View Full Version : Car Dealership @ NW Highway & County Line

BB37
06-10-2009, 08:25 PM
Anyone know what's up with the car dealership that's been under construction at NW Highway & County Line Road? Looks like construction work has been stopped for the past two weeks. A victim of the auto industry crisis, perhaps?

Thunder
06-10-2009, 08:40 PM
Probably a Chrysler dealership?

Pete
06-10-2009, 09:04 PM
Or perhaps they merely decided to purchase one of the vacated (or soon to be) existing locations around town.

Jon27
06-10-2009, 09:17 PM
Anyone know what's up with the car dealership that's been under construction at NW Highway & County Line Road? Looks like construction work has been stopped for the past two weeks. A victim of the auto industry crisis, perhaps?

This was going to be the new Smicklas. I have no idea what is going on with it now though.

grantgeneral78
06-10-2009, 10:12 PM
This was going to be the new Smicklas. I have no idea what is going on with it now though.

Is Brad smiklas going to be running it?

BB37
06-10-2009, 10:15 PM

That's what I had heard. Maybe they're waiting to see if they're going to be on GM's dealer chopping block.

yukong
06-10-2009, 10:16 PM
That was going to be Smiklas Chevy. I have been told that Smiklas was one of the GM dealerships to lose their franchise. Smiklas, City Chevrolet, Bracheen in shawnee and John Holt in Yukon are the ones I know about. At this point, it may be dead in the water.

Thunder
06-10-2009, 10:41 PM
I was looking forward to buying a truck from City Chevrolet next year, after unsuccessful attempts at Hudiburg in MWC.

yukong
06-11-2009, 06:34 AM
I was looking forward to buying a truck from City Chevrolet next year, after unsuccessful attempts at Hudiburg in MWC.

You may be able to get a real good deal from them now. They are trying to unload as much of their inventory as possible. In fact, about a month ago, there was a big sale going on at the Steve Bailey Honda location there on NW Hwy just east of the empty Smicklas lot. Most all of the cars in that sale were brought up from the City Chevy lot for the sale. The salesmen were also from City Chevy.

Jon27
06-11-2009, 08:47 AM
Is Brad smiklas going to be running it?

I'm not sure

Patrick
06-12-2009, 02:29 PM
Smicklas is owned by the same group that owns Bob Howard.