View Full Version : Get Your Local Mail delivered by the USPS for Free...

possumfritter
06-05-2009, 03:29 PM
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e9/kybperez08/Icons/Mail_Carrier_2.gif

I mailed a card to a friend of mine the other day. He called me up laughing his
fool head off...saying, "Dennis, I can't believe you did that!"

Here's what I did...I addressed the card to "me" with "my" mailing address. I
put my friends address in the upper left corner as the "return" address. I then
put it in the mailbox in front of the Post Office.

You may be wondering,"So?"

I didn't put any postage on it...so the Post Office "returned" the envelope, to
my friend, with their little notice on it..."Needs Postage."

venture
06-08-2009, 07:45 AM
Umm may want to keep this to yourself. Mail fraud comes with the benefits of a vacation for up to 5 years and all for only $1000 payable to the government.

kevinpate
06-08-2009, 08:05 AM
reminds me of the phone service commercial a while back touting its low rates and encouraging folks not to be like the guy who places a collect call to the parents
from Mr. Vehadababyizaboy.

Sad in its own way

Thunder
06-08-2009, 08:08 AM
That's a great idea! I've never thought of that. :LolLolLol

oneforone
06-08-2009, 10:02 AM
reminds me of the phone service commercial a while back touting its low rates and encouraging folks not to be like the guy who places a collect call to the parents
from Mr. Vehadababyizaboy.

Sad in its own way

It's funny you mentioned that. Back in the 90's when cell phones belonged to only rich people and businessmen I used collect calls through 1-800-Call-ATT and 1-800-Collect to let my family know I was okay on road trips. I would say I was Jerry Jones (Dad's a big Dallas fan) to let my parents know everything was fine, do not accept the collect charges hang up.

possumfritter
06-08-2009, 11:45 AM
Umm may want to keep this to yourself. Mail fraud comes with the benefits of a vacation for up to 5 years and all for only $1000 payable to the government.

Well venture79, after the Government sent me a "second" TV Converter Box Coupon "after" I redeemed my first one, I just had to come up with something to recoup my costs for mailing back that second coupon to the Government.

--------------------

"I hold it, that a little rebellion, now and then, is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical." -- Thomas Jefferson

nighttrain12
06-08-2009, 09:55 PM
Well venture79, after the Government sent me a "second" TV Converter Box Coupon "after" I redeemed my first one, I just had to come up with something to recoup my costs for mailing back that second coupon to the Government.

You should have kept the second coupon for when the inevitable time that the first converter stops working.

possumfritter
06-08-2009, 10:12 PM
You should have kept the second coupon for when the inevitable time that the first converter stops working.

Maybe that's why they sent it? Dang!