'm sure it was good. I've never had to go back.

I've done everything from light tint, to a slightly colored tint to blacked out all around.

They'll put the illegal stuff on if you want, but it is hard to see out of at night.

I've never gotten a ticket.

The cost was always very reasonable and I was in/out within as couple of hours.

I had a friend who had them tint the windows of his house. Looked great for his modern style.

I always have a main car and 1-2 extras for work. Those cars I always have tinted very dark and change the cars out every couple of years. SO, they've probably tinted 8 or nine cars for me so far with great success.

kevinpate
07-04-2009, 04:55 PM
by no means a dig, but given some of your work, I'm a touch surprised you don't find it necessary to change cars out more often.

BBatesokc
07-07-2009, 11:02 AM
by no means a dig, but given some of your work, I'm a touch surprised you don't find it necessary to change cars out more often.

Every couple of years works pretty good. I've used the same car day after day for months with no problems. You tend to only catch an individual 'John' once and the hooker couldn't care less.

ultimatesooner
07-07-2009, 11:22 AM
we always tint our own

westsidesooner
07-07-2009, 01:03 PM

no digs here either and forgive me but I just cant resist. :butbutbut Maybe it should have been the Johns that got their windows tinted. Im glad someone has the gnads to get that kinda filth off the streets.

:backtotop Armani...Id second the recomendation of Adams in Bethany.

BBatesokc
07-09-2009, 01:46 PM
I've often joked I could make a fortune opening a tinting shop on Robinson with a big sign "Avoid The Video Vigilante, Get Your Windows Tinted Here First!"

There actually is a guy who does tinting out of a van and a tent at SW 29 and S. Robinson. He stays busy and is cheap. He is going to do my son's SUV (Isuzu Trooper) for only $110. No idea if the quality is great or not, but my son is on a budget and he won't have the car longer than a year or two.

Armani
07-10-2009, 07:22 AM
Thanks for the tips everyone.
I decided to go with Superior Auto Sports in Edmond since I heard a ton of great feedback about them from a different forum. The owner, Joe, gives a discount to ok-speed.com forum members. I don't know if it's okay to post another forum on here, but here is the link for anyone else that is interested:

Superior Window Tinting - OK-Speed (http://ok-speed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4127)

I got 15% tint for $100 bucks with lifetime warranty. Joe was very professional and he also works Sat. I had a tough schedule to work around, but he helped out a lot and does odd hour jobs.

Again, thanks for the feedback from everyone.

animeGhost
11-07-2009, 12:03 PM
Audio Midwest 324 W. 33rd St in edmond... They only tint on saturdays but they offer a lifetime warranty!