View Full Version : Surprise!

Thunder
06-27-2009, 03:45 PM
Extensive works is being done on the main building in the shopping center at the 15th and Sunnylane corner. It used to be a grocery store many years ago. The last time a business was in there was selling furnitures. Since then for years, the place remained empty. Now something is being done!

Anyone got inside info on what is going in there?

evh5150
06-28-2009, 06:05 AM
Extensive works is being done on the main building in the shopping center at the 15th and Sunnylane corner. It used to be a grocery store many years ago. The last time a business was in there was selling furnitures. Since then for years, the place remained empty. Now something is being done!

Anyone got inside info on what is going in there?

youre not talking about what used to be shoe warehouse about 20 yrs ago, are you? The arched building?

dmoor82
06-28-2009, 06:50 AM
I used to work in that bldng. for a man named Mr. Flutie at Furniture Discounters for about a year,it was about 8-9 years ago! I remember Jhonny Ross coming in there and doing commercials for us-you know the overweight guy who swings his arm in a circle real fast and talk's fast also,he's a riot! but yes i remember going in that building as a kid, it was a shoe warehouse!

Thunder
06-28-2009, 10:38 AM
Yeah, that's the building. There are people out there remodeling.

okieman1
07-07-2009, 08:01 PM
Rumor from an employee at Ace hardware. it may be an Asian supermarket

Thunder
07-08-2009, 06:02 AM
I wonder if that new business is the cause for the entire shopping strip to have a complete repaved parking surface?

Redskin 70
07-08-2009, 12:44 PM
I hear its a large flea market and bingo parlor going in.
Also hear tell of a Pawn shop..................

Thunder
07-08-2009, 03:38 PM
Rumor from an employee at Ace hardware. it may be an Asian supermarket

Well, that Ace Hardware is gone forever. There is a new business in place.