View Full Version : Where to buy Ginger Beer

Double Edge
06-29-2009, 12:31 PM
When in Canada recently I had a Dark 'n Stormy cocktail, a mixture of dark rum and ginger beer. I've made it my mission to bring that to my own backyard for the 4th of July. Just one problem, I'm not able to find any ginger beer locally.

The recipes say not to use Jamaican style ginger beer. Reeds website lists several ginger drinks including Jamaican style but others that might work and it lists local places I might find them. I tried Akins (nope) and 39th Street Pratts (closed for a long time.)

Any suggestions other than to brew some myself in the next couple of days?

Millie
06-29-2009, 12:52 PM
They used to have it at Albertson's- not sure if the Homeland stores still carry it or not.

tuck
06-29-2009, 01:44 PM
POPS: Home (http://www.POPS66.com)

MadMonk
06-29-2009, 02:02 PM
Isn't ginger beer the same as Ginger ale? You can get that stuff at Wal Mart. Or are we talking about an alcoholic drink?

khook
06-29-2009, 02:58 PM
try the asian markets around classen...

Double Edge
06-29-2009, 03:12 PM
same as ginger ale
Not the same. More ginger, mo betta.

Asian stores
Thought about that. Dark 'n Stormy is a Bermuda drink. Maybe it would translate from an Asian soda. Maybe not.

POPS: Home (http://www.POPS66.com)

ding ding! we have a winner. They have several. I've never been either so it will be a double treat. Thanks for playing.

ksearls
06-29-2009, 07:08 PM
Hi,

I got hooked on Moscow Mules in Winchester England. They are also made with ginger beer. I did find it at Akins on 63rd and it worked great. Don't remember what brand I got but it was in a green bottle.

Try the Mosocw Mule when you find it!

Vodka
Lime Juice
Ginger Beer
A bit of brown sugar

Yummmmmm

SouthsideSooner
06-29-2009, 07:18 PM
Left Hand Brewing Co. make's a ginger beer called Juju Ginger that's available in Oklahoma.

Quicker Liquor keeps it in stock...

MadMonk
06-29-2009, 09:12 PM
Not the same. More ginger, mo betta.

Sounds good. And ksearls' Moscow Mule sounds like a refreshing summer drink. Can't wait to try it.