View Full Version : OKC Nationals June 5-7

Watson410
05-29-2009, 04:13 PM
Drag Boat Racing returns to Oklahoma City! This year its taking place at SW 15th and Portland (on the river). I just hope things go A LOT smoother than a couple years ago. Supposably you can get a refund for your wristband/ticket, from the 2007 when they canceled the event, tomorrow at the Cox Convention Center Box office from 12pm-7pm (Sorry for the late notice). If you haven't been to this event your really missing out. All the drag boats are cool, but the main feature is the Top Fuel Hydro boats.... From 0-250+ MPH in under 5 seconds... It's amazing!! It's next weekend, everyone go check it out! For more info on the event check out their website.
Oklahoma City Nationals (http://okcmotorsports.com/index.php)

LordGerald
05-30-2009, 11:24 AM
Drag Boat Racing returns to Oklahoma City! This year its taking place at SW 15th and Portland (on the river). I just hope things go A LOT smoother than a couple years ago. Supposably you can get a refund for your wristband/ticket, from the 2007 when they canceled the event, tomorrow at the Cox Convention Center Box office from 12pm-7pm (Sorry for the late notice). If you haven't been to this event your really missing out. All the drag boats are cool, but the main feature is the Top Fuel Hydro boats.... From 0-250+ MPH in under 5 seconds... It's amazing!! It's next weekend, everyone go check it out! For more info on the event check out their website.
Oklahoma City Nationals (http://okcmotorsports.com/index.php)

Sounds awesome. Hope none of the drivers fall in the river.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
06-02-2009, 02:38 AM
Who keeps a wristband from a non-event that most would like to forget?

Sheesh. They'd have been better off by not bringing that event up at all. I wonder how many vendors are going to show up this time after their treatment that day. Same with the racers themselves for that matter.

Watson410
06-02-2009, 07:34 AM
Who keeps a wristband from a non-event that most would like to forget?.

That's exactly what I was thinking when I read that on their website. I would have lost the wristband a week after they gave it to me!! It will be interesting to see how many vendors and racers are there, like you said... In their defense though we had pretty bad storms the whole week leading up to the 2007 event, But I still think they could have managed to get all the debris out of the river before that friday.

metro
06-02-2009, 07:54 AM
Who keeps a wristband from a non-event that most would like to forget?

Sheesh. They'd have been better off by not bringing that event up at all. I wonder how many vendors are going to show up this time after their treatment that day. Same with the racers themselves for that matter.

Especially when they said they weren't giving refunds after the event and the year after. This is a cheap, but good PR stunt for the event organizers to rebuild face.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
06-02-2009, 08:19 AM
That's exactly what I was thinking when I read that on their website. I would have lost the wristband a week after they gave it to me!! It will be interesting to see how many vendors and racers are there, like you said... In their defense though we had pretty bad storms the whole week leading up to the 2007 event, But I still think they could have managed to get all the debris out of the river before that friday.

It's not the cancellation that pissed everybody off. That's an unavoidable circumstance in the world of water sports. It's the racers not being allowed to start their boats for tuning after being told they could. It's the vendors losing their shirts over their nonexistent refunds. And last, but not least, the patrons from whom money was taken AFTER THE EVENT HAD BEEN CANCELED, then not refunded their money. Every jet boat racer I know was about 14 kinds of angry over the whole deal. And I don't even know any of the pros that probably lost a LOT more than the little guys I know.

It was just a bad, bad deal all around for everybody because of the way the people bringing the money and the talent were treated.