View Full Version : Two boys arrested for crayon drawings

Midtowner
01-26-2005, 07:08 AM
OCALA, Florida (AP) -- Two boys were arrested for making pencil-and-crayon stick figure drawings depicting a 10-year-old classmate being stabbed and hung, police said. The children, charged with a felony, were taken from school in handcuffs.

The 9- and 10-year-old boys were arrested Monday and charged with making a written threat to kill or harm another person. They were also suspended from school.

One drawing showed the two boys standing on either side of the other boy and "holding knives pointed through" his body, according to a police report. The figures were identified by written names or initials.

Another drawing showed a stick figure hanging, tears falling from his eyes, with two other stick figures standing below him. Other pieces of scrap paper listed misspelled profanities and the initials of the boy who was allegedly threatened.

The boys' parents said they thought the children should be punished by the school and families, not the legal system.

Midtowner
01-26-2005, 07:10 AM
Now, as a 9 or 10 year old, I drew some pretty sick stuff. I once turned in a creative writing assignment that resulted in the teacher banning deaths in all future assignments :D

I'd have a rap sheet if I was 9 or 10 today. Scary.