View Full Version : New store fronts in Shops at Moore?

shaws007
06-18-2009, 08:17 PM
Was in the Shops at Moore today and saw what looks like 4 new store fronts between Penny's and Best Buy. Has anyone heard what these may be?

Chase
06-22-2009, 03:05 PM
Hobby Lobby is one.

Jesseda
06-23-2009, 09:08 AM
toysrus is another one

shaws007
06-25-2009, 05:22 PM
I had heard ToysRUs was going to be built over by Home Depot? Was rumored to be a theme style store, but don't see it being anything more than just a run of the mill ToysRUs over in the Shops. Be great to have both of the two stores listed anywhere around here. Thanks for info

Jesseda
06-26-2009, 07:15 AM
wouldnt it be neat if it is a mixed fao style store and toysrus, that would be really neat

Easy180
06-26-2009, 07:59 PM
Know this thread is about the new shops but does anyone else think there is a decent chance the Best Buy site will have a For Sale sign out within a year or two?

Have never seen a decent crowd there..Guess while we are on the subject haven't seen decent crowds at any of the stores aside from JC

MonkeesFan
06-29-2009, 02:25 AM
Know this thread is about the new shops but does anyone else think there is a decent chance the Best Buy site will have a For Sale sign out within a year or two?

Have never seen a decent crowd there..Guess while we are on the subject haven't seen decent crowds at any of the stores aside from JC

I wouldn't be suprised, everytime I go to Best Buy, there are barely any people there

andimthomas
06-29-2009, 05:38 AM
Same with Office Depot. And Petsmart. The only stores that has a decent amount of customers are Ross and Pennys.

SOONER8693
06-29-2009, 08:14 AM
We bought a new computer there in Jan and a new 42" LCD Tv last week. Every time I go in there, there seems to be a steady number of customers.

Jesseda
06-29-2009, 08:24 AM
i shop there weekly from petsmart on down, and saturday it is really busy, petsomart is just as busy as the 240 one, and jcpennies has a good crowd, bed bath and beyond is to small, i do not like it that way to crowded at times. never been inside the office store, best buy has always had a steady flow of people, i think just some psters are getting jealous that moore is geting a lot of good retail...Also to add this along andy alligator owns about 10 acres of land next to its park, they plan on building a water park, that what the employee at the food area told us.

oneforone
06-29-2009, 12:13 PM
Summer is usually a slow time of year of electronics stores. Electronics stores usually make their money during Back to School season, football season, christmas and basketball season. Business falls off just after spring graduation time. When I worked in that field our bosses always encouraged to take vacation this time of year as means of saving the company money. It was pretty common to have 10 people on vacation at the same time.

Best Buy is sound because they have they multiple sources of income unlike Circuit City and some of their other competitors. The only store that may close is 59th and May just because it is an older store;however, they will probably find a new home for it before they close it.

Jesseda
06-29-2009, 12:30 PM
back to school in moore is early this year I believe my little one starts the 12th or 13th of august this year, to me thats pretty early.. Stores are already setting up there back to schools stations if you noticed

oneforone
06-29-2009, 05:49 PM
back to school in moore is early this year I believe my little one starts the 12th or 13th of august this year, to me thats pretty early.. Stores are already setting up there back to schools stations if you noticed

I believe it.... Just like every other holiday the stuff is on the shelves weeks before the official time of year. I know some of the school districts have already issued their school supply list. In a way it makes sense. The economy has left many parents cash strapped. Releasing the list early allows parents to pick up the items a couple at time over the summer instead of dropping a load of money all at once in August.

Easy180
06-29-2009, 07:02 PM
i shop there weekly from petsmart on down, and saturday it is really busy, petsomart is just as busy as the 240 one, and jcpennies has a good crowd, bed bath and beyond is to small, i do not like it that way to crowded at times. never been inside the office store, best buy has always had a steady flow of people, i think just some psters are getting jealous that moore is geting a lot of good retail...Also to add this along andy alligator owns about 10 acres of land next to its park, they plan on building a water park, that what the employee at the food area told us.

I drive by all the stores on the east side daily on the way to and from home and most of the time Best Buy ain't looking great...Definitely don't want it to go but I'm fairly certain they aren't meeting expectations...Hoping it's just the recession

I'm no retail expert but I'm thinking those stores need traffic on weekdays as well as weekends to thrive

Jesseda
06-30-2009, 07:17 AM
hi easy180 i mention that it hasa good crowd on weekends because thats the only time i get to go by that place, i live just a mile away on santa fe and 19th area, but all in all the retail looks likes its doing well in moore, otherwise why would new businesses announce they are building in moore.. Hobby Lobby, rue 21, toysrus, etc

shaws007
07-01-2009, 05:49 PM
I don't think that any of these stores are going anywhere in the near future. The area is just begining to blossom not to mention the city as a whole. It seems that too many people out there want these businesses to fail which makes no sense at all because the more shopping you do in Moore the quicker the roads, schools, and other gripes commonly seen in these threads can and will get the money from our tax dollars to get repaired. Support your local businesses large or small.

yukong
07-03-2009, 09:54 PM
Did the Russell Stover store close? I thought I saw it open this week, but it is no longer listed on their web site, and I called the number listed in the phone book and a recording says it is out of service.

soonerkev
07-04-2009, 08:13 AM
Did the Russell Stover store close? I thought I saw it open this week, but it is no longer listed on their web site, and I called the number listed in the phone book and a recording says it is out of service.

Yeah they closed! In my opionion Russell Stovers was over priced average chocolate. Oh by the way I believe the new slab being laid next store is Lewis Jewelers new location.

Easy180
07-04-2009, 11:29 AM
Oh by the way I believe the new slab being laid next store is Lewis Jewelers new location.

Downer....

Jesseda
07-06-2009, 07:29 AM
whats sad early last week, i decided to take the kids there to get some ice cream and look at there clearance chocolates, only been thre a couple times since they opened, i guess no moore support... there is to many ice cream places in moore

flintysooner
07-06-2009, 11:44 AM
Try Il Dolce Gelato just east of Mazzios off Telephone Road (north of McAlisters). I really like the sorbetto.

Jesseda
07-14-2009, 01:53 PM
so anymore news on the toy store, The lady for economic development on channel 20 said it was a toysrus, amybe it could bea fao/toysrus new type store? since toysrus bought fao out.