View Full Version : what old Oklahoma history items do you have?...show us!!

grantgeneral78
06-17-2009, 04:11 PM
I have a old Bordens Dairy gallon milk jug with the plastic carry handle with ELSIE on the side...I dont know the age of it but it is cool.....Show or tell what you have collected through the years with Oklahoma history behind it.

bristolscene
06-17-2009, 04:14 PM
The only thing I can think of is a portion of caution tape that cordoned off the Murrah building in 1995, about a foot in length, that I took from the extra on the short-side of the tie-off. Oh, and the newspapers from the day and those following.

My family has a couple of Centennial Farms that have commemoration signs, but I don't know if that counts.

grantgeneral78
06-17-2009, 04:37 PM
The only thing I can think of is a portion of caution tape that cordoned off the Murrah building in 1995, about a foot in length, that I took from the extra on the short-side of the tie-off. Oh, and the newspapers from the day and those following.

My family has a couple of Centennial Farms that have commemoration signs, but I don't know if that counts.

That tape will bring back memories I bet for years to come. Oh that is cool about the signs not everyone will have those....very nice.

grantgeneral78
06-17-2009, 07:29 PM
I have a pretty neat ole sign it is from the old john a browns in capitol hill...deff a nice find.

papaOU
06-17-2009, 09:24 PM
I have several things. Most of which are maps.

grantgeneral78
06-18-2009, 05:52 AM
I have several things. Most of which are maps.

How far back does the maps go?

USG '60
06-18-2009, 06:08 AM
I have a whole book of tickets to the Semi-centenial. But I also have a piece of our dark side. It is a Democratic Party pamphlet from Pittsburg County in the teens. It is extreemly racist and very embarrassing for the state, the party and the era. As they come to mind I will list others.

Generals64
06-18-2009, 06:26 AM
I posted this yesterday but it didn't take...I'll try again...I have some chunks of the old Murrah building...the Front Granite and I have and old KKK book of regulations for the women of Our Great State....

grantgeneral78
06-18-2009, 06:38 AM
I posted this yesterday but it didn't take...I'll try again...I have some chunks of the old Murrah building...the Front Granite and I have and old KKK book of regulations for the women of Our Great State....

LOL now thats something you dont see everyday the KKK book

gen70
06-18-2009, 07:11 AM
I saw a copy of the klan handbook once. Some guys from Tennessee were trying to get me to sign up. I declined...enough said.

Generals64
06-18-2009, 07:18 AM
LOL now thats something you dont see everyday the KKK book

If you or anyone wants to see (I don't endorse any of it) I'll bring it, let me know.....

grantgeneral78
06-18-2009, 03:40 PM
If you or anyone wants to see (I don't endorse any of it) I'll bring it, let me know.....

nah, no need to see there philosophy, I got one of the last full size OTASO porcelain signs that hung on front of the old buildings. I t is pretty neat.

Generals64
06-18-2009, 04:20 PM
nah, no need to see there philosophy, I got one of the last full size OTASO porcelain signs that hung on front of the old buildings. I t is pretty neat.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
The old TG&Y variety stores outside signs were individual letters and they were made of Brass....I have looked everywhere for one of those but to no avail..

grantgeneral78
06-18-2009, 05:13 PM
The old TG&Y variety stores outside signs were individual letters and they were made of Brass....I have looked everywhere for one of those but to no avail..

Let me check some of my connections we will find you a set.

Generals64
06-18-2009, 05:16 PM
Let me check some of my connections we will find you a set.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm trying to be a nice guy and help the lady general with the house and found an unopened TG&Y Cassette April PROMOtion tape.....too bad Mc Crory's name was on it also....

grantgeneral78
06-18-2009, 05:21 PM
there was a auction my cousin was telling me in bartlesville had tons of tgand y old stock stuff and he said it sold cheap

papaOU
06-18-2009, 05:21 PM

Is there a year the booklet was printed on it anywhere? I am a fanatic about Civil War and Native American history. Especially when it comes to documentation. Would like to see the booklet any way.

Generals64
06-18-2009, 05:35 PM
Is there a year the booklet was printed on it anywhere? I am a fanatic about Civil War and Native American history. Especially when it comes to documentation. Would like to see the booklet any way.

I'll bring the copy with me Saturday....Also have a civil war cannon Ball and a bunch of Musket leads and buttons. A friend of mine's dad has a farm outside of Baton rouge where one of the last big battles of the Civil War occurred. He said he has so much trouble with people looking for memorabilia that he just a standing call to the Sheriff's office.....

rondvu
06-18-2009, 05:50 PM
I think SOMEONE should give me the old John A Brown sign :woowoo:. I have some postcards, a chuck of granite from the Murrah building, a brass plate showing the Cravens building. A metal business card from the old Skrivin Hotel,assorted pics and booklets a 57 Oklahoma Almanac. I do have a piece of ornate concrete from the building that was next to the Buick building that is now Red Prime. Just useless stuff, nothing valuable. Doug has seem of some my trashy treasures. Maybe we call all get together and show off our stuff. What's happening on Saturday?

Generals64
06-18-2009, 06:20 PM
I think SOMEONE should give me the old John A Brown sign :woowoo:. I have some postcards, a chuck of granite from the Murrah building, a brass plate showing the Cravens building. A metal business card from the old Skrivin Hotel,assorted pics and booklets a 57 Oklahoma Almanac. I do have a piece of ornate concrete from the building that was next to the Buick building that is now Red Prime. Just useless stuff, nothing valuable. Doug has seem of some my trashy treasures. Maybe we call all get together and show off our stuff. What's happening on Saturday?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you show RONDVU I'll bring you a Dillards money exchange bag from the Crossroads Mall Dillards Store. I bought out their "Junk" fixtures etc. and these were included.....Now all of you guys have bragged about your oklahoma History
Memorabilia.......I have (and will bring it) a money bag with the following name plastered all over it:..............PENN SQUARE BANK.......Next.....

grantgeneral78
06-18-2009, 06:39 PM
how about some cans from DOUBLE EAGLE OIL COMPANY

WANDA OIL remember them?

grantgeneral78
06-18-2009, 06:40 PM
how about MOTHER PENN based in OKC

grantgeneral78
06-18-2009, 06:40 PM
Your turn

rondvu
06-18-2009, 07:08 PM
Tell me were and the time you meet. If possible I will be there.

Generals64
06-18-2009, 07:26 PM
Coit's S. Western and 24th st.....1:30 until ??????

papaOU
06-18-2009, 10:22 PM
I'll bring the copy with me Saturday....Also have a civil war cannon Ball and a bunch of Musket leads and buttons. A friend of mine's dad has a farm outside of Baton rouge where one of the last big battles of the Civil War occurred. He said he has so much trouble with people looking for memorabilia that he just a standing call to the Sheriff's office.....

Would like to see the buttons and book. I have a cannon ball (that was the suprise for you I spoke of ) Mine are from the Vicksburg area. My second favorite place in the world to be. Also have musket leads. If you were shot with one of those even today they would not be able to save the limb...........

Generals64
06-19-2009, 06:27 AM
Would like to see the buttons and book. I have a cannon ball (that was the suprise for you I spoke of ) Mine are from the Vicksburg area. My second favorite place in the world to be. Also have musket leads. If you were shot with one of those even today they would not be able to save the limb...........

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I, Too am a Civil War and History Buff. this guy's Dad told us that there was a Hospital set up about where his front yard was and it was nothing to get up in the morning and find half a dozen people out there digging in his yard. Years ago, I found that The Younger Boys (Bob & Cole etc.) were cousins of my Grandmother's and thatfascinated me tremendously. I was in Missouri not long ago and stopped at the James Farm and there were pictures of the Youngers.....Looked just like my Grandmother's family.....

papaOU
06-19-2009, 06:38 PM
I, Too am a Civil War and History Buff. this guy's Dad told us that there was a Hospital set up about where his front yard was and it was nothing to get up in the morning and find half a dozen people out there digging in his yard. Years ago, I found that The Younger Boys (Bob & Cole etc.) were cousins of my Grandmother's and thatfascinated me tremendously. I was in Missouri not long ago and stopped at the James Farm and there were pictures of the Youngers.....Looked just like my Grandmother's family.....

What type buttons do you have?

Generals64
06-19-2009, 06:59 PM

I have trying to find them all day....I found the Cannon Ball and the Bullets...My wife is out of town but I'll talk to her tonight.....I think they are Union Buttons. I tried to call the guy that I got them from today but had to leave a message. I'll talk to you about this tomorrow....

papaOU
06-19-2009, 10:12 PM
I have trying to find them all day....I found the Cannon Ball and the Bullets...My wife is out of town but I'll talk to her tonight.....I think they are Union Buttons. I tried to call the guy that I got them from today but had to leave a message. I'll talk to you about this tomorrow....

No problem........

We will be without Southside Girl Saturday.........

Generals64
06-21-2009, 09:09 PM

do you like collectible stuff?....I have some canned water from Katrina. They were so bad no one would drink them but, I brought some back and if you want one i'll give it to you....

metro
06-22-2009, 09:21 AM
I've got a piece of marble from the Colcord before they remodeled into a hotel. I've also got an old OKC Railway token and several old OKC history books, maps and postcards.

Generals64
06-22-2009, 11:10 AM
I've got a piece of marble from the Colcord before they remodeled into a hotel. I've also got an old OKC Railway token and several old OKC history books, maps and postcards.

Hey Metro, you Need to come to the nostalgia meetings....3rd Saturday of each month. Sonergirl26 is in charge but she's O.K.

rondvu
06-24-2009, 04:02 PM
I would be leery of that group. I have seen some of them. Kinda shady if you ask me, especially that gray haired man with glasses. Actually I went Saturday and they are a great group of people. Growing up in the Spencer/ MWC area they even let me come. Didn't know much about the folks they mentioned, but it was a plethora of information.

Generals64
02-02-2010, 03:06 PM
Oklahoma History Item????? In 1917, my Great-Grandfather found a pair of McChesney Spurs hanging on a fence post in Love County, Oklahoma. He gave them to my Grandfather who eventually gave them to Me. Yes, they are true McChesney Silver Inlaid Spurs. Lots of History in these things......Family Treasure.....

gen70
02-19-2010, 09:45 AM
Oklahoma History Item????? In 1917, my Great-Grandfather found a pair of McChesney Spurs hanging on a fence post in Love County, Oklahoma. He gave them to my Grandfather who eventually gave them to Me. Yes, they are true McChesney Silver Inlaid Spurs. Lots of History in these things......Family Treasure..... My Grandfather was born in 1898 in I.T. (now Love co.) and he used to complain that one day he left his spurs hanging on a fence post and later not being able to find them. Ha..Ha..

Generals64
02-26-2010, 12:08 PM
My Grandfather was born in 1898 in I.T. (now Love co.) and he used to complain that one day he left his spurs hanging on a fence post and later not being able to find them. Ha..Ha..

================================================== ==============
Man, I brought the spurs to see if they were his but you were no where to be found.....