View Full Version : Panorama photo of Bricktown

so1rfan
06-14-2009, 08:16 PM
I took this today from the parking garage that overlooks the ballpark. It's about nine photos merged together, thought I would share.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/8636/stitchedresultn.jpg

ApplePearBerry
06-15-2009, 01:19 AM
That's a really nice shot! =)

Karried
06-15-2009, 09:21 AM
Great picture !

jstanthrnme
06-15-2009, 11:20 AM
is that the landfill on the far left? or is that the American Indian museum?

I really like the contrast in color of the downtown skyline, and bricktown!

Platemaker
06-15-2009, 11:34 AM
is that the landfill on the far left? or is that the American Indian museum?

That hill you see is the landfill SE of Crossroads area. The AICM is farther to the left of the photo and much closer to downtown.

MadMonk
06-15-2009, 01:02 PM
Nice job. What sofware do you use to stitch those pics together?

Patrick
06-15-2009, 02:14 PM
I didn't realize there were all of those new signs, "iconoklahoma.com", posteed around the Bricktown area, and even on the ballpark! lol! Nice panorama. Very frameable and sellable.

DaveSkater
06-15-2009, 02:43 PM
Very well done!

so1rfan
06-15-2009, 04:15 PM
I didn't realize there were all of those new signs, "iconoklahoma.com", posteed around the Bricktown area, and even on the ballpark! lol!

Musta been the work of Jessica Alba.

MadMonk I use an older program called MGI Photovista. I don't even remember where/when I got it. It did a pretty good job of stitching the photos considering this is about a 200 degree turn. I only had to do a small amount of repair work on one section so I was really pleased with it.

I didnlt even realize that you could see the landfill, but it is there out in the distance. I'll try to capture some of the Native American structure in the next few days or so.

That parking garage is just a great place to take these kinds of photos. There are so many recognizable landmarks in this view.

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

LordGerald
06-15-2009, 08:16 PM

MadMonk I use an older program called MGI Photovista. I don't even remember where/when I got it. It did a pretty good job of stitching the photos considering this is about a 200 degree turn. I only had to do a small amount of repair work on one section so I was really pleased with it.

I didnlt even realize that you could see the landfill, but it is there out in the distance. I'll try to capture some of the Native American structure in the next few days or so.

That parking garage is just a great place to take these kinds of photos. There are so many recognizable landmarks in this view.

You should go to the Pet Club on the 34th/35th Floor of the Chase Tower. I can take you up there and you can take photos in all four directions (east, west, north, south) then stitch them together in a giant -mega-cyclonic panorama. On a clear day, it is the best view in Central Oklahoma. If you bring some windex and some paper towels, you should be able to shoot through glass.

LordGerald
06-15-2009, 08:36 PM

Two other ideas for series: Art Deco in OKC (City hall, civic center, county bldg., some state buildings like Jim Thorpe) and WPA projects (Taft school, Zoo amphitheater, Taft stadium).

so1rfan
06-15-2009, 09:41 PM
You should go to the Pet Club on the 34th/35th Floor of the Chase Tower. I can take you up there and you can take photos in all four directions (east, west, north, south) then stitch them together in a giant -mega-cyclonic panorama. On a clear day, it is the best view in Central Oklahoma. If you bring some windex and some paper towels, you should be able to shoot through glass.

I'll take you up on that offer.

metro
06-16-2009, 08:52 AM
Excellent quality photos!! Keep up the good work, enjoyed the photos on your IconOklahoma.com website as well!

possumfritter
06-16-2009, 09:16 AM
Whers's the sharks?! Very nice photo. You should send that to the Mayor.

poe
06-17-2009, 07:28 PM
Great shot. Can't wait to see pics from the same angle when Devon starts going up.