View Full Version : Glbt pride okc

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

mireaux
06-26-2009, 01:49 PM
And here comes the justification we all knew would show. The same justification that was used to hunt Native Americans in the early colonial days. The same justification that was used during the Spanish inquisition. The same justification for flying planes into buildings. The same justification that was used to exterminate Jews. The same justification that was used to to justify just about every major atrocity in the history of mankind.

"My religion tells me what you do is wrong!"

My point isnt really justification. Its really that humans dont know everything and are subject to many faults. any human declaring themself to be perfect would be incorrect.

God, however, is perfect. He destroyed Sodom, He hasnt destroyed a zoo yet. He handed down a tablet of commandments to humans, not animals.

Animals have instincts, humans have freewill.

Could there be something that could be somehow altering the instinctive natural selection of animals. Im willing to accept that scientific possibilty, but because their could be something biologically affecting the natural order of how animals usually behave,.. not cause its an outright choice the animals are making on their own free accord.

Luke
06-26-2009, 01:54 PM
NOT YOU TOO LUKE!!!! I LIKE LUKE!!!!

...noooo not THAT way!

Well, I'm glad I'm liked! (Or I was liked)

;)

As far as the philosophy of homosexuality, if you will, different folks have different opinions on how people choose/become homosexuality. I was testing one person's theory as to the reason they find to support homosexuality.

I like to follow arguments to their logical conclusion. If one says that nature shows something to be naturally occurring, then the assumption made is that since we, humans, are nature, too, then the same behaviors will not only be seen naturally occurring as well, but should be protected as such.

How far does that extend? What behaviors exhibited by animals can be excused when humans exhibit those behaviors? That's all I'm saying.

Heyuri
06-26-2009, 02:02 PM
Well, I'm glad I'm liked! (Or I was liked)

;)

As far as the philosophy of homosexuality, if you will, different folks have different opinions on how people choose/become homosexuality. I was testing one person's theory as to the reason they find to support homosexuality.

I like to follow arguments to their logical conclusion. If one says that nature shows something to be naturally occurring, then the assumption made is that since we, humans, are nature, too, then the same behaviors will not only be seen naturally occurring as well, but should be protected as such.

How far does that extend? What behaviors exhibited by animals can be excused when humans exhibit those behaviors? That's all I'm saying.

Nobody ever said that, you might try reading posts. Somebody said 'It doesn't happen in nature', and thus was shown to be wrong.

westsidesooner
06-26-2009, 02:07 PM
I had no intention of getting involoved in this thread, but it gave me an interesting yet very sobering education on how intolerant some people are. A lot of BS has been thrown out here, much of it if not troolish is simply pure ignorance. Nevertheless, I'm glad circuitboard started this thread. And its shown just why pride parades/events are necessary. Remember the civil rights movement....or womens equal rights?

I'm hoping CB knows what he started. lol. Fastest 100 post thread Ive ever seen. I keep thinking it cant get any weirder but that just shows my ignorance too....then theres this.

when God destroyed Sodom, He killed humans,..He has yet to destroy a zoo infested with gay animals.

Maybe the dinosaurs were gay, but then you probably dont believe in dinosaurs since the bible didnt mention t-rex. I guess the animals in the zoos in New Orleans and Homestead were gay too.

mireaux
06-26-2009, 02:11 PM
Mireaux,

I have three questions I'd like you to answer:

1. At the risk of opening up a big can of worms, here's #1. Do you believe in hermaphrodism, the concept that people are born with both sets of sex organs?

2. Have you not also noticed, that by their natural "genetic" make-up, some men have more effeminite qualities than others, just as some women have more natural masculine physical attributes than others? (I'm talking basic build and physical attributes, not necessarily the way someone has their hair cut, or dresses.)

If these things are genetically possible, as they most certainly have been PROVEN, then who is to say that there is not a possibility that being gay is not also a generic trait. Our bodies are complex organisms that scientists are just beginning to understand. Something as simple as a shift in our genetic endocrine or hormonal makeup could very likely be the cause. Just because we don't have scientific proof "yet," doesn't mean it isn't a very likely hypothesis. To me, this is a very rational, and plausible, exlplanation.

3. How did you know you were first attracted to females (assuming you are a male), and or males (assuming you are a female)? At what age did you realize this?

1. that does exist in the physical sense. but my conversation leans towards the mental aspects, not the physical. the determination if its a choice, or as some are indicating, a biological genetic stamp forever engraved mentally that is difficult to alter.

2.both genders can possess either feminine or masculine characteristics. the stereotypes for these are largely influences in recent years by media. i.e. the way a hetero man or woman should look. the countless female faces that adorn a myriad of magazines that socially dictate the way a female should look in order to attract a male...and vice versa.

i dont agree with that. in todays realm, there is surmounting social pressures for everyone to align with whatever social group they want to associate themselves with. be in or be out. i believe for the most part that the way someone physically looks is attributed to their family genetics,however, the way that they conduct and dress themselves is attributed to their experiences and choices.

if a man possesses a face that is socially deemed as more feminine than masculine, it doesnt automatically declare any insufficiency at his ability to successfully attract female mates. and vice versa for females to males.

as far as hormonal shifts, it sounds like, for example, that your implying that if a woman has more than average testosterone she will lean towards being lesbian. so by your estimates, every woman that has pronounced facial hair on her upper lip, or possibly even a beard would be lesbian by that conclusion (which is not true at all-hormonal shifts alone dont determine sexual orientation, there is still the choice factor involved with it.)

3. during pregnancy, around the 8th week, depending on the gender of the fetus, the revelant hormones of the child to be begin to secrete during this stage. so even after a child is born, its not long at all before they begin to develop and exhibit traits specific to their gender.

as far as the theory of "being born gay", or liking the same sex..its still a choice, even if hormonal shifts may occur-there is hormonal treatment for someone who desires it.

there are key differences between hormonal urges and conscience decision.

Heyuri
06-26-2009, 02:13 PM
I had no intention of getting involoved in this thread, but it gave me an interesting yet very sobering education on how intolerant some people are. A lot of BS has been thrown out here, much of it if not troolish is simply pure ignorance. Nevertheless, I'm glad circuitboard started this thread. And its shown just why pride parades/events are necessary. Remember the civil rights movement....or womens equal rights?

Exactly right! Can't even post an announcement about a parade without facing verbal assault... It really says a lot.

Luke
06-26-2009, 02:15 PM
Most threads do this.

Political threads.

Northside/southside threads.

Religious threads.

It's the nature of message boards.

It's not that bad.

westsidesooner
06-26-2009, 02:17 PM
Exactly right! Can't even post an announcement about a parade without facing verbal assault... It really says a lot.

huh? did I insult you?

edit (sorry) assault

mireaux
06-26-2009, 02:19 PM
Mireaux,

I have three questions I'd like you to answer:

If these things are genetically possible, as they most certainly have been PROVEN, then who is to say that there is not a possibility that being gay is not also a generic trait. ?

well, id like to agree with you, and say that being gay does indeed tend to lean more towards being a GENERIC trait, rather than a GENETIC one.

or was that a typographical error on your part?

JerzeeGrlinOKC
06-26-2009, 02:31 PM
huh? did I insult you?

edit (sorry) assault

I think Heyuri is supporting what you are saying, westsidesooner, a do I. That someone can't even post a thread about a GLBT event without there being verbal spewage on the talkboards.

You are right, the results of this thread really highlight the need for the parade.

FritterGirl
06-26-2009, 02:32 PM
well, id like to agree with you, and say that being gay does indeed tend to lean more towards being a GENERIC trait, rather than a GENETIC one.

or was that a typographical error on your part?

Most def a typo (rare, but a typo indeed). I meant genetic.

Caboose
06-26-2009, 02:36 PM

Cant even make a benign response to an announcement about a parade without facing verbal assault.... It really says a lot.

Luke
06-26-2009, 02:38 PM
If we had a parade every time someone criticized ANY group of people on this board, this would be the Paradin'-est city around.

heh heh

westsidesooner
06-26-2009, 02:49 PM
I think Heyuri is supporting what you are saying, westsidesooner, a do I. That someone can't even post a thread about a GLBT event without there being verbal spewage on the talkboards.

You are right, the results of this thread really highlight the need for the parade.

I hope you're right. And like I said I had no intention of getting involved so deeply in this thread, but some of the comments really kinda brought up some bad memories.

I know a few gay people, some are good friends. I also had a friend in the 80's who was brutally murdered for being gay. They actually gouged his eyes out and put ciggarette butts in there place. To see people post messages saying gays aren't abused or mistreated, discriminated against, is just BS. One poster...Im not going to go back and look it up now said that gay people can be gay but just dont act like it. I guarantee if two gay men went to a concert, football game, or whatever and held hands or kissed.......like straight couples do....they'd probably get their heads kicked in.

Noone chooses to be gay that I know of. Most of them are traumitized by thier parents, their peers, or society. Who would choose that? I'm sick of having to defend people jut for being themselves....and not conforming to what others want or believe they should be.

BTW. Sorry for any typos in advance I dont have my glasses on. Hope everyone has a great weekend however they choose to spend it. Stay cool.

Heyuri
06-26-2009, 03:05 PM

Yes, I was agreeing with westsidesooner.

Cant even make a benign response to an announcement about a parade without facing verbal assault.... It really says a lot.

The very idea of a Gay Pride parade has been called retarded on this thread.
Gays have been accused of being mentally ill in this thread.
Gays have been called unnatural in this thread.
Gays have been threatened with godly annihilation on this thread.
Gays have had their trials with hate diminished on this thread.
The murder of gays has been called made up on this thread.
The assault of gays has been called made up on this thread.

Now, not all of this is you, it has all happened on this thread, and it definitely shows the character of people.

Caboose
06-26-2009, 03:10 PM
Yes, I was agreeing with westsidesooner.

The very idea of a Gay Pride parade has been called retarded on this thread.
Gays have been accused of being mentally ill in this thread.
Gays have been called unnatural in this thread.
Gays have been threatened with godly annihilation on this thread.
Gays have had their trials with hate diminished on this thread.
The murder of gays has been called made up on this thread.
The assault of gays has been called made up on this thread.

Now, not all of this is you, it has all happened on this thread, and it definitely shows the character of people.

Not ALL of that is me? How about none of that is me?

Yet, I have been called ignorant and accused of being a homophobe... by the very people who are demanding tolerance and fancy themselves as progressives.

Heyuri
06-26-2009, 03:20 PM
Caboose - my response to you would be more or less my reply to MadMonk. The only thing I'd have to add is that sexual expression is not just something that humans enjoy in only privacy. Straight people can kiss and hold hands in public. Gay people?? Hardly even the bravest! Gay people aren't fornicating on the parade route... they are just being themselves in the open. The small types of sexual expression are the one's that are the most painful to hold in constantly.

Sorry, that is complete BS.

That was you right? And considering just this year people have been killed for holding hands in public in the US. You have trivialized that murder by calling it BS.

Caboose
06-26-2009, 03:28 PM
That was you right? And considering just this year people have been killed for holding hands in public in the US. You have trivialized that murder by calling it BS.

The statement that gay people cant hold hands or kiss in public is BS. It happens all the time.

People have been killed for being white in the US this year, so by your logic it would not be BS for me to say "People are not allowed to be white in public".
If you were call it BS you would be trivializing that murder.

Furthermore, I was verbally assaulted long before I made that comment by one of you tolerant progressive types.

Heyuri
06-26-2009, 03:34 PM
The statement that gay people cant hold hands or kiss in public is BS. It happens all the time.

People have been killed for being white in the US this year, so by your logic it would not be BS for me to say "People are not allowed to be white in public".
If you were call it BS you would be trivializing that murder.

Id like to see somebody that was killed just because they were white. I can post articles of gays that have been killed just because they were gay. Can you find yours?

Platemaker
06-26-2009, 03:48 PM
there are key differences between hormonal urges and conscience decision.

Okay okay I get you...

One of those that only understand 'gay' as being an act rather than a 'way of being.'

So you obviously have to say that people are only straight or gay when having sex... the rest of the time they are what?? Just people???

It's apparent that this is your case so why would you insist on arguing with people you know are defending their way of being??

My guess is just to push buttons. Just like you knew USG '60 meant 'recognize' instead of 'realize'.... and Fritter Girl meant 'genetic' instead of 'generic.'

Spare us...

Caboose
06-26-2009, 03:55 PM
Id like to see somebody that was killed just because they were white. I can post articles of gays that have been killed just because they were gay. Can you find yours?

Killed for being Hoale | Hawaii Topia (http://www.hawaiitopia.com/?p=41)

Here is a relatively well known case from a couple of years ago which was largely ignored by the mainstream media because it did not fit the leftist narrative that only blacks and gays are victims of bigotry by evil white homophobic conservatives.

Murder of Channon Christian and Christopher Newsom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Channon_Christian_and_Christopher_Newsom )

So there you go. People get killed in the US for being white. By your own logic we must conclude that people are not allowed to be white in public in the US. Now are you going to concede the point or are you going to trivialize these horrific hate crimes?

And AGAIN, I was verbally assaulted by a tolerant progressive long before the comment you have singled out.

mireaux
06-26-2009, 04:16 PM
Okay okay I get you...

So you obviously have to say that people are only straight or gay when having sex... the rest of the time they are what?? Just people???

i dont know where you are drawing your logic. what you said makes no utter sense. youre implying people only exhibit their orientation when they are intimate? , and outside of that, they never do?

thats totally incorrect.

how many love songs are played on the radiowaves at any given time of day, and likewise if someone sings along to the lyrics while driving in their car, wouldnt they be exhibiting their preferred sexual orientation if the song was about a straight couple being in love?

if someone walks into a bookstore and reads a few excerpts from a romance novel, wouldnt they also be exhibiting their preference based upon the material they are reading? whether the material be based on hetero or homo fantasies?

my point is orientation is expressed by a far wider array of avenues than just closed-doors intimacy, as what youre implying.

Heyuri
06-26-2009, 04:17 PM
Killed for being Hoale | Hawaii Topia (http://www.hawaiitopia.com/?p=41)

Here is a relatively well known case from a couple of years ago which was largely ignored by the mainstream media because it did not fit the leftist narrative that only blacks and gays are victims of bigotry by evil white homophobic conservatives.

Murder of Channon Christian and Christopher Newsom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Channon_Christian_and_Christopher_Newsom )

So there you go. People get killed in the US for being white. By your own logic we must conclude that people are not allowed to be white in public in the US. Now are you going to concede the point or are you going to trivialize these horrific hate crimes?

And AGAIN, I was verbally assaulted by a tolerant progressive long before the comment you have singled out.

As for the the murders. The second posting was murdered people happened to be white, not murdered for being white. The first example, yes, I will agree that he was killed for being a tourist. It would take courage to go back to that beach as a non Hawaiian, because of that sort of attitude. And /that/ is what gays have to face.

You were attacked because you wanted to be attacked. People were reacting to comments such calling a gay pride parade 'retarded', and you chose to take their comments as being directed at you.

Caboose
06-26-2009, 04:23 PM
As for the the murders. The second posting was murdered people happened to be white, not murdered for being white. The first example, yes, I will agree that he was killed for being a tourist. It would take courage to go back to that beach as a non Hawaiian, because of that sort of attitude. And /that/ is what gays have to face.

Wrong. The couple in Tennessee were raped, tortured, and murdered for being white. It was a hate crime by everyone's account other than chief of police.

You were attacked because you wanted to be attacked.

Wrong again, I didnt want to be attacked. I simply posted a benign opinion and was verbally attacked for it.

People were reacting to comments such calling a gay pride parade 'retarded', and you chose to take their comments as being directed at you.

Wrong again. The tolerant progressive who verbally assaulted specifically called me out by name.

Caboose, Mireaux, and worthy cook...why would you even bother leaving comments on this thread. Not only that, they are ignorant comments too.

Strike three, you are out.

And, the statement that gay people aren't allowed to kiss or hold hands in public is complete BS.

Heyuri
06-26-2009, 04:31 PM
And, the statement that gay people aren't allowed to kiss or hold hands in public is complete BS.

So, you would go to that beach in Hawaii and walk around proclaiming your a tourist?

Are there neighborhoods you wouldn't walk down as a white person?

Gays have to live with that everywhere, not just certain places. Calling that BS is completely ridiculous. When you can be killed for being white while in school, walking the street in your own neighborhood, or just minding your own business acting no different the a straight couple... Then you can complain. Until then, your just making yourself look bad.

windowphobe
06-26-2009, 05:14 PM
Most threads do this.
Political threads.
Northside/southside threads.

So when's there going to be a Pride Parade on the southside?

(Sorry, that just slipped out.)

evh5150
06-26-2009, 05:30 PM
wow. what did i walk into?

stratosphere
06-26-2009, 06:43 PM
Well im skipping reading through all of the debate in this thread, i do wish everyone well this weekend. Please drink plenty of water if you are going to be out at the parade this weekend. I will probably skip the parade and just hit all of the parties, in fact there is a block party going on right now on 39th street on "the strip" and im getting ready for that. No water will be consumed by me, only booze!

Cheers, and be merry (or gay), and see you there!!

FritterGirl
06-26-2009, 07:39 PM
i dont know where you are drawing your logic.

And I think some people do not understand from where you draw yours. In fact, you came back only to snidely point out a pretty *duh* typo, and did not answer my questions, which I asked you to reply to.

Luke
06-26-2009, 07:44 PM
So when's there going to be a Pride Parade on the southside?

(Sorry, that just slipped out.)

Southside Pride parade! Sounds great! Heck, we could knock out two birds with one stone if we southsiders paraded through Trosper Park.

It's a joke!!

mireaux
06-26-2009, 07:51 PM
And I think some people do not understand from where you draw yours. In fact, you came back only to snidely point out a pretty *duh* typo, and did not answer my questions, which I asked you to reply to.

i answered them. look for post 125 on this thread. they are all there.

FritterGirl
06-26-2009, 08:07 PM
i answered them. look for post 125 on this thread. they are all there.sorry, missed them. Will reply moe in full when I have more time.

Thunder
06-27-2009, 05:38 AM
NOT YOU TOO LUKE!!!! I LIKE LUKE!!!!

...noooo not THAT way!

I like Luke, too, just not that way. Now, if only I could get him to like me!

:backtotop

This got a bit out of control. We're discussing the parade, not how people become a homosexual and all those talks.

I hope everyone have fun and that everything turns out great.

nik4411
06-27-2009, 07:28 AM
Did anyone ever give an answer as to what the parade will consist of? Will there be any floats, marching bands, etc etc??

possumfritter
06-27-2009, 01:05 PM
Did anyone ever give an answer as to what the parade will consist of? Will there be any floats, marching bands, etc etc??

And will there be any Indian Taco's? Can't wait for the State Fair!

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg169/Ruthel25/IndianTaco.jpg

nik4411
06-27-2009, 01:38 PM
That looks mighty tasty!

evh5150
06-27-2009, 01:46 PM
That looks mighty tasty!

I only buy them from Dan's.

Luke
06-27-2009, 01:46 PM
Just over 2 months till state fair! Woohoo!

gmwise
06-27-2009, 02:10 PM
i agree with most of the posters here. okay, youre lgbt proud..cool.... be that-do you own thing.

but why flaunt sexuality pride?. thats like a straight guy wearing a shirt with his wife's picture on it stating the number of times they have been intimate since getting married.

see how retarded it is?

Most straight men do that EVERYDAY....

gmwise
06-27-2009, 02:14 PM
I like Luke, too, just not that way. Now, if only I could get him to like me!

:backtotop

This got a bit out of control. We're discussing the parade, not how people become a homosexual and all those talks.

I hope everyone have fun and that everything turns out great.

Most straight men are either offended in a guy being attracted to them, then again some are pissed when a "known gay guy" has NO Intrest in them!!
And those men who are way to insisited on being straight or being anti gay tends in having a DEEP closet!
Women who have issues with gay men have been hurt by either a husband or boyfriend, or even a son Sally Kern), or even a brother being gay.

gmwise
06-27-2009, 02:17 PM
It's okay for them to have this pride parade, but it is not okay when some goes too far as being nude or wearing the insane outfit (which is basically near nude or exposed body parts). If they want respect from the people, then they must be appropriate.

Thunder, there isnt a uniform for a gay man.
However theres subsets of this group.
Theres bears,leathers and the drags....psst the leathers and the drags scare me most lol.

rondvu
06-27-2009, 02:22 PM
Just a thought on parades and I am just joking, so don't have a cow. We now have the Halloween Parade. Are we opening the city streets to Satin and his followers? Is Oklahoma City becoming the next Sodom and Gomorrah? The bible belt is under attack. Now I know this might seem silly, but I am sure some folks feel that way. I remember as a kid some of the neighbor kids could not watch Bewitched or I dream of Jeannie because their parents did not want their children to be tempted by evil forces. Most of us pick and choose our pet peeves. It reminds me of a line in a movie. "lighten up." Wonder if there will be a band, horses and cotton candy at Sundays festivities?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4da5IptaZE4&feature=related What next?

gmwise
06-27-2009, 02:27 PM
I saw this advertised in the Gazette but it only called it a Pride parade, not a GLBT Pride parade. Are the organizers afraid of the reaction to the parade by hiding its true meaning?

nighttrain,
you have to have been offworld a long time not to know what Pride parade in this context was about.

gmwise
06-27-2009, 02:51 PM
I noticed some of the posters have a rather narrow thoughtset in regards what a gay versus a straight man mannerisms is about.
I retired from USMC, Rank: Master Gunnery Sergeant (MGySgt), served 22 years.Fought in Granada,Lebanon,Panama,Iraq (1st Gulf War).
I'm gay, my partner and I was together for 25 years, he was killed by a drunk driver 7 years ago, the drunk was straight and a stepson of a Oklahoma State Senator.
Being gay is part of me, but its not the only part of me.
Many in the gay community is sometimes "too much in your face" gay.
I cringe sometimes when theres a pride parade in Oklahoma, because,my 1st year here, "a pillar" of the Gay Community screamed "be drunk, be high, be proud", what bothered me was the crowd CHEER, (I like to think the speakers were not working very well).
Theres many gays and gay couples in Oklahoma and OKC, who rather not wear " the Props" the gay uniform, that some alluded too, or be "in your face gay".
I think Pride is a counter result for a weekend of what is being taught and preached in the Churches every weekend.
I hope by taking the time to expain who I am it will encourage you to not be so quick to believe the outright lies being told by both the religous and secular facists.
I hope Pride Weekend goes well.

nighttrain12
06-27-2009, 03:00 PM
nighttrain,
you have to have been offworld a long time not to know what Pride parade in this context was about.

That doesn't answer the question of why they don't put GLBT in the title. I would imagine SF and other more liberal cities do that.

Thunder
06-27-2009, 03:07 PM
gmwise, you should go to the parade in rememberance of your partner. Sad to hear of your loss.

windowphobe
06-27-2009, 04:23 PM
The San Francisco event was called "SF Pride 2009."

I have to figure anyone who doesn't understand the concept of a Pride Parade by now has to have been living under a rock.

stratosphere
06-27-2009, 06:05 PM
I noticed some of the posters have a rather narrow thoughtset in regards what a gay versus a straight man mannerisms is about.
I retired from USMC, Rank: Master Gunnery Sergeant (MGySgt), served 22 years.Fought in Granada,Lebanon,Panama,Iraq (1st Gulf War).
I'm gay, my partner and I was together for 25 years, he was killed by a drunk driver 7 years ago, the drunk was straight and a stepson of a Oklahoma State Senator.
I cringe sometimes when theres a pride parade in Oklahoma, because,my 1st year here, "a pillar" of the Gay Community screamed "be drunk, be high, be proud", what bothered me was the crowd CHEER, (I like to think the speakers were not working very well).
Theres many gays and gay couples in Oklahoma and OKC, who rather not wear " the Props" the gay uniform, that some alluded too, or be "in your face gay".
I think Pride is a counter result for a weekend of what is being taught and preached in the Churches every weekend.
I hope by taking the time to expain who I am it will encourage you to not be so quick to believe the outright lies being told by both the religous and secular facists.

First off i am very sorry for your loss. I know that probably doesnt help much...

Secondly, thank you for your service.

See you around

Platemaker
06-27-2009, 09:07 PM
That doesn't answer the question of why they don't put GLBT in the title. I would imagine SF and other more liberal cities do that.

You would imagine wrong... 'Pride' in this context is synonymous with 'Gay Pride.'

Read the first sentence from this Wikipedia link...

"The San Francisco Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender Pride Celebration, usually known as San Francisco Pride, is a parade and festival held in June each year in San Francisco to celebrate the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgendered people and their allies."

San Francisco Pride - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Francisco_Pride)

MadMonk
06-28-2009, 12:40 AM
When the KKK comes to town, would you defend them from being called slime? When the Aryan Nation comes to down, would you defend them from being called slime? When the Phelps church comes to town, would you defend them from being called slime?
If I wanted to play devil's advocate in a thread about them I could. It might be a fun experiment. I fear that your head might explode though, so be careful what you ask for. :wink:

Sorry, MadMonk, you just can't play devil's advocate with this one. I would keep typing but I think Heyuri hit the nail on the head.Sure I can. And as for Heyuri he's missed the point entirely but we can safely move forward without him.

And by the way, if you actually take the time to read my post I never said that people were not allowed to voice their opinion. I just voiced mine. And here it is again, for the record:

I think people who make bigoted statements on a talkboard are slime.

If you want to call me out for this opinion, well that's fine by me. If you want to say I'm bigoted against bigoted people, well that's fine by me too (although it would be most ridiculous). I'll stand by it until the very end.
Oh man, I'm so relieved that it's all fine by you. That's a huge load off my mind. Whew! But "the very end" sounds so final. Don't be close-minded!

BTW, I never said that you stated that people "were not allowed to voice their opinion", only that if you vehemently disagree you apparently blow a gasket, much as a gay-hater might explode over a pro-gay statement. If one didn't know the context, one could be confused as to side you were arguing. Apparently you briefly lost your normally reserved demeanor and became unhinged. Tsk, tsk. How can you be so intolerant of other's views? For shame! Which is the bigger slime? The hater or those that hate them? LOL, tough to tell. I would expect a "progressive" to end the cycle of hating the hater and the subsequent hater-hater-hater hating that follows. :LolLolLol

Well this was fun. Have a good night (morning).

Matt
06-29-2009, 08:42 AM
Question to my fellow straights:

Any of you change your mind and decide to be gay after being around all those gay people this weekend?

DaveSkater
06-29-2009, 09:27 AM
Matt, I would have, if it weren't for that one thing.....

Karried
06-29-2009, 09:29 AM
Any of you change your mind and decide to be gay after being around all those gay people this weekend?

lol.... that is too funny.

Thunder
06-29-2009, 10:41 AM
Question to my fellow straights:

I don't think people can up and change like that. A lot of straight people tend to pick up personalities from their gay friends, but it doesn't make them a homosexual. Sometime we act funny, act gay, all in good fun.

westsidesooner
06-29-2009, 11:06 AM
I did a little research (no help form the Oklahoman) on the reasoning behind why they have gay pride parades and it all started with the stonewall riots in 1969 when the police raided a bar in NYC. Stonewall riots - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stonewall_riots) I was not surprised that the Daily Oklahoman didnt mention this weekends parade. However there were short mentions of it on all the local tv news programs.

DaveSkater
06-29-2009, 12:39 PM

Very well put. Sorry to hear about your partner, that sucks... and like another poster said, thank you for your service to the country! Salute!

USG '60
06-29-2009, 01:47 PM
I don't think people can up and change like that. A lot of straight people tend to pick up personalities from their gay friends, but it doesn't make them a homosexual. Sometime we act funny, act gay, all in good fun.Thunder, I think Matt did that as a joke. No one is going to change sexual preference because they attended a Gay Pride event or for any other reason. You bit, li'l bro. :pat_head: :wink:

Thunder
06-29-2009, 02:17 PM
Thunder, I think Matt did that as a joke. No one is going to change sexual preference because they attended a Gay Pride event or for any other reason. You bit, li'l bro. :pat_head: :wink:

I know he was playing around. I just wanted to comment on it. :kicking:

USG '60
06-29-2009, 02:50 PM
I know he was playing around. I just wanted to comment on it. :kicking:Just thought I should make sure.:Smiley181

ronronnie1
06-30-2009, 06:55 PM
Oh god you homophobes GET OVER IT. Gays aren't going anywhere anytime soon, so you might as well LET IT GO.