View Full Version : Jack in the Box

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

kevinpate
03-10-2010, 11:50 AM
The E. side store opens a week from today, construction on the W. side hasn't started.

there ya go

Bunty
03-10-2010, 11:58 AM
Don't most people who been to California wish they would put in an In and Out?

ultimatesooner
03-10-2010, 01:09 PM
people always seem to want the fast food they don't have in their home cities. All my friends from non-Sonic areas always wants some crap from Sonic when they are here.

People from here want JIB, In & Out, etc.

cdbthunder
03-10-2010, 02:45 PM
Don't most people who been to California wish they would put in an In and Out?

My wife from Bakersfield would agree with you.

Hammondjam
03-10-2010, 06:03 PM
did i ask if you cared? nope, sure didn't.

That's the beauty of the forum. Nobody HAS to ask.

Proofreading is a lost art. Try it and avoid being the butt of jokes.

I, for one, don't HAVE to go to the site(although I have perused the whole thing while simutaneously wanting to throw up and laugh at the same time) to KNOW what eating cheap, genetically modified, hormonally enhanced crap will do to the human body. People half my age are scooting around the store with their arse hanging off both sides and it's because of "fake food" that also might get somebody a good case of eColi not to mention the brand new affliction called "diabesity".

Bunty
03-11-2010, 01:40 AM
My wife from Bakersfield would agree with you.

With such a bland and unappetizing name, I don't see how In and Out makes it, except by word of mouth.

Hammondjam
03-11-2010, 05:26 AM
With such a bland and unappetizing name, I don't see how In and Out makes it, except by word of mouth.

The name was all about the new invention of ordering through a two-way speaker and getting your food FAST without ever getting out of your car. Harry Snyder liked to tinker with electronics and he made his own prototype. I'm posting a link to the story here. IN-N-OUT Burger (http://www.in-n-out.com/history.asp)

I read a book on In-N-Out and I seem to remember the owner being friends with the owner/founder of Jack In The Box.

flintysooner
03-11-2010, 05:45 AM
The name was all about the new invention of ordering through a two-way speaker and getting your food FAST without ever getting out of your car. Harry Snyder liked to tinker with electronics and he made his own prototype. I'm posting a link to the story here. IN-N-OUT Burger (http://www.in-n-out.com/history.asp)

I read a book on In-N-Out and I seem to remember the owner being friends with the owner/founder of Jack In The Box.The Snyder's were friends of Carl Karcher Jr.

Stacy Perman is the author of In-N-Out Burger: A Behind-the-Counter Look at the Fast-Food Chain That Breaks All the Rules. I very much enjoyed reading her book and found it to be as much about the drama of families and business as In-N-Out. But knowing nothing about In-N-Out I really did appreciate the unique philosophies behind the company. I think it is a really good book for anyone interested either in family businesses in general or in opening a small business themselves. The book was not authorized and received some criticism although given the circumstances surrounding In-N-Out that's hardly surprising. Perman's work seemed to me to be pretty well done.

Jack In The Box began with Robert Peterson as I understand it.

Bunty
03-11-2010, 11:20 AM

I read a book on In-N-Out and I seem to remember the owner being friends with the owner/founder of Jack In The Box.

So it's Calfornia's Sonic?

flintysooner
03-11-2010, 01:08 PM
So it's Calfornia's Sonic?It is certainly true that Harry Snyder was one of the earliest to employ a speaker system at his restaurant in 1948.

However it seems to me the company is more known for its fanatical dedication to the use of fresh food, commitment to its focused business purpose, refusal to franchise, and employee pay and benefits. And, of course, for its fanatical customers.

Matt
03-11-2010, 01:19 PM

Kind of, only the food's about a million times better.

And you can't get one of these at Sonic:

http://i41.tinypic.com/2j14vbt.jpg

mikesimpsons82
03-11-2010, 04:09 PM
Uh, no. Sonic tastes like dog food compared to In-N-Out.

Jersey Boss
03-12-2010, 09:10 AM
I don't think the concept of labor relations that I&O has would fly in Oklahoma. They actually treat their employees as a viable resource and not as disposable garbage.

cedbled
03-12-2010, 11:01 AM
So, to all my folks in Norman: is it open yet, or what?

cedbled
03-12-2010, 11:02 AM
The E. side store opens a week from today, construction on the W. side hasn't started.

Aiight, so is it open today, or.....

metro
03-12-2010, 11:51 AM

I wouldn't say that, Fatburger is closer in concept. I like In & Out, but don't see what all the fuss is about, it's like a stripped down version of McDonalds. Almost exact same fries, oh and they have like 3 main burger choices all of which taste similar to McDonalds double cheeseburger. Oh and you can make it "Animal Style" which tastes almost identical to Big Mac sauce (french dressing stuff). California also has Fat Burger (nasty IMO). I'd MUCH rather have a 5 Guy's Burger than In and Out anyday.

cedbled
03-12-2010, 06:28 PM
NORMAN PEOPLE, help me out: is it OPEN yet?!?!?!?!

venture
03-12-2010, 06:36 PM
Didn't notice tonight...and I was right there. LOL

cedbled
03-12-2010, 06:42 PM
Didn't notice tonight...and I was right there. LOL

yeah, that is pretty funny......ooooOOOOOOOOOTAY, anybody with two eyes in norman that knows if they opened today?

MsDarkstar
03-12-2010, 06:52 PM
I went by after work. They are NOT open yet. Sign out front says "Opening Soonish" and it looks like they're still doing some work inside.

venture
03-12-2010, 08:02 PM
yeah, that is pretty funny......ooooOOOOOOOOOTAY, anybody with two eyes in norman that knows if they opened today?

Someone's bitchy today. :-P

kevinpate
03-13-2010, 09:00 AM

Soonish remains the best answer available.

mikesimpsons82
03-13-2010, 09:12 AM
I wouldn't say that, Fatburger is closer in concept. I like In & Out, but don't see what all the fuss is about, it's like a stripped down version of McDonalds. Almost exact same fries, oh and they have like 3 main burger choices all of which taste similar to McDonalds double cheeseburger. Oh and you can make it "Animal Style" which tastes almost identical to Big Mac sauce (french dressing stuff). California also has Fat Burger (nasty IMO). I'd MUCH rather have a 5 Guy's Burger than In and Out anyday.
Yep, almost the exact same fries, except In-N-Out's are made fresh in front of your eyes and the Double Double tastes nothing like a McDonald's double cheeseburger. You must have one hell of a palate.

SkyWestOKC
03-13-2010, 01:20 PM
Anyone know the date the Moore location will be open? I am ready to have some tacos!

MsDarkstar
03-13-2010, 03:27 PM
JIB website says mid-summer for the Moore location.

Went by the Norman location last night, sign said "Opening Soonish" & it looked like some work was still going on inside.

Not sure when the other locations are set to open.

Watson410
03-22-2010, 06:51 PM
Looks like they broke ground today! It's behind the Shell on the corner of Air Depot and SE 29th. I ate at Jack in the Box last weekend in Dallas, and i'm not sure I'm a fan... I mean don't get me wrong it's alright, but nothing special. I'm just excited we're getting other places that people from other states know and love (i.e. someone from TX moves to OKC and LOVES Jack in the Box, until now there wasn't ANY!) Another example, someone moves from OKC to Colorado and LOOOOVES Braums.... well.. there isn't one! lol... Anyways, I'm glad to see they're moving dirt!

decepticobra
03-22-2010, 07:47 PM
someone moves from OKC to Colorado and LOOOOVES Braums.... well.. there isn't one! lol... Anyways, I'm glad to see they're moving dirt!

there wont be any Braums outside of a 250 mile radius of Tuttle. Mr. Braum likes to ensure every store recieves stuff fresh from his family farm.

Watson410
03-22-2010, 08:01 PM
there wont be any Braums outside of a 250 mile radius of Tuttle. Mr. Braum likes to ensure every store recieves stuff fresh from his family farm.

proving my point even more..

MrBigglesworth
03-26-2010, 09:06 AM
When is this place gonna open up?

Keep checking their website and it's still only showing Ada/Ardmore.

Soonerman
03-28-2010, 01:02 AM
Whataburger > Jack in the Box

rcjunkie
03-28-2010, 02:17 AM
When is this place gonna open up?

Keep checking their website and it's still only showing Ada/Ardmore.

Was told it was scheduled to open early last week, didn't happen. It looks finished, all the landscaping is done, but theres' still a sign in front that reads "Opening Soonish". I drive by this location a few times a week, I'll post when it's open.

smooth
03-28-2010, 08:29 AM
Whataburger > Jack in the Box

What does your post mean?

MrBigglesworth
03-29-2010, 11:57 AM
Whatburger "is greater than" Jack in the Box is what it means > is the greater than symbol in mathematics.

jc_4
03-30-2010, 08:38 AM
dont know if they are still planning on the jack in the box but they are clearing out that land right behind the circle k

bombermwc
03-31-2010, 03:31 PM
Keep that side of Town Center in your sights. Mid-Del has approved plans to sell off West Side and will be vacating it for the 10-11 school year. That building being there has kept several folks from building because of the requirement that places selling alcohol have to be so far from a school. Mid-Del hasn't really had a good use for the building for years anyway, they just put stuff in it to make use of the building. Now that they are vacating, the lots from Town Center right up Air Depot will be contiguously vacant. That leaves a lot of room for the imagination!!!!

Mydalmationis8
04-04-2010, 07:55 PM
I saw a tanker truck with CO2 markings on it today (Easter Sunday). I have to assume the carbon dioxide is for the soda dispenser and that opening day is very near. Who would deliver provisions on Easter Sunday unless it was needed immediately?

Chase
04-04-2010, 09:46 PM
Broken Arrow location opens tomorrow so I am sure the others are opening soon.

Chase
04-06-2010, 11:52 AM
The Tulsa World article about Jack in the Box this morning has corporate officials saying the Norman location will open May 10.

venture
04-06-2010, 12:16 PM
Wow another month. They must be having issues hiring for it or something.

cedbled
04-06-2010, 12:56 PM
soonish....HA!

ljbab728
04-06-2010, 11:18 PM
People may be surprised that just as Oklahomans may get excited about a Jack in the Box opening, Californians get excited about a Sonic opening. We are all always just looking for something new and different even if it isn't better.

NickFiggins
04-08-2010, 07:20 PM
Whatburger "is greater than" Jack in the Box is what it means > is the greater than symbol in mathematics.

I just don't get why Whataburger refuses to open a location in the biggest college town in the state. Jack in the Box will do great business with all the texans at OU.

mfrost
04-08-2010, 09:56 PM
I don't think that business was good the last time that Whataburger was in town about 10 years ago. (It was over on Lindsey where the McAlister's Deli is now.)

dirtrider73068
04-09-2010, 09:13 PM
Wow another month. They must be having issues hiring for it or something.

Yup cause they want to ship you to Denton, TX for training then come back here to work 8.00 dollar an hour. My gf tried to work there and the guy told her she have to go to Denton to train and leave her daughter behind wasn;t going to happen even then he said it would be in may before they opened.

corpsman
04-10-2010, 12:31 PM
September, 1968, San Diego, CA....Had a Jack In The Box burger,so bad I haven't had one since

Peach fuzz
04-10-2010, 11:44 PM
I'd love to see one up north! breakfast jack .......mmmmmmmm

usmbubba
04-12-2010, 02:14 PM
It's for sure a Jack in the Box, They haven't started building yet, but I had a letter addressed to them today at that location

Thunder
04-12-2010, 07:24 PM
Jack in the Box will be on 29th and Air Depot. Right in between the gas station at the corner and the Santa Fe Cattle restaurant.

Watson410
04-12-2010, 07:30 PM
Jack in the Box will be on 29th and Air Depot. Right in between the gas station at the corner and the Santa Fe Cattle restaurant.

It's for sure a Jack in the Box, They haven't started building yet, but I had a letter addressed to them today at that location

dont know if they are still planning on the jack in the box but they are clearing out that land right behind the circle k

Looks like they broke ground today! It's behind the Shell/Circle K on the corner of Air Depot and SE 29th. I ate at Jack in the Box last weekend in Dallas, and i'm not sure I'm a fan... I mean don't get me wrong it's alright, but nothing special. I'm just excited we're getting other places that people from other states know and love (i.e. someone from TX moves to OKC and LOVES Jack in the Box, until now there wasn't ANY!) Another example, someone moves from OKC to Colorado and LOOOOVES Braums.... well.. there isn't one! lol... Anyways, I'm glad to see they're moving dirt!

LOL.... OK PEOPLE!! We have confirmed it numberous times, we get it! :beaten_fi

bombermwc
04-13-2010, 07:49 AM
There is a sign up now on that plot.

I'm waiting to see what happens when West Side is sold. That's going to be a rather large chunk of land and I gurauntee that west side will be dozed. It's not much good for anything other than office space or something like that...maybe doctor's offices or something....but as old as the building is, it's probably not even worth renovating...plus what are you gonna do with an old cafeteria and a gym that was converted into an orchestra rehearsal hall?

z28james
04-13-2010, 12:48 PM
In and Out in my opinion would murder any other fast food cheeseburger around here, that are like crack.

Jack in the box is ok, I would rather have a whataburger, but then again I would rather have a Jack than BK.

Zatso?
04-16-2010, 03:29 PM
Jack-in-the-Box is the first restaurant chain I recall that had a massive e. coli outbreak that actually killed customers. Seems like that was in CA back in the 80s, maybe. Can't recall that ever happening to McD's, BK, Sonic, etc.

iambecoming
04-16-2010, 08:31 PM
I don't think that business was good the last time that Whataburger was in town about 10 years ago. (It was over on Lindsey where the McAlister's Deli is now.)

It was much much longer ago than 10 years.

metro
04-22-2010, 11:29 AM
confirming the S. MacArthur store. OKCBiz commercial real estate transactions show the land was purchased for $887,500.

cedbled
05-10-2010, 10:49 AM
The Tulsa World article about Jack in the Box this morning has corporate officials saying the Norman location will open May 10.

So, who's enjoying the tacos today?

soonermike
05-10-2010, 11:40 AM
Went to the soft opening last Wednesday evening. The food was great (especially the tacos and eggrolls!) and the staff was super nice even though it was crazy inside.

kevinpate
05-10-2010, 12:46 PM
My youngest went to a preview lunch the other day (I think it was either Wed or Thurs that was Norman Juniors day) He was rather happy with his meal.

I haven't gone across town today so don't know how crowded it is or isn't.

rcjunkie
05-11-2010, 12:42 AM
Drove by the just opened Norman location yesterday evening around 5, the place was packed. They had 3--4 policemen directing traffic in and out of the parking lot and stopping customers from parking in adjacent parking lots (Strip Center, Walmart, Murphy's Gas)) and walking over.

oneforone
05-11-2010, 01:21 AM
I love Jack in The Box. I do not love it enough to stand in long lines for it. I will give it a few weeks. When the new wears off in a couple/few weeks, I will stop by and get a bite to eat.

blangtang
05-11-2010, 01:36 AM
never been, whats the 'thing to try' for a newbie?