View Full Version : Trying to find survivalists

Dr. Pants
06-11-2009, 10:22 AM
Hey folks,

I'm working on a story about normal folks who are stocking up on food, water, guns, ammo, fuel, etc. in case the world ends (politically, environmentally, however it goes down).

Do any of y'all fit the bill or do you know somebody who does? I'm not trying to poke fun at anybody -- this is a legitimite news article.

Send me a PM if you or anybody you know fites the description.

Thanks,
P.J.

GWB
06-11-2009, 12:02 PM
Hey folks,

I'm working on a story about normal folks who are stocking up on food, water, guns, ammo, fuel, etc. in case the world ends (politically, environmentally, however it goes down).

Do any of y'all fit the bill or do you know somebody who does? I'm not trying to poke fun at anybody -- this is a legitimite news article.

Send me a PM if you or anybody you know fites the description.

Thanks,
P.J.

Legitimate news article for what news organization?

kevinpate
06-11-2009, 01:09 PM
normal folks who are stocking up, or even thinking about stocking up, likely don't want to broadcast who they are, or where their stockpiles are located.

Think about it, it's bound to sink in.

PennyQuilts
06-11-2009, 01:31 PM
normal folks who are stocking up, or even thinking about stocking up, likely don't want to broadcast who they are, or where their stockpiles are located.

Think about it, it's bound to sink in.

Thanks for saying that, Kevin. I thought about how to phrase it, couldn't decide how so decided to just let it go. You did well.

Dr. Pants
06-12-2009, 12:43 PM
The story I'm working on is for the Gazette. Depending how you feel about that paper, I suppose you might not consider it reputable.

And I'm sure some folks would rather not talk about stocking up, which is fine -- I'm certainly not trying to force anybody to talk to me. But a lot of people also a) have reasons for their decisions that they like to express and b) are tired of misconceptions that anybody preparing for a catastrophe must live in a bunker in the woods.

Anyway, I appreciate your comments and concerns. Anybody who knows someone who fits the bill and is worried they don't want to be "outed," please contact them before e-mailing me to make sure they'd be OK talking to a reporter. I know reporters don't have the best reputation on the whole, but I'm just trying to tell a fair and interesting story.

Thanks,
P.J. Fry

PennyQuilts
06-12-2009, 12:57 PM
I love the Gazette. I also love your screen name.

Without going into details because my husband would kill me (he is a private person, which I completely respect), he promptly stocked up on certain kinds of ammo when this administration was elected. It was hard to find because many like minded individuals did the same thing. Many fire arms enthusiasts (I used to call them gun nuts until I learned how safety conscious the vast majority are) remember well when the the assault weapons ban went into effect and what they viewed as completely arbitrary and useless laws were passed related to guns. That piece of idiotic legislation created a ton of distrust by your average middle class Joe Blow law abiding citizen because it was just so stupid and didn't accomplish anything. The feeling, from what I can gather, is that if Congress would pass that useless bill that didn't accomplish really anything, it would be willing to pass further restrictive anti-second amendment bills for no good reason other than that some people are fearful and ignorant.

So while we certainly aren't stockpiling food and the like, I guess you could say he was stockpiling ammo. But it isn't because he thinks he'll need it in some revolution of something like that. He just doesn't want to need it and not have it available. Does that make sense? That probably doesn't meet the criteria for your article, sounds like. And if you quote me in an article, also include this part of the quote or I will Depants you, Dr. Smarty Pants Gazette Man. And correct any of my spelling. That last is extremely important.

DaveSkater
06-19-2009, 12:18 PM
I sold all my guns, and soaked my ammo in water. Ate all the canned spam, and filled in the underground bunker.

Sorry....