View Full Version : Bricktown Blues Festival 2009

Karried
06-03-2009, 04:34 PM
BjmLbTrovf0

Okay, it is almost here! Yipppeeeeeeeeeee!

I'm so excited about this Blues Festival as our very own Laura Chavez from CA is the lead guitarist for Candye Kane and and we are thrilled to welcome her to OKC for the first time!

She is one of the best guitarist I've ever heard or seen.. she is incredible!

I love her expressions when she plays.. she is so passionate about her music.

Please come out and enjoy the festivities.

FRIDAY JUNE 12th

Candye Kane w Laura Chavez

8:30pm - 10:00 pm

hczUUqGiXFs

This one is awesome but I can't embed it.

Laura Chavez - Guitarist Video by Jack - MySpace Video (http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=24520467)

Karried
06-06-2009, 08:09 PM
Anyone planning on going?

kevinpate
06-07-2009, 04:18 AM
I'm hoping to roll through for a chunk of the weekend. The magic 8 ball can't settle on an answer

fromdust
06-08-2009, 08:37 AM
i sure hope i get to go. i really like this fest!

Karried
06-08-2009, 12:47 PM
I hope you can make it Friday night 8:30pm Candye Kane w Laura Chavez!

I swear, Laura Chavez is soooooo amazing! You will NOT regret going to see this performer.

JkTdYo9znHE

nik4411
06-08-2009, 08:50 PM
I would love to check it out....where is it exactly? any admission price or anything? thanks

Karried
06-08-2009, 10:28 PM
I hope you can make it!

OKLAHOMA CITY – The 14th annual Bricktown Blues & BBQ Festival, presented by Dr. Pepper, is scheduled for Friday, June 12 & Saturday, June 13.

The festival will be outdoors, rain or shine, under tents on the corner of Sheridan & Oklahoma Avenue in the heart of Bricktown.

Admission is free until 7pm and all ages are welcome.

nik4411
06-09-2009, 08:23 AM
Sounds good thanks Karrie, I'll definitely try to be there

Karried
06-11-2009, 10:18 PM
Kevin??? Did the magic ball fall on Friday night? I know nik4411 is going.. anyone else?

I hope everyone comes out Friday night.... I'd so love this event to be packed with cool peeps!

Come on down!

P.S. Bricktown Brewery - Happy Hour before 7pm.. half price Appetizers and Beer.. (unless they change it for this event)

Festival.. Free Admission before 7pm

possumfritter
06-12-2009, 09:15 AM
Karried,

My good friend Ike and I are going. I just made him a CD of all my B.B. King songs and he's in hawg heaven.

Do you member Paul Butterfield or Elvin Bishop (My Oklahoma Country Girl)

Should be fun this weekend!

Karried
06-12-2009, 09:28 AM
Possum, are you going tonight? Candye Kane @ 8:30pm... Laura Chavez... I can't wait to hear what you think!

No, I'm really not familiar with a lot of Blues.. :-(

But I just love Laura and her talent on the guitar blows me away... (and the entire crowd!) We followed her in New Orleans when she was playing in another band.. and it was the best week ever. Now she is with Candye Kane and I can't wait until tonight to see her play!

possumfritter
06-12-2009, 10:13 AM
Dang Ya Karried!!! I was gettin into Laura over on YouTube and I forgot about my breakfast cooking on the stove...until the smoke alarm just went off. LOL!!!

She is gooooooooooooooood!

Not going tonight...we made plans to go tomorrow.

Karried
06-12-2009, 11:11 AM
oh nooooooo, she is only going to be there tonight! Try to come tonight if you can!

USG '60
06-13-2009, 08:32 AM
Well doggonit, Candye drove us away last night. Her going on about her cancer was endearing the FIRST time. But she got so caught up in "preaching" that she didn't seem to know when to shut up and sing. And when she did sing it was without conviction. We got thoroughly bored and left. Saw no reason to buy a CD either.

nik4411
06-13-2009, 09:02 AM
Hey Karried I was there last night and you are right that girl can play that dang guitar.

Karried
06-13-2009, 10:11 AM
Hey Nik! She is awesome on the guitar isn't she? Thanks!

I hadn't seen Candye Kane perform live before... I guess if you've been been given a death sentence and survived it, (most people don't survive pancreatic cancer) then you might want to share your convictions about taking care of yourself and appreciating life and loved ones & cherishing every minute. That's all she was saying.

Sheesh, at least she didn't start spouting off political crap.

I didn't care that she mentioned surviving cancer ... I thought she put on a great show... I was there to see Laura play guitar, and that she did!

village idiot
06-13-2009, 03:52 PM
"Got to pay your dues, if you wanna sing the Blues"? HELLO
To survive pancreatic cancer qualifies to me. This sounds like the best lead-in to any Blues song you could ever write.
USG60, sounds like you just needed another cold one and enjoyed the night. I only wish Waymon Tysdale could preach to me one-more-time before the downbeat.