View Full Version : Jack in the Box

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Jack
01-16-2006, 11:21 AM
I've heard rumors that Jack in the Box (a great burger joint) is returning to OKC. Anyone know when?

MadMonk
01-16-2006, 11:47 AM
I remember them when they were on 23rd St. Didn't they close down after repeated health-related "issues"? Its been a while so my memory is fuzzy.

Jack
01-16-2006, 11:50 AM
Yeah, they closed because of an E. Coli outbreak in their undercooked food. But, I've heard since that they're thinking about re-entering this market.

MadMonk
01-16-2006, 12:00 PM
I think that'll be a tough sell. People have a long memory when it comes to that sort of thing - even if its a little fuzzy like mine.

The Old Downtown Guy
01-16-2006, 12:41 PM
I've heard rumors that Jack in the Box (a great burger joint) is returning to OKC. Anyone know when?

I would suggest that you take a look at your use of the word "great" in the context of describing the offerings at a Jack In The Box. I also think that "joint" usually has some inference of charm and quaintness when used in the description of a place to eat.

If they are coming, I hope they don't plop their store down in a location that could be well used by an establishement that sells actual food.

escan
01-16-2006, 12:50 PM
I have to agree with Jack on this one...and I'm not much of a chain or fast food fan. I remember the whole "E Coli debacle", yet still eat there every time we go to Texas. Yum!

Patrick
01-16-2006, 12:55 PM
I agree. I think they're better than any McDonalds around. Although, landing Jack in the Box isn't something to celebrate.

HOT ROD
01-16-2006, 03:04 PM
The first e-coli happened here in the Seattle area, yet no stores closed!

Im not sure why OK gets so "jumpy" when things happen. Yes, it happened but nothing closed down here. Why did Jack leave OKC to begin with?

metro
01-16-2006, 04:25 PM
yes, i posted this info almost a year ago. they are finalizing their site selections currently.

Mods can we merge the two Jack in the Box threads?

Intrepid
01-16-2006, 08:29 PM
The Arby's location in Moore used to be a Jack In the Box. I really do not recall eating there when I was younger.

I just remember the joke that they were serving kangaroo meat as to why they closed down. LOL

chrisok
01-16-2006, 09:33 PM
Although, landing Jack in the Box isn't something to celebrate.

Heck, I'd celebrate it. It's without a doubt my favorite fast food place. I've even driven to Ada a few times just to get an Ultimate Bacon Cheeseburger.

writerranger
01-16-2006, 09:44 PM
I love that sandwich (with probably 10,000 grams of fat), that has Canadian bacon, ham, swiss cheese and everything else that clogs the arteries. But wow, that's a good little sandwich. McDonald's can't touch Jack In The Box in my opinion. Though, I would agree with those that say it's nothing to "celebrate" per se. But, I am hungry now with no way for a JITB fix. Seriously, that's one good sandwich.

El Gato Pollo Loco!!!
01-17-2006, 01:51 PM
I don't care what anyone else thinks but I'm definately celebrating if Jack in the Box comes here. It's way better than McDonald's or just about everything else in my opinion (well except White Castles or some true coney joint, but that's a different story). I'd like some now.

Now, I understand that JITB isn't a "high end" resturant that "enhances" a city like OKC and makes people want to visit and can understand that line of reasoning, but it is a different choice for that late night crave (That is if it's going to be open 24 hours like they should be).

BDP
01-17-2006, 02:09 PM
I think it's official: Jack In The Box is better than McDonald's. Way to go Jack! ;)

fromdust
01-18-2006, 12:47 PM
I would suggest that you take a look at your use of the word "great" in the context of describing the offerings at a Jack In The Box.

i agree. jack in the box not very good. it ranks only a hair above mcdonalds.

ibda12u
01-18-2006, 01:20 PM
2 Words,
Fried Tacos

Pete
01-18-2006, 01:32 PM
When I first moved to California, I always preferred Carl's Jr. to Jack-in-the-Crack (Gag-in-the-bag, Jack-in-the-crotch, etc., etc.).

Carl's doesn't seem to be doing very well there and I suspect it's due to taking over all the old Hardee's locations and not really doing much to them.

The Carl's out here are generally clean, bright and have some a nice salad bar and are certainly nicer than Jack.

I suspect if you guys had ready access to Jack you'd grow tired of it pretty quickly.

cedbled
01-24-2006, 10:35 AM
any new news on this yet??? i'm sorry, but this topic is VERY serious business to me.... i appreciate any recent developments on this

cedbled
02-06-2006, 04:08 PM
Hey, for those of you that like the fried tacos, I want you to know that there are 2 Burger Kings in Metro OKC that do serve their version of them.

I know there really is no comparison, but I'll list the locations anyway:
N.W. 23rd & Meridian
I-40 & Meridian

Apparently these 2 are under different ownership than all of the others

metro
02-07-2006, 07:07 AM
Actually they are not under different ownership but my guess is that there is a larger hispanic population in those areas, seems to me that there is, that they would change their menu up a bit.

Jack
02-07-2006, 08:12 PM
When I first moved to California, I always preferred Carl's Jr. to Jack-in-the-Crack (Gag-in-the-bag, Jack-in-the-crotch, etc., etc.).

Carl's doesn't seem to be doing very well there and I suspect it's due to taking over all the old Hardee's locations and not really doing much to them.

The Carl's out here are generally clean, bright and have some a nice salad bar and are certainly nicer than Jack.

I suspect if you guys had ready access to Jack you'd grow tired of it pretty quickly.

Hey, hey, hey. Watch it bud.

Jack
02-07-2006, 08:13 PM
Hey, for those of you that like the fried tacos, I want you to know that there are 2 Burger Kings in Metro OKC that do serve their version of them.

I know there really is no comparison, but I'll list the locations anyway:
N.W. 23rd & Meridian
I-40 & Meridian

Apparently these 2 are under different ownership than all of the others

Jack in the Box ought to move into the old BK locations.

sweetdaisy
02-07-2006, 08:43 PM

There was a "Jack in the Crack" right around the corner from my place in Dallas and I ate there quite often. LOVE Jack in the Box! They have (had?) yummy eggrolls, too! That's a place with enough variety in their menu to never tire of it! (Though I wouldn't eat it every day.)

cedbled
07-18-2007, 06:45 PM
Jack In The Box (http://jobsearch.jackinthebox.newjobs.com/jobsearch.asp?col=dlt&brd=59&C1=&lid=2298&q=)

JOHNINSOKC
07-18-2007, 07:41 PM
Aaaaaawwwwweeeeessssoooooommmmeeeeeee!!!!!:)

xd0nn4x
07-18-2007, 07:59 PM
Theres one in Ada :) i use to live near it

Midtowner
07-18-2007, 08:04 PM
This is good?

Easy180
07-18-2007, 08:12 PM
**Area Coaches oversee 8 to 15 restaurants within a designated area.**

It is one of the better fast food joints out there...Best thing about it is we may get to see more of their commercials...Now those are pretty funny

xd0nn4x
07-18-2007, 08:20 PM
They need a diary queen here! that would be better news seeing the heat.

okclee
07-18-2007, 08:48 PM
EXCELLENT!! more fast food for Okc "the fast food capitol"

tuck
07-18-2007, 09:14 PM
Totally agree!

metro
07-18-2007, 09:59 PM
Wow, this was announced more than 2 years ago and is just now coming to fruition. Oh well, as someone said, it's one of the better fast food chains.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
07-18-2007, 11:59 PM
Jack In The Box (http://jobsearch.jackinthebox.newjobs.com/jobsearch.asp?col=dlt&brd=59&C1=&lid=2298&q=)

Is the job market THAT bad that you're looking on Jack's website?

Know anything about Windows 2003 servers? I've got a MUCH better offer for you ;)

ouguy23
07-19-2007, 01:26 AM
I love Jack in the Box and I'm glad we are finally getting them back! :congrats:

Misty
07-19-2007, 07:50 AM

It is one of the better fast food joints out there...Best thing about it is we may get to see more of their commercials...Now those are pretty funny

No kidding, do you remember the Meaty Cheesy Boys? "ultimate cheese burger....it's just a buck 99"

Dave Cook
07-19-2007, 07:59 AM
You just can't beat life here in America, can ya? :rolleyes:

Yeah for fat food.

Midtowner
07-19-2007, 08:07 AM
I will only shop there when they guarantee their "meat patties" are 100% feces free.

bombermwc
07-19-2007, 08:18 AM
Won't get me there for anything. All I have to do is walk in one and I get nauseated.

Luke
07-19-2007, 08:19 AM
Yeah, what's the deal with Dairy Queen? Every mile or so you find one in Texas and then there are only two in the whole state of Oklahoma? Sometimes a Blizzard is just what I'm looking for!

Easy180
07-19-2007, 08:45 AM
I will only shop there when they guarantee their "meat patties" are 100% feces free.

You lose all the charcoal flavoring that way mid

JWil
07-19-2007, 08:47 AM
Yeah, what's the deal with Dairy Queen? Every mile or so you find one in Texas and then there are only two in the whole state of Oklahoma? Sometimes a Blizzard is just what I'm looking for!

B-R-A-U-M-S. They don't have near the lock on the market in Texas as they do in Oklahoma. They nuked the OKC DQs in the late 90s.

I still miss the one in Stillwater.

I love my Blizzards, but Jack coming to OKC is OUTSTANDING news. Great food for a FF joint.

John
07-19-2007, 09:13 AM
It's a great spot for a late night snack when you don't want to head over to Bobo's.

bigjkt405
07-19-2007, 09:26 AM
I've often wondered what it would take to open a J-I-B here...... I even checked into the vacant Burger King/Shell at I-35 and 23rd street......

metro
07-19-2007, 09:37 AM

Actually they had them here in the metro as recently as a year or so ago. As someone said, Braums really had the market cornered here since Braums started here. DQ started in Texas, hence why they are so popular there. The same thing with Whataburgers down there.

cedbled
07-19-2007, 10:05 AM
Is the job market THAT bad that you're looking on Jack's website?

Know anything about Windows 2003 servers? I've got a MUCH better offer for you ;)

Actually sir even though I am the JITB fiend, my wife is the one looking for a job.
And actually she opened an email she received from monster.com, and that was one of the jobs randomly listed there.

So, of course she told me, and then I posted it.....

It's funny you mention Windows 2003 servers, as I am the Senior Tech for an Educational Software company here in OKC (our company's sponsorship is shown posted on a billboard at the bricktown ballpark) (left outfield).

I met my wife when we both worked as techs at Cox, so she also has experience with all Windows\Mac OSes and some flavors of Linux.
You hiring? If so, Im serious, PM me.

russellc
07-19-2007, 10:45 AM
About there not being Dairy Queens in OK, my mom works at the oklahoma restaraunt supply company, and she heard that some guy in Texas owns the rights to Dairy Queen in OK. He did not take maintain his stores, and he didn't do quality control on anything, and that is why most of them closed.

okclee
07-19-2007, 10:56 AM
About there not being Dairy Queens in OK, my mom works at the oklahoma restaraunt supply company, and she heard that some guy in Texas owns the rights to Dairy Queen in OK. He did not take maintain his stores, and he didn't do quality control on anything, and that is why most of them closed.

I believe that more than the Braum's theory. The last year or so that DQ was in Okc I thought they were dirty inside and out.

OkieKAS
07-19-2007, 11:15 AM
We still have a Dairy Queen in Chickasha.

Sonic, Arby's, McD, Taco Bell, Taco Mayo, KFC.......

NOW....if we could only have our WENDY'S back!

I would gladly trade you Tuesday for a Wendy's burger Today!

Misty
07-19-2007, 11:16 AM
YouTube - Meaty Cheesy Boys Music Video Jack In The Box Commercial (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifUJ5--4tjI)

Check it out............

Easy180
07-19-2007, 11:17 AM
I believe that more than the Braum's theory. The last year or so that DQ was in Okc I thought they were dirty inside and out.

I believe there was actually a walking talking dead guy running the store on 59th & Western

I still remember that dude...Always put a cover over his car every day when he was working

Luke
07-19-2007, 11:40 AM
lol

Doug Loudenback
07-19-2007, 02:24 PM
Where's the DQ in Chickasha, OkieKAS? My wife freaks out because she can't get her DQ anymore around here! Might just have to drive down ... but she can drop me off at that great onion burger place that's been around forever! Best fried onion burgers I ever et! :)

OkieKAS
07-19-2007, 03:22 PM
Oh yeah nothing surpasses J & W Grill!

The DQ (720 Choctaw - right side) is just right on down the street from J & W Grill. (501 Choctaw - left side ) It has been there forever, too.

Some mighty good soft ice cream, but their ice cream cakes I can do w/o.

Another super great lil joint to grab a good bite is Roundup Cafe, which is right on down the street on the Left on Choctaw. I always call it Cowboy's. They have a sweet western motif. Great food for the buck. Even FROG LEGS! Watchouuuuut!

Always proud to have the big city folks down fer a bite and a holler!

J & W is open late on Thursday nights, too.

--Kathy

adaniel
07-19-2007, 03:41 PM
Actually they had them here in the metro as recently as a year or so ago. As someone said, Braums really had the market cornered here since Braums started here. DQ started in Texas, hence why they are so popular there. The same thing with Whataburgers down there.

Actually there really aren't that many DQ's in Texas anymore, courtesy to another OKC based fast food chain (that would be SONIC). There are still some that are holding on. Theres only one in Plano that serves a city of 250k and is routinley packed. I heard theyre trying to make a comeback, but with SONIC having a hold on most of TX and OK I'd say get your blizzard while you can because they will probably be extinct everywhere south of Kansas in about 10 years.

I agree with most of the comments that while the food was tasty the stores were unsightly. If you go there stick to the drive through.

El Gato Pollo Loco!!!
07-19-2007, 04:35 PM
There's a DQ in Clinton as well as one up I-35 on the way to Whichita... And just because Monster. com says there's a listing in OKlahoma City for a J-I-T-B, it does not really mean that they are coming. It's probably more to get you to the one in Ada or Ardmore.

Luke
07-19-2007, 04:42 PM
A listing in OKC for a job in Ada or Ardmore? A commute to a minimum wage job?

Easy180
07-19-2007, 05:56 PM
There's a DQ in Clinton as well as one up I-35 on the way to Whichita... And just because Monster. com says there's a listing in OKlahoma City for a J-I-T-B, it does not really mean that they are coming. It's probably more to get you to the one in Ada or Ardmore.

That may be true Gato, but the job description says they are typically over 8 to 15 restaurants

okcpulse
07-19-2007, 06:04 PM
Ummm, folks there is a DQ in Edmond on 2ns Street. Did you miss that?

fromdust
07-19-2007, 07:15 PM
ummm... gross. then again im not really into fast food. anywho, theres a jib and dq in durant

chrisok
07-19-2007, 07:45 PM

The ad said the job paid 80k. I doubt that it's just for the Ada, Ardmore, and Durant locations.

It sounds pretty promising to me that JITB is making its grand reappearance.

:welcome55 BACK